Previews: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! - Wilhelm the Enforcer Preview

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! - Wilhelm the Enforcer Preview

Andrea checks out Wilhelm, one of the playable characters from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Watch Video

Seriously, at this point its funny how cheap and lazy Gearbox is being with this hackjob. Wilhelm is a recolor of Salvador, who was a recolor of Brick.
Props to Andrea for getting a chance to play, but shame on you Gearbox! How lazy can you get?!

Silentpony:
Seriously, at this point its funny how cheap and lazy Gearbox is being with this hackjob. Wilhelm is a recolor of Salvador, who was a recolor of Brick.
Props to Andrea for getting a chance to play, but shame on you Gearbox! How lazy can you get?!

At this point, I think most of the fans understand going in that the characters are kinda similar. I played as Brick in the first game and Salvador in the second because I feel big tanking gigantic, space monstrosities and the hand held artillery strikes that Borderlands calls a pistol but the other characters have specs that can do similar things. I play because I enjoy the writing/characters/setting but the tediousness of the game play, all the walking from place to place to hand in quests has already prompted one of friends to give up on the series. I'm gonna play this one but if things in the franchise don't shift it will probably be the last.

Silentpony:

Well, there is only so much to work with....
Calling it a reskin/recolor or whatever is a bit exaggerated though.

OT: While my hype for this game has died down, I'll still be buying it day 1.

I like the whole "body changes as you upgrade" thing. I don't remember it from the video, do they say if anyone else is affected like this?

Silentpony:

They could sell skins....

Silentpony:

Similar archtypes, not carbon copies. Pretty dissimilar to anyone actually familiar. They don't even fill the same roles. Sour grapes.

Meh, still a overblown prequel DLC by third party developers. Considering I gobbled up everything Borderlands 2, I cannot believe how little this interests me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here