Earlier Access

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Earlier Access

A summary will be added in the next update.

Read Full Article

Why would you trade the valuable cow!? I'm sure that Early Access game is only worth 3 puka shells and some otter pelts at the most. Never trade the cow, you'd need to trade that to get the subscription for the Sims 4! *cow not included in base game, get that with the Dairy Animal DLC for only $4.99*

Pssh, a cow? That game looks like it's worth only a Chicken and some sea shells. Cow too good to trade for that.

That piece of crap? At most, its worth three gallons of milk and a few M&Ms hiding in your pockets.

Neronium:
Why would you trade the valuable cow!?

Shanicus:
Cow too good to trade for that.

I could be wrong but I think it's a cash-cow.

I thought it was more like early access beef.

Maybe you guys are being a little too hasty, the cow could be barren of milk and only good for meat? That or Erin is buying the collector's edition, iconic cap included.

Ha ha ha ha! "Early Access Money!" Of course are you sure that game is worth a whole cow? Maybe a bag of grain and some eggs.

Heh, love the concept.

Instead of real money, I'll give them some blank paper and promise to draw a dollar bill on it over the coming months. If I feel like it. Maybe.

Oh sorry, I'm afraid my payment ran into unforeseen complications and I've had to abandon giving you my hard earned money. Better luck next time.

Aw, everyone else has also realised that a cow would cost more than the game.

Ah well.

I believe the cow was a pre-order incentive for Euro-Farming simulator

MarsAtlas:
That piece of crap? At most, its worth three gallons of milk and a few M&Ms hiding in your pockets.

Well, a cow is pretty much early access milk.

Alright, everyone. Moove on here. This thread is done.

Neronium:
Why would you trade the valuable cow!? I'm sure that Early Access game is only worth 3 puka shells and some otter pelts at the most. Never trade the cow, you'd need to trade that to get the subscription for the Sims 4! *cow not included in base game, get that with the Dairy Animal DLC for only $4.99*

$4.99! this is EA were talking about DLC is $9.99 for 1 cow $19.99 for 3 or $29.99 for a small herd.

I don't think there's any need to chew the cud even more about this subject.

But if you've like to hear more, this comment is in early access, for only $19.99 you can find out the rest of my thoughts, at some vague point in the future, if I ever bother writing them down!

TopazFusion:
Well, fine. I'll just go buy this udder game instead.

Grouchy Imp:

Careful, we're milking it now.

I hope you didn't ruminate over that pun for too long.

Oh good. An entire thread of cow puns. I hope you're happy, Grey and Cory. I hope you're god-damn happy.

Also, what's with the sign-off song? I don't get the joke.

Grouchy Imp:

Neronium:

Shanicus:

TopazFusion:

Grouchy Imp:

xD I assume puns shall be made until the cows come home.

Personally, I think she should have kept the cow, and paid with a cowpie.
Equal exchange. ;p

Was there any significance to the guy with Wolverine claws in the background?

ZZoMBiE13:

Oh sorry, I'm afraid my payment ran into unforeseen complications and I've had to abandon giving you my hard earned money. Better luck next time.

I genuinely burst out laughing at this one. Tip of the cap to you sir.

You can be sure if there was an issue of payment for a product, electronic or otherwise, the consumer wouldn't be receiving it whatever the promises.

However we are expected to fork out currency for the...possible potential of something?

Imp Emissary:

Grouchy Imp:

Neronium:

Shanicus:

TopazFusion:

Grouchy Imp:

xD I assume puns shall be made until the cows come home.

Personally, I think she should have kept the cow, and paid with a cowpie.
Equal exchange. ;p

To be honest some of these jokes are so old they need to be put out to pasture.

TopazFusion:

Grouchy Imp:

TopazFusion:

Don't worry, I can easily calf my way through these puns.

That's the kine of thing I like to hear!

Needs better tagging. You can't have an entire thread of cow puns and not a single "until the cows come home" tag.

So Erin is so married to her work she's giving developers lebola?

TopazFusion:

Grouchy Imp:

TopazFusion:

I've herd of worse jokes to make in a thread like this.

At least the developers will be milking something other than the customers.

Best case scenario, she just paid him 40 ($60) Wost case, over 1000. http://www.dairyco.org.uk/market-information/farm-expenses/cow-heifer-prices/gb-cow-heifer-prices/#.U856rPldWSo

Yes, I am that much of a pedant. Sue me.

Well now you can't get any magic beans. :(

can you guys stop the moo-aning about early access?

on a more serious note, i wonder if the comic is referencing unteruned, the inexplicably popular dayz-like early access game on steam

atleast the game is free so it doesnt hurt to try it out

Oh god, I have to try this at my local shop. I walk in carrying odd things with me all the time (a TV, a chair, a fridge, etc). Should be good.

TopazFusion:

Malbourne:

TopazFusion:

I've herd of worse jokes to make in a thread like this.

I dairy anyone to come up with something better!

You guys are so cheesy.
But be sure to give yourselves a pat on the back.

I heard something that I didn't think I would hear this year: an early access survival game... WITHOUT ZOMBIES!

scorptatious:

Early access games are pretty much like magic beans: sold with the promise that they will become something awesome.

Granted, I don't know much about farming; but a cow seems like an awful lot to give for yet another Early Access game. A bottle of farm-fresh milk is the most I'd give for it.

According to Caroline Humphrey, there is actually no anthropological or ethnographical evidence has ever shown that a pure barter economy has ever existed. Throughout history only credit and monetary systems have ever been seen. I think it is clear to most of us how our own market economies use money as a medium of exchange, but in societies (both historical and present) without money no apparent bartering occurs. Instead, most exchange happen between neighbors who trust one another to pay back their debts in due time. Because there is little travel of people from village to village and small populations where everyone knows one another, it is easy to keep track of who owes whom and how much. Even over a long period of times, a person leverages their own reputation as collateral on a debt.

For example, I would ask the local diary farmer for a gallon of milk, and he would give it to me, trusting that someday I might give something of equal value later down the road. If I do not give him anything, or I short change him with a single egg, word will get around the village that I'm a cheap moocher and no one will give me what I need because I am untrustworthy. But if I do pay him with something he might need, say a large bundle of firewood, then word will get around that I am an honorable and helpful neighbor, and more people will be willing to help me out.

In short, a barter system is not the historical precedent of the modern market economy.

CaitSeith:

scorptatious:

Early access games are pretty much like magic beans: sold with the promise that they will become something awesome.

Which is why that is what we should pay: "These beans will totally grow into magic beanstalks. Our promise is ever bit as good as yours."

I think I enjoyed the cowpuns more than the comic. =D

screwtapethedemon:
...in societies (both historical and present) without money ... it is easy to keep track of who owes whom and how much.

Mmm. How do they measure how much with neither a monetary standard nor a system of barter?

screwtapethedemon:
For example, I would ask the local diary farmer for a gallon of milk, and he would give it to me, trusting that someday I might give something of equal value later down the road.

What you just described is barter - it's barter on credit, but it's still barter. Any time you treat sets of goods or services as having comparable values without an underlying monetary standard, that's barter - by definition.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here