Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

hey whats up im new to escapist but i think ur fucking funny as hell man add me to msn messenger man my email is pvt.eric@hotmail.com

DEADLY ERIC:
hey whats up im new to escapist but i think ur fucking funny as hell man add me to msn messenger man my email is pvt.eric@hotmail.com

Welcome. Now that that's out of the way where to begin? First, use correct spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar while on the Escapist forums. It annoys people to death and physically hurts the mods. Yahtzee doesn't get on the forums here much, and to be brutally honest he sure as hell won't add your MSN account. Keep in mind that all posts should have a purpose and should contribute something to the discussion. We are not, I repeat, not like those idiots on Youtube, 4Chan, or any one of the numerous other sites with forums and boards populated by the jackasses of the world.

P.S. Enjoy your stay.

Abedeus:

DAssassin__D:
The "Quick Time Event" he talks about, isn't even a quick time event, you don't press any other button but B, and you know when it is coming any time.

Yeah, and you don't even have to do it. You just reload a bit slower and deal a bit less damage, that's all.

He was talking about the chainsaw duels, but you clearly aren't MANLY ENOUGH to carry a Lancer or you'd know that. Although I'd question whether you necessarily know it's going to happen.

And Yahtzee was certainly right about the research lab section. First it's full of Wretches, which aren't exactly scary when it promptly hands you a flamethrower, and then there's the experiments themselves. It's hard to be immersed in the survival-horror atmosphere when you're the one with the chainsaw:

"IT'S A HUGE HORRIBLE THING!!!"
bzzzzzzzzzzCHOPCHOPCHOPBLAAAAARRRRRGH
"Ew, I got bits on me"

Those things ought to fight back the same way as Lancer-armed opponents would.

That said, I've been playing it entirely co-op, and it's certainly hit the spot better than the first game did. here's to hoping that GoW3 continues the trend.

Hilarious as most of the time. :D There needs to be a "chest high walls" T-Shirt, with two sections of brick or rock colored over the breast [both male and female] regions. ;)

sleekie:
[quote="Abedeus" post="6.85680.1286165"][quote="DAssassin__D" post="6.85680.1284606"]Snip

Thank you for correcting me. Haven't played GoW 2, as I do not have a Xbox, and none of my friends with one have GoW 2.

I thought he was talking about the fast reload.

What the hell is with the ad? Are you kidding?

ultimatechance:

tobyornottoby:

ultimatechance:
hahahaha, chest high walls and the shawshank references were the best. (Edit: Did no one else really get the shawshank reference?)

Nope I thought SR was one of those fabled 'gender-neutral' movies (so not just for girls, or is that the joke? <.<)

lol, i dont get it. Its about a man who struggles to survive in prison, so i dont see how thats for girls whatsoever. But the reference goes perfectly with the whole "happy ending" topic that Yahtzee was talking about.

late reply, but thanks to the female voters for example, it tops Godfather in lists like these:
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0111161
=)

Loved the review, the last couple of reviews after the Sonic bashing had been going a bit down hill. But this one was epic, lots of funny speech bubbles that you can miss the first time around and a review of a game that I can relate too. It makes me want to go back and play the game again.

I just have to say one thing, this game is a good example of "If you think Normal is too easy, crank up the difficulty."

On Hardcore, Bloodmounts become a serious, one shotting threat, and on Insane, any explosion or four bullets from a Hammerburst end Marcus' life, and there's no "crawl to teammate to revive" unless you're playing co-op. IMO, Normal and Casual were redesigned for GoW2 (relative to the first) to shore up the relative difficulty of co-op and single player, by allowing you to go Down Not Out without having someone on another controller somewhere.

Also, when you go DNO without grenades in your hand, spamming right trigger (puts up your hand and calls for help) seems to get some of the bats out of the cogs in the AI's head. Just don't do it around locust, they might decide to execute you. Also, complaining about the AI not reviving you when you go DNO is a bit weak, imo. You screwed up, and under Hardcore+ difficulty rules, you'd be dead anyways. :)

I think that the bit with the research base was to set up some story in the third game. I went into this knowing Epic planned a trilogy for the series, though, so I was willing to give it some leeway in that regard.

I wonder what difficulty he had it on if he could just walk up to them and chainsaw them. If he tried that insane, I bet it would be a different story.

ZP

always classic

Finally someone takes down gears of war! Thank you Yhatzee!

Dude wheres my companion cube:
Finally someone takes down gears of war! Thank you Yhatzee!

Did you actually watch the review? He didn't say it was a bad game...

Awesome review, although after listening to the way you reviewed it, I have to ask if you played it on Insane? It's then you truly see how much of a bitch the game is and how challenging it is, all thanks to the emotional retard Dom, who rather would carry his dead wife's corpse to a grave on a nice hill instead of fighting, or thinking. But it is actually sometimes a good thing that Dom lacks a brain, cause shooters become so good when you fight for yourself, instead of relying on some dipshits.

I thought it was 1 of the funiest yatzee interviews yet because gears 2 is got so many problems but it is a good game

i love the chainstaff...let us use the chainstaff

i hope, no demand, we get to fight the lambent locust in gears 3. if we don't i will KILL epic games

ok rain check it seems like on ZP videos i've already replyed on are still counting toward my post count

and it is

sorry i'll stop this now

yahtzee the simon cowel of the vid game industry , if he didn't rant he'd snap and probably go postal lol great guy with lots of insight that the game developers should shut up and listen ( I'M TALK' N TO YOU EA ) yes he makes me chuckle

...Wait, did Yahtzee just call Gears a good game? This makes me question all that I had thought was fact about yahtzee.

I know the GoW story, and I agree with Yahtzee, will Dom please stop nagging about his "cunt wife" as if it would help to nag. Accept the fact, it's impossible to save someone who's been missing for 15 fucking years in the underground! What would he expect, that they had her over for tea, and discussed their problems, with the only words they can say are words like "Grind!", "Attack", and "BOOM!".

P.S Who is Cliffy B (if I heard right) that Yahtzee's mentioned a number of times, and claims is not a sexy man? And why is he carrying a Lancer?

crazyhaircut94:

P.S Who is Cliffy B (if I heard right) that Yahtzee's mentioned a number of times, and claims is not a sexy man? And why is he carrying a Lancer?

You're kidding right? He's the fecking game designer.

I'm new here. Well not really, I've been watching these review for years, but never thought to register.

To me GOW2 is not as good as the first one. Dom is as DUMB as ever and the part about how your teammate (mainly DOM) just runs away when you are trying to get revived is dead on. Cole and Baird are usually good about reviving but DUMB ASS Dom is another story. And if Dom wasn't useless enough as it is, wait until he gets his hands on long shot (sniper rifle)...nothing but frustration! I beat this game once and haven't played it since.

Machines Are Us:

crazyhaircut94:

You're kidding right? He's the fecking game designer.

Sorry for my stupidity, but I'm not a part of Team Retard (although I will hit my head in the wall for not knowing, so soon maybe). I love the games, but I've never cared to check who designed it.

Heh, I've always liked the Zero Punctuation reviews, but in this one, I lost it.

"fnarr fnarr"

God I laughed.

"no quick time events, oh wait there's one. SO I HAVE TO HATE IT!"

agreed.

Are they actually making a Gears 3?

Did Hourences design for this one? Cliffy's great, but eh ...

Great review, I too enjoyed some of the game-play and disliked the irritating cover system the supposably make the game.

i liked his point about there being chest-high walls it seems there everywhere at least they could do is make a level where there is none

WHO WANTS TOAST?
well anyway LOL with the cry me a river.

Yeah it's is nice to see him giving a game some good will, but a game as bad as gears of war 2????? maybe it is because I am (trying to be modest here) very good at gears 1 and i like that one because the game play is so much faster and more balanced, and the standed of gears 1 players is so high. still if you just play gears 1 a bit gears 2 might seem good.

OMG Gears 2 is better except for the cliffhanger
LOL
still di amyone get the Cry Me A River refrence,
the boat was on the ground then e showed doms wife and dom
Cried Marcus A River

Chest high walls... Priceless

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: