An Occupational Hazard

Pages 1 2 NEXT

An Occupational Hazard

Purveyor's of high brow satire for the intellectual comic enthusiast.

Read Full Article

I like how both poo and poop are tags, and that they lead to different networks of tagged articles. The Escapist's filing system is confusing, but entertaining.

Yep, when interviewing anyone from EA, better bring a rubber suit and a life jacket.

Eh, soft target, I feel. There's no way to repeat what they said without it sounding like a joke as it is.

CEO Andrew Wilson: We screwed up. We punished players by trying to wring money out of them. We won't do that again.
Head of Mobile Frank Gibeau: People jsut weren't ready for how awesome it is. If we try again, maybe people will just give in this time.

I know CEOs talk pure marketing sometimes, but I REALLY want to know whether they actually disagree, or if Wilson is talking pure BS.

thaluikhain:
Eh, soft target, I feel. There's no way to repeat what they said without it sounding like a joke as it is.

The funny part is that this is a joke that has two punchlines and they both work. The sad part is that one of the punchlines wasn't intended as a joke.

That's an excellent metaphor/ summary image of that bs reply.

Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?

008Zulu:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?

I would say no. given they will do the same exact thing in the next 5 games.

008Zulu:

Nope. A lot of people in PR (amongst others) would have us believe it does. "Fauxpologies", they are called.

(Swap "correct the mistake" with "not do that again" if you like)

Days/comics like this it's really annoying to be colourblind (I can't differentiate between red and brown). I thought it was blood (and didn't get the joke) until the comments :(

"High Brow Humour To Nuanced For You Filthy Plebs" indeed. xD

Eleuthera:
Days/comics like this it's really annoying to be colourblind (I can't differentiate between red and brown). I thought it was blood (and didn't get the joke) until the comments :(

Should have checked dem tags.

It's been a while since someone said that game execs suffer from diarrhea of the mouth. Thank you sirs.

Hoplon:

008Zulu:

At this point I'd call EA's business model outright fraud.

Releases broken, shove it out the door and patch it when we can. "Oh.. people don't like it? Spin some PR nonsense, they'll buy it again in a year anyway."

Hoplon:

Or that they have more than five other games pulling this crap. Which they didn't get such a rabid response to.

Look, I defend a surprisingly large amount of money grubbing from a lot of companies, including EA, but that comment was so out of line with reality, so blatantly false, the person who will bend over backwards to defend financing models that will personally make me not want to touch the game with a fifteen meter pole, cannot defend it. It wasn't just a false comment, it was trying to put the blame on a incredibly bad and panned product on an audience that clearly knew better than to buy it.

Hmph! Typical method of dodging the question. Don't fall for it, Erin; you're better than that!

Whaaaat that's exactly the scenario I imagined when I read the original article. Except the journo was just a generic guy. Scary...

I like how this comic is tagged with both "Poo" and "Poop" because you wouldn't want someone to miss it is they were only searching for one or the other.

Very thorough.

I love how on the fifth panel it looks likes Erin knows what exactly is going to happen.
Shit happens y'know?

Although with EA ...

Eleuthera:

Think of it this way. The way they talk you'd think they'd be killing themselves, but instead we're the only ones getting hurt. :D

OT: Yeah. That's pretty much what they're doing. Safe to say they don't watch/listen to Jim. ;p

Looks a bit like chocolate milk.

Still, I wouldn't want to be Erin.

I would have appreciated stink lines, or some sort of reaction to the smell of the poop aside from the surprise of it coming out of his mouth. Y'know, what with there being more to the unpleasantness of poop than just its physicality.

Imp Emissary:

I'd seen that one before, There seems to be more contrast this time though, so I got it right :D

Awesome, I got the Destiny code!

OT: Accurate as far as EA goes.

Wait, what's the piss-joke? I get that he's puking diarrhea (or "talking shit"), but what's that piss-joke they mentioned?

Skeleon:
Wait, what's the piss-joke? I get that he's puking diarrhea (or "talking shit"), but what's that piss-joke they mentioned?

golden shower >_>

I am usually opposed to this sort of crude humor. But in this case it is the best option.

Hey man, people are going to act like dicks on the internet.

Isn't that how is goes?

Thunderous Cacophony:
I like how both poo and poop are tags, and that they lead to different networks of tagged articles. The Escapist's filing system is confusing, but entertaining.

In the event the comic of the day doesn't amuse me, I can always count on the tags to do it. What will be really funny is if someone else (Jim, Yahtzee, Moviebob, the LRR Crew) reuse them.

Well I was going to make a comment about how highbrow an nuanced this joke was but I see you beat me to it in the comment and tags.

I would like to write off that particular comment as marketing idiocy but it sounds to me far too much like they are just planning to widen the hole a bit more before they finally stick it to people wholesale.

and that's why insurance companies don't cover shit-flood damage.

TiberiusEsuriens:
CEO Andrew Wilson: We screwed up. We punished players by trying to wring money out of them. We won't do that again.
Head of Mobile Frank Gibeau: People jsut weren't ready for how awesome it is. If we try again, maybe people will just give in this time.

I know CEOs talk pure marketing sometimes, but I REALLY want to know whether they actually disagree, or if Wilson is talking pure BS.

I feel like Wilson is just the only man in the room who is actually aware of how unpopular EA really is. It's like he's desperately trying to put out the fires, but those other asshats just keep pouring on more gasoline. Does Wilson actually care about the consumer? I don't think so. He probably agrees with their present business model. But he does care about EA's image, and I think he's the one somewhat sensible guy in the room trying to smooth things over. He doesn't care about you, of course, but EA's biggest problem isn't necessarily their business practices. It's their atrocious PR.

You may sneer, but EA is keeping tens of thousands of male bovines employed in this harsh economy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here