Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Loading Screens - The Best Ways to Hurry Up and Wait

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Loading Screens - The Best Ways to Hurry Up and Wait

Some games make sure you enjoy the time it takes to load new levels, and Lisa counts down the best of the bunch.

Watch Video

I like the Dragonball Z one with Yamcha because you could smack him with his own Ki ball (I forget the name of that attack)

canadamus_prime:
I like the Dragonball Z one with Yamcha because you could smack him with his own Ki ball (I forget the name of that attack)

i think it was a spirit bomb?

canadamus_prime:

But it slows the ball back down to it's initial speed. I remember when my game stopped working and it stayed on the loading screen. I had minutes of fun.

Sadly the DMC3SE loading screen lacks the interactivity of the vanilla edition. I loved hacking away so much, the thing actually exploded. Was so awesome.

Wait, so that's all Namco's fault? NAAAMCOOO!

I vote you wear the raccoon sweater!

Congratulations, Lisa. In spite of doing nothing to earn it, I now feel like drinking beer.

Also, that straight jacket outfit was oddly hot, though I'm a little worried what that says about me.

Well, for the drinking pauses there are still the cut-scenes!
Oh, wait ... there are games out there, where you have to QTE during cut-scenes! ...
So gaming is basically a secret brainwash to get us off drinking!! Sad :(

So I have to know, how many people suggested so version of "nothing" as what to wear next episode?

I was going to vote for Kevin cosplay, but the straight jacket won me over.

Wow, except for Peach and the panda sweater you should wear all of them ;)
At least the cat ears, in honor of Kevin having learned to tweet!!!

I really liked Skyrim's interactive loading screens. Especially if you did things properly and got it on PC and then downloaded the "Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips" mod :)

Avaholic03:
So I have to know, how many people suggested so version of "nothing" as what to wear next episode?

Yeah I have to imagine there was a pretty low signal-to-noise ratio on those responses.

Dress as a Victorian era ghost!

Do what I do and wear a beer hat. I can drink and game at the same time. It's not so good for Forza though, because DUI.

Err while it wasn't a minigame but I did like what you can do in the loading screen part in No More Heroes. All you did is to tap A to hit the icon (Rose Star) upward and doing it more goes all the way to the top and another different color rose star appear and repeat.

phoenixlink:

canadamus_prime:

Nope, 'cause only Goku can do the Spirit Bomb. Also it doesn't look like that.

AgentLampshade:

canadamus_prime:

But it slows the ball back down to it's initial speed. I remember when my game stopped working and it stayed on the loading screen. I had minutes of fun.

So? I just enjoyed smacking him with it.

canadamus_prime:

phoenixlink:

canadamus_prime:

AgentLampshade:

canadamus_prime:

It was the Spirit Ball attack :)

Why am I such a massive DBZ nerd...

On the PS2 games, you could eject the disc and it would stay on the loading screens, so you could keep playing.

chozo_hybrid:

canadamus_prime:

phoenixlink:

AgentLampshade:

It was the Spirit Ball attack :)

Why am I such a massive DBZ nerd...

On the PS2 games, you could eject the disc and it would stay on the loading screens, so you could keep playing.

Ah yes. That was it. I know most of the attacks, but some of the lesser used ones escape me.

Now I want a beer... and I don't have any.

Thanks Lisa. Thanks a lot. *scowl*

tangoprime:
I really liked Skyrim's interactive loading screens. Especially if you did things properly and got it on PC and then downloaded the "Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips" mod :)

I had no idea that they were interactive. In what way are they interactive?
I've always just sat there waiting for a horrifically long loading screen to end. I went so far as to disable auto save because of how long.

yeah, you should try the straight jacket. and maybe next time tomb raider.

Lisa should wear the straightjacket. It'd be original, to say the least.

This is a pretty clear example of something that should not be patentable.

ah, more patent gobling for general mechanics. fun all around.

best loading screens are the ones you do not see. because there is really no excuse for game to have loading screens midgame now. i cna udnerstand game starting up needing to load, after that the game world should load as you go along. but of course the consoles arent capable of that, thus were stuck with loading screens.

I think the best loading screen games are the ones where the only way to get out of them was to press start after the game loads... I don't know why I like those in particular or why I can't think of any actual examples of that actually happening right now... (Must be the beer "water" I'm drinking as I'm typing this...)

Other than that... Dress up like Yahtzee and do a "Top 5 Games reviewed on Zero Punctuation"? *hiccup*

Oh! Oh! Do the Tomb Raider Legend one next!

My first encounter with interactive loading screens was just the Assassin's Creed ones. Where you just run around an empty space. Not exactly thrilling stuff.

tangoprime:

Excellent mod, though not exactly interactive as such.

Also: Namco, F*ck you.

I hope Bayonetta 2 has the same loading screen practice sessions.

Oh, but for your next video; Bayonetta cosplay.

scw55:

tangoprime:

I had no idea that they were interactive. In what way are they interactive?
I've always just sat there waiting for a horrifically long loading screen to end. I went so far as to disable auto save because of how long.

Ed130 The Vanguard:

tangoprime:

Excellent mod, though not exactly interactive as such.

Also: Namco, F*ck you.

Not as interactive as examples mentioned, but you're able to use the thumbsticks to zoom and rotate on the object being displayed on the screen, so it's technically "interactive" I guess. I just remember it standing out, since most games don't even do that.

For some reason i really like the straitjacket, wear that ;)

RTR:
Lisa should wear the straightjacket. It'd be original, to say the least.

Seconded on the straightjacket! And when you escape from it, flip the double bird, please.

FPLOON:
I think the best loading screen games are the ones where the only way to get out of them was to press start after the game loads... I don't know why I like those in particular or why I can't think of any actual examples of that actually happening right now... (Must be the beer "water" I'm drinking as I'm typing this...)

Other than that... Dress up like Yahtzee and do a "Top 5 Games reviewed on Zero Punctuation"? *hiccup*

i smell another crossover cameo!

Darth_Payn:

FPLOON:

i smell another crossover cameo!

Lisa: "Hey, Yahtzee! Wanna make a cameo on my Top 5 Games reviewed on Zero Punctuation video?"
Yahtzee (from that one pre-recorded clip): "No!"
Lisa: *pauses* "Close enough..."

Lisa, you should totally wear the raccoon sweater next episode.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here