Game Theory: Fart Rocket Physics with the Wario Waft

Fart Rocket Physics with the Wario Waft

Can a fart propel you upward? Wario's deadliest weapon is his passed gas and in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Wario Waft deals out huge damage while giving our heavyset antihero a HUGE vertical recovery. So just how intense would this rocket fuel fart actually be? Game Theory takes on rocket science to find out whether a fart can actually send a person flying through the air!

Watch Video

Good Episode but I believe that the scaling is flawed. Smash is just too inconsistent with it's character sizes for a proper measurement.

contla:
Good Episode but I believe that the scaling is flawed. Smash is just too inconsistent with it's character sizes for a proper measurement.

Yeah, when they calculate the height in general in these episodes I always facepalm.

Wario being 10 feet? Come on now.

daxterx2005:

contla:

Yeah, when they calculate the height in general in these episodes I always facepalm.

Wario being 10 feet? Come on now.

It goes far beyond just "Flawed." In the video they quoted: How Fast Is Sonic The Hedgehog they used a previous video in which they found Princess Peach to be 5'11 and derived Small Mario to be 4'8 tall. The claim to the same width can be ignored as that is from hand to hand which would be affected by stance.

So the claim of Mario being 9 feet tall would have to be the assumption that Big Mario is twice as tall as Small Mario. Yet finding Mario's height isn't needed for this since we were using a Nintendo Printed Character Chart and comparing sizes to find Wario's height and we already knew the size of Princess Peach.

Using Princess Peach would be more accurate since the height of Mario was derived from comparing to Peach and at no point in any material I am aware of is Big Mario or Wario close to twice the size of the Princess herself. Captain Falcon was also an alternative reference for the size of the blocks in the stage itself since Nintendo has printed character bios for the F-Zero pilots and being an official value it would have been far more accurate.

We should also be taking into account even basic measurements for body composition. If Wario was 10 feet tall and weighed only 300 pounds then he would have been a stick figure and not have the plump full body he is known for.

What it comes down to is that I doubt Wario is much more than 5 feet tall, let alone 10. The change in that height changes their entire sense of scale which dramatically affects the result of the formula.

As amusing Game Theory is for entertainment value they have a habit of ignoring information (such as incineration was also the method of death for the AIs in the Portal Universe) for the purpose of making sensationalist statements.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)