Which Beginner Board Game Should You Play?

Which Beginner Board Game Should You Play?

It can be hard to choose, but we'll choose for you.

Take the quiz!

Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island

Take this quiz

Pretty much me right here. I like working together with people- but also I have been into games like Magic the Gathering. So it makes sense to get this result after all. Seriously though ... 2 v 2 Magic the Gathering duels are awesome.

Caramel Frappe:
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island

Take this quiz

Pretty much me right here. I like working together with people- but also I have been into games like Magic the Gathering. So it makes sense to get this result after all. Seriously though ... 2 v 2 Magic the Gathering duels are awesome.

I also got Forbidden Island.

The rub of this is: I own Forbidden Island. I've played it on several occasions.
I hate the game. I find it incredibly boring.

I got Risk legacy. But to be fair, I bought it last week and started playing with a group of friends Saturday, so I kind of knew what answers to pick. Love it through 3 games, but unfortunately someone won the first 2 in a row.

Caramel Frappe:
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island

Take this quiz

This is what I got but Pandemic is my beginner board game of choice.

Ticket to Ride is the best beginner board game ever made, so I'm glad I got that on my second try.

I got Risk on my first attempt though. Ugh. I hate that game with a passion.

I got Settlers of Catan. It does seem like my type of game.
Sadly, I've never played a single board game (not counting monopoly).
I would love to play board games, or D&D, but that required friends interested in it. Or even any friends at all. ,)

Risk, baby! :D

Admittedly, I haven't played the game in years, but I do enjoy the stories that come out of the game. I have lots of them when I used to play with other people, but that sudden yet inevitable betrayal bit is where it's fun. :D

Fuck you Prussia! >:(

I didn't have any problems with these games per say, but I don't think you can really call a board game "Beginner level", I introduced my group of friend to board games with Mage Knight and we play that every week now.

I got Settlers on the second time. I think the author of the quiz and I differ in our understanding of 'co-operation' in board games. I like 'co-operating' with people in Settlers by agreeing to their trade and then surprising them by pulling off a VP win they didn't see coming.

I've seen Forbidden Island played before. Sure, I'm willing to cooperate, but the real hitch comes in figuring out who to cooperate WITH, doesn't it?

It's quite the dismal game, inevitably watching your future crumble with every turn as your allies needle you for a change in plans. So, basically every game I play with friends.

I got Dixit on my first try.

I bloody LOVE Dixit.

I approve of this quiz. :)

I got forbidden island but...

*sighs* So many I'll never be able to play with how I am...

Ticket to Ride... never even heard of that one. o.O

Looking at the rest of your responses, the only game I've heard of is Risk. Whatever happened to Candy Land? Chutes & Ladders? Clue? Life?

Risk Legacy
Risk Legacy

Take this quiz

Will definitely see if I can buy a copy online and play it with my mates.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here