Rainy Day Superman Fights For Truth, Justice, And Mopey Poetry

Rainy Day Superman Fights For Truth, Justice, And Mopey Poetry

Once again, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is accidentally hilarious.

Read Full Article

Rainy Day Superman demands a haiku:

Rain is like sadness
Metaphors are monochrome
Mopey teenage Supes

no mention of the best picture related to that so far?

Lost In The Void:

See page 3?

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out that the second-to-last one was actually a dark screen, and not just my browser failing to load an image.

But yeah, spot on Photoshops, everyone. I keep picturing this cut to Batman's song from the Lego Movie...

Lost In The Void:

Shush, shhhh, quiet down... do you hear that?

It's the sound of thousands of slach fic writers the world over screeching in glee.

Fan fiction is coming.

I miss Christopher Reeve. Henry Cavill isn't bad by any stretch, but it would be nice to have a movie Superman who seems to enjoy being Superman. Plus, no one has handled the Superman/Clark duality better than Reeve.

Lost In The Void:

Thats no hug. Supes is grabbing some Bat balls. You cant hear it by supes whispers "Cough Bats".

This is my favourite one so far and if you don't understand it means you don't follow @CK1Blogs and ergo you disgust me

The 2nd one was my favorite, I always knew Batman just needed a hug. :P

...Is anyone else starting to miss the WB Animated Series? Or the JLA/JLU cartoons?

OT: These Photoshops are fantastic; I really hope this becomes a huge meme. Thanks, Ross. :)

Manly tears were shed at the Reeve pic. Manly tears.

Also, it is saying a lot that the movies are so serious and they are being made so much fun of. Already. Jeez...I really dont know what to expect from the Dawn movie...I guess I'll see it no matter what....since I'm a sucker for superhero movies and also since I'm eternally curious on how much they will muck it up.

How can the old Superman movies be so much older and so much better? Especially the first one...I get that the new movies want to be their own movies, but its possible to do that and ALSO get what Superman is all about :s

We dont need another Batman with superpowers....we need hope. Not grim determination.

LG Jargon:
...Is anyone else starting to miss the WB Animated Series? Or the JLA/JLU cartoons?

OT: These Photoshops are fantastic; I really hope this becomes a huge meme. Thanks, Ross. :)

I recently started watching the WB animated series again after many many years and it holds up so hard. Tim Daly was kind of amazing as the voice of Superman.

tzimize:

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman in my book, for both his portrayal of the character and his bravery after his accident. I actually feel kind of sorry for Henry Cavill, since he has to know his Superman will always be compared to Reeve's, probably unfavorably in most cases.

Shadowsetzer:

tzimize:

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman in my book, for both his portrayal of the character and his bravery after his accident. I actually feel kind of sorry for Henry Cavill, since he has to know his Superman will always be compared to Reeve's, probably unfavorably in most cases.

Agree 100% about Reeve. What a superman.

But Henry Cavill though....he's not really that good. Or he didnt get anything good to work with. I remember Brandon Routh from Superman Returns. Even if that was not the best of movies, it was a much better Superman. He had a reassuring smile and a thoroughly good demeanor. Superman in man of steel was just a superpowered marine...the Christ imagery was only visual, when he leaped from the spaceship. Not at all subtle, and NOTHING to do with the character. Brandon Routh shone as a force for good. He was what superman is supposed to be. He didnt have the awesome charisma of Reeve, but he got the job done imo.

Quick someone with photoshop skills put Chris Evans' Captain America into this pic!

Condescending news thread about an upcoming DC movie #2, right after the "Let's make fun of the title" thread.
He's standing in the rain. So fucking what.

Johnny Novgorod:
Condescending news thread about an upcoming DC movie #2, right after the "Let's make fun of the title" thread.

The vibrant colors, the slightly charming gaze, the sense of power and adventure...

... Thor looks more like Superman than the new Superman does.

Sylocat:
I keep picturing this cut to Batman's song from the Lego Movie...

And that is why I can't take the DC 'Grimdark' universe seriously anymore, and I'm a frigging fan of Warhammer 40k!

Johnny Novgorod:

Or you know, a god of thunder in a rainstorm? And lets not even begin to call out the actual use of some colours that not black and grey...

Johnny Novgorod:

I could have sworn that was swirling dirt and debris. It's rising up from the ground after all.

Also, there is only 1 rainy scene (that I recall) in Thor TDW, which was when he returns to earth.

Man. I kinda wish I knew how to use Photoshop so I could try my hand at one of these...

(My favorite is the one with the Lego figure, for obvious reasons. Also the last one.)

LG Jargon:
...Is anyone else starting to miss the WB Animated Series? Or the JLA/JLU?

Yes, actually. I miss the fun, optimistic DCAU. All we have now is a bunch of dark, depressing crap. *SIGH*

Bah, like we'll ever see a live action Supergirl movie again that doesn't stink. The director kinda hates female versions of guy characters, after all. <.<
Or some rot like that.

Nice gallery, though.

Captcha: I like people
You might, captcha, but I don't. <.<

Johnny Novgorod:

I think I get your point.

Edit: Got a bit carried away...

Johnny Novgorod:

Yeh, this was garbage. I'd like to think the Escapist could do better - since when did this site become a source for bad knock offs of Cracked photoplasty's (which can be of variable quality in their own right)?

They even managed to fit in one of those sweeping generalisations they seem to love so much. Good going guys.

MarsProbe:

Johnny Novgorod:

Yeh, this was garbage. I'd like to think the Escapist could do better - since when did this site become a source for bad knock offs of Cracked photoplasty's (which can be of variable quality in their own right)?

They even managed to fit in one of those sweeping generalisations they seem to love so much. Good going guys.

I was going to write something but I think you guys capture how I feel pretty well. The Escapist really needs some quality control, especially in the Movies and TV department.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here