Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Gears of War 2

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Gears of War 2, but only for all you big manly men.

Watch Video

Heh, cracked me up ;)

And nice not being all negative on a game every now and then

Loved it. I just got it over the weekend, and I've got to say that although I can see everything good about the game, I just can't seem to enjoy it. Also I'm suprised nothing was said about

I lol'd. That was awesome.

EDIT: Whats up with all the losers posting before they watch it? Wow..

lol i love your reviews man, nice one they always bust my balls

cool new video but why are so many people banned for those posts??

Finally, a brief mention of Gears of War 2! Can't say I'm surprised to see he (sort of) liked it - in its previous E3 and award show mentions images seemed to be a bit more supportive of it than other titles. And really, Gears of War is nothing more than what it is and it's comforting to see that Yahtzee recognizes this.

And I love the fact he felt the need to defend last week's FarCry 2 accent.

So he's worked through his promised backlog - wonder what comes next?

My god, he actually gave some good points to a game as well as bashing it...

Wow, this one was almost a return to form IMO, he really needs to stop reusing certain gags though, the triple cunted hooker in particular is getting a bit old. Also HAHAHA at all those banned above me.

Yeah, I didn't like Gears of War 2 that much, I was kind of bored through most of it, I don't know why though.

I loved the bit about the chest high walls, lol.

I wondered why he did the voice in the last one thought he might of lost a bet or something clearly not the case.

Sigh, why is it shooters and stories rarely get along well.
Edited

Yup. As usual sounds about right. Great show as always

keyper159:

They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01

Wow, that is some fast banning. 8 users in 8 minutes.
Haha, I lots of chest high walls in this game. Hey the triple cunted hooker is back!
Great review Yahtzee, didn't make me laugh as much as the others though.
EDIT: Huh, I just noticed Yahtzee did a shout out to all the people who didn't know he was doing a south African accent :P

They're banned because they replied before actually watching the video.

Which was awesome, by the way!

keyper159:

Because they are posting before it's even possible to have watched the movie. Therefore it's a pointless post when you're saying 'That was awesome!' (See past tense) when you haven't even watched it yet.

On topic, I was surprised he was so nice to the game! I figured he'd be pretty harsh!
Not too shabby.

Best review in a while. Not only did he engage in constructive criticism, but he succeeded for the first time in month in making me laugh out loud.
"Sometimes popular things are popular for a reason. Because they're good... or because Will Smith is in it." HAHAHAHA

Clairaudient:

keyper159:

They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01

*nods and shines hammer*

i love it when the first 9 people are just intantly suspeneded, yea that reveiw was pretty good as it covered most of what gears 2 is, its gears one part two rather than a whole new game.

w00t. I loved it too.

lol, loved this game, but as usual. yahtzee has managed to pinpoint all the things that ARE bad about it, especially the AI; seriously, the number of time's I've bled out while Dom happily stands on my head is ridiculous.

Lucane:
I wondered why he did the voice in the last one thought he might of lost a bet or something clearing not the case.

You are thick.

Wee, in before the second page.

Too bad he never did GoW 1; would've been fun for comparisons sake...

I love how the stupid AI is always made fun of, and it's done in the most hilarious way.
"... the frustrating kind of dodgy, where they fail to notice that your lungs are poking out of your ears, so you have to crawl over to where they're hiding and then they run away because a sparrow farted next to their head and then you die and have to start the encounter all over again..."
After I saw the sparrow saying "sorry" I laughed for about 3 minutes. xD

Will smith? wth xD

I like gears and gears 2 for the shear good gameplay. The story dose not mather as long as you can chainsaw som random creature in two to show of your awsome manlyness.

Wow, Yahtzee actually liked it...very true with the whole "Chest high walls" part, I never thought about it like that.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here