Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

i reely like zero punctuation shit for it is funny and original. I don't understand why yahtzee doesn't rule the world with his sadistic critising fist. Any who disagree with me can jump off a bridge before being melted into butter.

iateurpie:
i reely like zero punctuation shit for it is funny and original. I don't understand why yahtzee doesn't rule the world with his sadistic critising fist. Any who disagree with me can jump off a bridge before being melted into butter.

any other great opinions on the actual game review?
(Does grammar and spelling exist anywhere in that parapgraph of yours?)

Gears of War 2 is a great game it is one of those games where it is a good improvement on the last (and thank god there was no Halo 2 kind of endings) Thank god the campaign was longer I rented Gears of War 1 and beat it way to quickly on Hardcore.

Hopefully Gears of War 3 will top the lot.

i never rly liked gears of war. the first one of just to dark to see anything. i couldn't see where i was going. i kept on getting stuck on various bits of crap

to be honest from what you've spoken of hasnt swayed me in how i see this game, i admit it looks good.. but so do many other things, and they can turn out bad... so im still deciding to avoid Gears 2 like the plague until a free play opportuniy arrises and i can make my decision then.

Auron555:

ssgt splatter:

Auron555:
Awww, my chin isn't NEARLY big enough to play this game...
Guess I'll wait and see for the third one.

dude, why do you want to wait til the 3rd one, even though it is enevitable, you still got to play it.

...joke?

yeah sure

I love the chest high wall joke

Too me I love gears 1 and I read the book and I played this game and I love the storyline in this game its much deeper than you think. Halo's story was good as well but not as good as Gears of war

I love characters in the game like dom,marcus,baird and carmine and cole but my favorite out of all of them is baird. I love his sarcastic humor

Yahtzee, please make a t-shirt that says CHEST HIGH WALLS are for lovers.

thank you Yahtzee for making Wednesday bearable.
(the Simon Cowell feature will be implemented in Gears of War 3)

i like gears 2 and apparently judging on how he said "good" we know what yahtzee likes

Great review Yahtzee! And I agree that science facility level was really needless. it didn't really tie in with the rest of the plot at all.

Well you've heard it here, Gears2 is actually good. And don't get on me about what Yahtzee said at the beginning with the "Oh, wait there is a QTE. A little one I guess I have to hate it now!" bit because you and I both know that if he isn't bashing a game he essentially has no show. A lesson that Yahtzee admited he learned after his review of Psychonauts, and during his one of Portal.

That may have been a problem with your monitor, or whatever the hell you played it on, cause it wasn't that dark for me.

KingPiccolOwned:
That may have been a problem with your monitor, or whatever the hell you played it on, cause it wasn't that dark for me.

Yeah it was brown.

Yahtzee proved something to me in this review. That he can actually like a game despite its popularity. I was starting to think that he wouldn't allow himself to like it.
Thanks for proving me wrong Yahtzee!

What does that even mean?

all you hide behind are cheast high walls
and its soo manly

Clairaudient:

keyper159:
cool new video but why are so many people banned for those posts??

They posted their "lolllzlz I LOVE YTAHAZEEE" before they could have even finished watching the actual video. The video was up around noon, lasted 5 minutes and there's people commenting on it by 12:01

Do some people feel the need to be like that?
And yeah usual funny stuff and I wish next time he reviews something more niche instead of mainstream.

i actualy bought the game after i saw the review thingy, and i agreed pretty much with it being mainstream but good :D (oki he didnt quite say good but still) the only thing is that i reacted when there actually were machines to make chest hide walls appear out of the floor. i was like okay there are a lot of walls for cover but hey fuck it i get to kill stuff with a chainsaw.... and then i saw it and was like wait what??? you gotta be shitting me -.- its a good game but the covers got overhand xD

Sounded like a bad Austwalian accent to me. I think I saw enough with Gears 1 and thanks to the internets, I now know the plot of Gears 2 is all about "WHERE'S ME WOIF?!" So thanks internets, I'll just keep the dosh for KZ2 and RE5.

lol funny and most of it is all true....all your videos are funny...get up the good work...

Funny and true as always, good job Yahtzee. Keep up the good work.

Another great video. Try doing 2 a week!

Didn't see the tripple cunted hooker bit coming. Lol old jokes. I also wondered what was up with the locust walls, but I figured them to be part of some sort of arena myself.

Nice very review by Yahtzee. He made some good points and a lot of valid cons about the game. I personally enjoed Gears of War 2 (although I hadn't had time to finish the campaign). I hope he does a Little Big Planet review. I recently got a Playstation 3 and I've been playing the crap out of MGS 4 and LBP.

orannis62:

Odoylerules360:

And it's good to see people getting banned for commenting before they watch the video.

Not really. We were finally getting the number of ZP banees down, I was thinking maybe the trolls learned their lessons. Oh well.

I'm guessing the number of ZP bannee's corrolate to the games target demographic, i.e. for GoW its beer drinking frat boys (frat boys that are 14 years old), I think the PoP one hardly had any bans, maybe due to the chilled out nature of people who are avid PoP fans.

My favourite ZP in a while, maybe because Will Smith was in it?

I'm pretty sure you're gonna have allot of idiots taking this review the wrong way, seeing as you obviously hate what the game stands for but in the end it was a fun game to play. I'm sure it's going to be the GTA4 thing again, confusing some of your watchers to whether or not you liked the game or not.

Luckily I actually have a brain and shit and don't need a simple score to tell me the value of a complex opinion.

Okay ZP, but what about the game's overriding problem - that it's GAY? And I don't mean 'gay' in the sense that youngsters use the phrase, meaning generally lame or bad. I mean it's GAY in the sense that the characters are so homosexual and so conflicted about it that they pretend to be manly men so hard that they somehow go through the macho event horizon and emerge out of the other side of the black hole in an alternative-lifestyle universe dressed like burly tranny hookers (or at least that's how it seems).

Oh, and if you're going to start liking the games you review, what's to separate you from all the other reviewers? I can find praise for games anywhere. I come to ZP for the loathing. Get it back.

Gears of War is a spectator sport, I don't care how fun it is to play this game; it's great fun to watch somebody play it... so long as you don't risk a punch to the face when you make fun of it. Seriously though, the manliness is so thick it's a satire of itself.

I don't think the fans will be confused by this review though, because he makes the point very clear that he doesn't know if he likes or hates this game. It's fun, but so manly that- Wait, is that a quicktime event?! Yes it is! Hate powers activate!

I loved the part about the South African accent in the end ^^
This is one of my favourite episodes (?) of ZP, loved the return of the triple cunted whore.

The "Quick Time Event" he talks about, isn't even a quick time event, you don't press any other button but B, and you know when it is coming any time.

DAssassin__D:
The "Quick Time Event" he talks about, isn't even a quick time event, you don't press any other button but B, and you know when it is coming any time.

Yeah, and you don't even have to do it. You just reload a bit slower and deal a bit less damage, that's all.

..... un ben... you kinda dropped the ball on this one. Gears of war tells a story but doesn't always throw it in your face. You go to the secret base because THATS WHERE THE LOCUSTS CAME FROM... their not aliens, their genetically engineered and lead by a human... as for the health thing... play on not easy... like perhaps insane, AND play with a friend....... most of your reviews are awesome but if you can so blatantly say the story sucked when you just didn't quite get it... People that got into this game probably got teary-eyed when they find doms wife. i bet you laughed, which is fine but sometimes leads to things like this

This review sums up my reaction to the franchise pretty well. Gears is like a Lexus -- unengaging in the areas I care most about, but impossible to really dislike because it's so good at what it does.

This was a good one, I loved the mini rant on chest high walls.

I just found something extremely ironic.

Remember the ZP awards review a little back, and how the last category was for games he hadn't reviewed yet?

Note that while he says any of them could surprise him, his character gets the scare from the only game of the three that he actually had an overall positive attitude to: Gears of War 2.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here