The Walking Dead Season 2: Amid The Ruins Review

The Walking Dead Season 2: Amid The Ruins Review

Things get bleak in this episode. That makes a bright change of pace.

Read Full Article

Just curious, what prevents you from giving it more than four stars? It seems your review was pretty favorable. I was just wondering what is keeping it from being truly great in your mind.

Sadly because of damn psn in Europe, we have to wait until tomarrow, same as the dark souls 2 dlc... yay!

All right... so what changes if

Outside of spoilers: damn. I really thought I started to get some resistance to TellTale cliffhangers. Wrong again. Episode 5 can't come soon enough.

Yossarian1507:

To answer...

roboman123:

Yossarian1507:

To answer...

I think it relates to

If you

Can you not

Because I kept trying to not do it, but I only had like 5 seconds and I would keep getting munched if I didn't do it. Which led to people freaking the fuck out for obvious reasons. Because I didn't want to do that!

Don Incognito:

roboman123:

Yossarian1507:

To answer...

I think it relates to

As for Kenny...

Also this is perhaps the first time I wish it would let me just split up from the group and never come back the only reason I was sticking around was because I liked Jane and Sarah but...

Is it just me, or...

Yossarian1507:

I really liked this episode. Though, it felt pretty sad that

Burnouts3s3:

Wow

Can't wait for the final episode!

Burnouts3s3:

I'm gonna be that person who says it.

Great episode. Waiting for the next one is going to be tough.

Kenny

Jane

A bit unrelated, but was there a teaser clip for episode 5 at the end? For me, it went straight to the choices and credits, and I don't know if it was a glitch, or intentional.
Also, the Telltale pet names at the end of the credits are hilarious. I think they put those names in to counteract the depression of the game.

Sqrt(-1):
A bit unrelated, but was there a teaser clip for episode 5 at the end? For me, it went straight to the choices and credits, and I don't know if it was a glitch, or intentional.

I didn't get one either. Even last seasons episode 4 had a "Next time..." clip at the end, so the only reason I can think of it being so for this one is that they just didn't have one prepared. Telltale is really stretching their resources thin with all these projects they're letting out.

Sqrt(-1):

Nope, no teaser. I don't think there was one for season 1's finale either, so it's likely intentional.

OT: Great episode ('dat ending. Holy crap). I even laughed a few times, though a few issues.

Pops16:
Just curious, what prevents you from giving it more than four stars? It seems your review was pretty favorable. I was just wondering what is keeping it from being truly great in your mind.

It could be that games based on pre-ordering give Jim a bad feeling, or that the episode wasn't that good by Escapist standards: 3.5 stars is a very common score on this site.

I really didn't see the

Plus, I (and I assume most everyone) figured this out in regards to character deaths after Season 1:

MarsAtlas:

Sqrt(-1):

I didn't get one either. Even last seasons episode 4 had a "Next time..." clip at the end, so the only reason I can think of it being so for this one is that they just didn't have one prepared. Telltale is really stretching their resources thin with all these projects they're letting out.

This one ends on a pretty heavy cliff hanger though. Any sort of teaser clip showing anythin other than Clementine all the time and nothin else would spoil what actually happens.

MarsAtlas:
I'm gonna be that person who says it.

Damn right.

A fine installment.

The ending for this one was one of the harshest yet. That was almost as harsh as the ending to season 1.

I just saw the embodiment of Dota 2's Russian Community.

I still cant get interested in anything that happens between those people. From the first time i met them they treated me like an asshole, seeing them dieing one after another is more a relieve then shocking. The only one i ever cared for was lee and he is long gone. Also im getting sick of all-the-worst-case-scenarios-that-could-ever-happen happening on the same exact time. People getting killed by zombies? naaaaaaaaaaa, how about people getting killed by zombies while the whole building is collapsing during a snow storm and also a wild angry burning horde of elephands is chasing us backed up by the worst cliche russian stereotypes after putin took over ukraine? i also wish there would be just once one sentence to choose from that would actually make any sence during the same endless two-people-are-arguing-about-bullshit scenes. i think im just getting tired of zombies.

While less tense than last season, I'm liking this one more. Group dynamics are hard to get right and most people will have a group agree, or put aside differences for the greater good. Yet Walking Dead reached the point of characters having to accept the situation is long term, and as such, facing issues with the long term prospects to dealing with others that don't always see eye to eye, or can't just drop the baggage of loss as easily as others. No one in the group is bad, and only people without a soul couldn't at least get Sarah's having been sheltered a bit too long, or Kenny's survivor's guilt. This was the first time I held back letting arguments happen because I didn't see a solution, and didn't think people would take "stop fighting" too well in the long term.

I don't know whether to look forward to the final chapter or not. I drool in anticipation, but at the same time, I saw the ending of the last season coming, and given the themes of the season this time, I just know that

Well that's another episode of drama done, liked this episode and Jane was a really cool character and felt rather small as clem in the face of an angry kenny xP

MediocrePear:

Burnouts3s3:

Wow

Ha, whoops, responded a few days late to the party. That's what happens when you don't have the internet for a week.

MediocrePear:
Wow

Well, that's the Telltale Trope: major decisions have little consequences. That's right. I said it. I'm not putting a spoiler warning on that, because all the Telltale seasons have been that way.
But on the bright side, that means you can go for a "good person" playthrough in hopes of things going right for some time, and later you can do a "bad person" playthrough where you see how far being mean gets you. At least the stories we get stuck on are always either good or great. And yes,

And that brings up another Telltale Trope: cliffhanger endings right before final episodes! I don't see the point in having them, and they only serve to irritate me, knowing there's a threat around that I can't deal with until the next episode!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here