Uncivil War: Mount Your Friends - Jim and Yahtzee Get Physical

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mount Your Friends - Jim and Yahtzee Get Physical

Who can build the greatest human pyramid?

Watch Video

I wonder if this is what they do to unwind after getting all worked up over Adblock and female representation and the game of the week. Just throwing dumb zingers at each other seems like a good way to destress.

That's some, definite jiggle physics in the game that featured in the challenge.

Go #teamYahtzee, errgh, I used a hashtag.

Well that was something.
A 14 minutes video of cocks, sweat, a sore-losing Yahtzee, and a cocky Jim.
Loved the ending, that sure gave it to Jim. The return of the Yahtzee is imminent!

Next week we'll hear how Jim will kick his arse more, and Yahtzee calling Jim fat some more.
Both equally awesome an entertaining. Enjoying the series gents!

A couple ideas you could do in Saints Row IV:
*Pedestrian baseball: one of you takes a human shield and throws them at the other, who has to deflect them with the bat
*Pedestrian skeet shooting: one of you throws a pedestrian, the other has to kill them before they hit the ground.
*Pedestrian tennis: grab somebody with TK and throw them back and forth. When one of you misses the catch, the other gets a point.
*Pedestrian basketball: there are a couple billboards around the city with holes in them. Pick a billboard and see who can throw the most pedestrians through it in a set amount of time.
*Vehicle soccer: pick a car or bike, place it in the middle of a stretch of road, and each of you tries to get it through one of the intersections using only melee attacks.
*Vehicle curling: Each of you gets one sidewalk along a stretch of road. Whoever can make more cars skid across your sidewalk using only freeze blast wins.

Awesome. When I saw Jim's Youtube playthrough of this, my first thought was "they should totally do this for Uncivil War". Looks like he had the same idea.

Also, nice to see Yahtzee being *cough* gracious and *cough cough* humble in victory.

Every time I hear Yahtzee's voice in these, he sounds do goddamn bored.

Maybe I've been watching too much Zero Punctuation, but these challenges, his voice says to me, "Please make this end. Jesusfuckingchrist I don't want to do this."

And then I hear that's his normal voice.

Score one for Yahtzee! Let's see if he can score a tiebreaker in next week's episode.

If only Timesplitters future perfect was on PC, then we could have a challenge as to who can get the most kills with bricks as the only weapon. Or the injection gun.

A 5 star survival in GTA is my suggestion

Aw yeah, good day to be on Team Yahtzee *waves flag*. I didn't predict his expertise would be guiding naked men with flappy cocks onto other naked men with flappy cocks, but I'll take it.

On a side note, searching Sam Neill on Youtube is an instant portal to those dark places of the internet that few dare tread. Do not venture forth, do not attempt to follow. And whatever you do, do not make contact!

This was definitely better than the last two. You guys should try to stick to games where you can see what the other's doing. It makes it easier to make fun of each other.

And oh shit, those waggly penis jiggle physics.

Those jiggle physics, I think I know to be prepared for future episodes of this show.

This is my favourite episode. Not just of UnCivil War, but of everything ever.

BeerTent:

Maybe I've been watching too much Zero Punctuation, but these challenges, his voice says to me, "Please make this end. Jesusfuckingchrist I don't want to do this."

You should look up his Youtube podcast/let's play "Let's drown out...", he does it with a friend of his, it's quite fun and yes, that's his normal voice...

Well, if I wasn't shipping Jim/Yahtzee before, I sure as hell am after that closing.

Great to see Yahtzee on the scoreboard!

If you're looking for other ideas, I've got two:

Prop Hunt - A gamemode mod for Garry's Mod, the idea behind Prop Hunt is that the red team turns into props and then "hide in plain sight" while the blue team hunts them down and then kill them within the time limit. If the red team survives the time limit or the blue team dies from enough wrong guesses, they get a point. But if the blue team kills the red team before time is up, they get a point. It's rather straight-forward and you can get some memorable events out of it.

Screencheat - This recently released on Steam, and the idea is that you're playing a first-person deathmatch in the style of an old-school four-player splitscreen mode. However, there's a twist: You can't see the other players on your screen! You've got to use their views to figure out where they are, and they'll be doing the same with your screen.

Here's the links to both:

Prop Hunt: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=135509255

Screencheat: http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/ (yeah, it's in early access)

Solo Melee Only round of Killing Floor!

Another awesome episode, and I am REALLY liking this series so far!

Jandau:

BeerTent:

You should look up his Youtube podcast/let's play "Let's drown out...", he does it with a friend of his, it's quite fun and yes, that's his normal voice...

More fun is his calm voice, because he sounds like he's trying to pull one over on his friend.

OT: Go Yahtzee, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have even remained on this site when URealms left. Sorry Jim, my sweaty cock is for one man alone.

infantile with tremendous desperation they dig for the humor with all their might... still somehow entertaining though.

The first time I saw Jim's hands-on look at the game on Youtube, I thought his characters were supposed to look like the Hulk, at least until I noticed the fishbowl. I assume Yahtzee set his own preferences and didn't at all choose a default selection.

Wow I needed to verify my age for "Mass Effect 3 - A Gay Erotic Gay Love Story" but not for this?! Clearly progress is being made! Love this series so much, can't wait for more. Enjoy that chair Jim, you... sort of earned it?

I remember when Two Best Friends Play covered this game in their most recent Xbox Live Indie Games episode. It was the one token halfway-decent game. Doesn't surprise me that it's ended up on Steam.

Dr.Awkward:
Great to see Yahtzee on the scoreboard!

If you're looking for other ideas, I've got two:

Prop Hunt - A gamemode mod for Garry's Mod, the idea behind Prop Hunt is that the red team turns into props and then "hide in plain sight" while the blue team hunts them down and then kill them within the time limit. If the red team survives the time limit or the blue team dies from enough wrong guesses, they get a point. But if the blue team kills the red team before time is up, they get a point. It's rather straight-forward and you can get some memorable events out of it.

I can't imagine prop hunt being any fun 1 on 1, too many places to hide; I'd rather watch them play the elevator mode, see what challenge they can come up with.

Huzzah! Yahtzee won his first round! With epic trash talk to boot! My favorite one was "Ooh, look at those nerds reading and knowing about comic books. I'm going to lift weights at them! Mmph! Mmph! Mmph!" And I'm glad I didn't notice this game's "jiggle physics".

BeerTent:

That, and also keep in mind that not only he's a prime example of that british stoic stiff upper lip, he's actually playing it of in contrast to Jim Sterling.

They do make a fine team, though, and this is one of the weirdest things I saw all week.

I reeeeeeeeeally don't want to know about your sweaty cocks. X
Also congratulations Yatzee!

Soooooo the moral of the story is that "To the victor go the sweaty cocks"? Got it.

As for a suggested challenge, this game is more fun than a goat full of sweaty swinging helicopter cocks:

http://www.starwhal.com/

For a competitive game involving stacking naked men on top of each other/a meditating goat on a pole, this was oddly tense.

I wish Jim could sit in with Yahtzee in his "Let's Drown Out..." series.

If you guys want to hear Yahtzee's facade crack to the point he laughs so hard he cries, then check out this link
http://youtu.be/aAG32E0BunQ?t=27m3s

Game suggestion.

McPixel

Challenge
Who can complete (as in simply win) most levels in a set amount of time (10-15 minutes)

The game itself:
McPixel is a pixel art point and click adventure game very much in the old style of bizarre puzzles that make little sense. The twist being each level is only 30 seconds long before you lose. When you lose on a level you move onto the next in a set and eventually cycle back through those you haven't completed (meaning you can't simply skip a level in the end). Each level has a very simple objective for you as McPixel, save the day, that's it.

The game is packed with sometimes rude, sometimes crude humour such as fart jokes, bodily functions and the old classic of kicking people in the balls.

I believe this would fit well into uncivil war because it would present plenty of random humour and moments of rage to springboard off. It might play slightly more to Yahtzees own abilities due to his experience with point and click games. However I believe the humour would appeal to both Yahtzee and Jim with it's mix of Bottom esc violent slapstick and it's more crude fart and bodily function jokes.

Along with a very Wario Ware esc feel but as a PC game

Training / practice option
Use chapter 1 of the story mode to practice then do the contest in Chapter 2.
Each chapter has 3 sets, each set has 6 levels. The average time to complete a full chapter is 20-30 minutes so you'll be in no danger of running out of levels.

Wildcard: If by some witchcraft someone manages to finish all the levels in a set without failing once they get access to a bonus level which could give them another level cleared or could just cost them more time, it's a 1 shot bonus thats hard to get and even harder to take advantage of.

The whole show is a joy to watch. But those end bits always kill me. xD

Saw Jim playing this game one his YouTube show. Very odd game, but it looks kind of fun too.

Good pick for a "normal" challenge. xD Well done Yahtzee! Jim, it's up to you to not let him catch up!

=w= b (<-Thumbs up face)

You have done well, and I am amused. Enjoy my hardy kudos and heartfelt thanks for granting us this gift of two grown men talking about sweaty cocks.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here