Escapist News Now: Alien: Isolation Pre-Order Features Sigourney Weaver As Ripley

Alien: Isolation Pre-Order Features Sigourney Weaver As Ripley

SEGA announced that in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox that gamers who pre-order Alien: Isolation will get a free upgrade to the Nostromo Edition which includes the content called "Crew Expendable."

Watch Video

Yeah, you convinced me Andre,

I won't wait until the full game is released and reviewed and miss this great piece of content. I'll wait until the Complete edition is released in a couple of years time.

Seriously though, after Colonial Marines, Sega is obviously having to work much harder to convince people to pre-order. I've got nothing against Creative Assembly, but I'm not going to risk it on principle.

Also, have all those actors re-recorded their lines or have they just grabbed lines for the original film?

Finally, given that the whole of the game is basically a love-letter to the original film, will I'm sure involve running through vents and is a first person perspective game, I'm not sure how excited I should be about being Ripley.

There's seems to be a trend, or unofficial rule, regarding pre-order bonuses/content for games. If it looks or sounds good, then the main game itself is not going to be well received.

LaoJim:
I won't wait until the full game is released and reviewed and miss this great piece of content. I'll wait until the Complete edition is released in a couple of years time.

This.

The 'problem' with having enticing pre-order bonuses that are exclusive to certain regions is that it completely removes any incentive to pre-order a game to begin with. These don't sound like minor aesthetic additions to the game...they sound like genuinely fun content that I absolutely don't want to miss out on.

Kudos to them hyping me up for a sale...hopefully they don't mind that this purchaser will wait for a complete edition years down the road at a discount.

Working as intended I suppose :/

So I could pre-order.... orrrrrrrrrr

I just wait for a community/fan made mod which will likely be more complete and actually better. Seriously the pre-order is basically the first thing the community was gonna mod into the game anyway.

Try harder Sega. You want our money early... release early.

deleted

Im constandly hunted by my memories of Aliens: Colonial Mariens. If SEGA wants to make me play their games again, give a demo first, then relese the game with the fucking bonus content so i can deside if its worse the money or not.

No babinr. I don't believe earlier release would lead to zero modding. It would however increase their likelihood of getting my money. See.. I have an immediate distrust for people who want me to give them my money for a sight unseen product, to be delivered later. As said. they want my money early... then they better release earlier.

The more a game pushes pre-orders... the more likely it is to suck. See Colonial Marines...

Maybe the game will be good but I have zero faith in it, let alone enough to preorder it. These days I only preorder unless I'm absolutely sure I want it and will be buying the game at launch. Otherwise if tehre is even a hint of doubt then no, I'll wait and see the reviews or even rent it myself first.

BigTuk:
The more a game pushes pre-orders... the more likely it is to suck. See Colonial Marines...

Mostly true. Only counter-point I can think of off the top of my head is the simply ludicrous Saints Row IV pre-order editions, and that game was triple-distilled awesomesauce. Of course, I'm still insulted by "Aiden's Pearce's 'Iconic' Cap" being a pre-order bonus. And we all know how that turned out.

SlightlyEvil:

BigTuk:

Mostly true. Only counter-point I can think of off the top of my head is the simply ludicrous Saints Row IV pre-order editions, and that game was triple-distilled awesomesauce. Of course, I'm still insulted by "Aiden's Pearce's 'Iconic' Cap" being a pre-order bonus. And we all know how that turned out.

Fair enough... never been into Saints Row but I can respect that it was indeed a good game.

I'm excited for this, not enough to get over the fact I'm going to check reviews while waiting several months after it's release for the price to drop but hey ho.

Also, I don't think Ian Holm is credited, here's hoping his stand-in is up to the task

Oh my special Pre-Order only content. I love that
Like the others I see you at the Full Edition with all DLC in two years. Seriously this practice sucks, definitely since I rather want to be sure that the game actually is decent.

Pre-Orders only help the game publisher, they already sold the copies. If the game already is good.. that doesn't matter from then on. And as we have seen to many times that kidna goes wrong. Games being brought out requiring 2-3 months of patching just to fix the biggest issues. Games that just are not good

That and yes value, I understand it that sometimes it is worth paying 70 dollars to be one of the first to play the game. But again how many times has it bit us.

Oh well in two years we get the "Complete Edition" anyway.

Yeah fuck those guys! I checked it out on amazon for the 360 and it's 23 pounds more then the regular edition.

Given how badly Sega screwed up Aliens Colonial Marines I don't think ANYTHING would make me pre-order this sight unseen

SlightlyEvil:

BigTuk:

But...it's iconic! Don't you see? Speaking of Watch Dogs, I remember feeling rather sadly amused when in my local game retailer a copy of Watch Dogs advertised on the box as the "complete edition". What's worse, the fact that we're at the point where you can't just pick up a game anymore and expect it by default to be "complete" or the act that even this version will still be missing some content that isn't included either due to it being platform exclusive or a pre-order "bonus".

Nobody would have thought twice if this content was just included in the game as standard, instead of sectioning it off to be included in a separate edition with some arbitrary name devised by taking some recognisable name from the associated franchise and sticking the word "edition" onto the end. Still, I guess it's a catchier name than "LV-426 edition"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here