Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Glitches - When A Game Breaking Is A Good Thing

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Glitches - When A Game Breaking Is A Good Thing

Sometimes when a game breaks, it's hilarious. Lisa's here with the best 5 bugs to ever make it through beta testing.

Watch Video

Well there have been games recently based on being glitchy. Goat Simulator comes to mind. So the art of glitch is pretty well recognized these days.

I really want to finish the video, but I can't stop re-watching the tilted-cartridge Lisa spinning. I think a .gif is required.

I like the Fallout 3 glitch where you have giblets just hanging in the air for no reason.

Well I suppose this sort of explains one part of Desert Bus.

This only seems appropriate: http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_990_the-22-most-horrifying-video-game-glitches/
WARNING: .gif heavy

I found the use of music with the videos to make it even funnier. Great episode

tangoprime:
I really want to finish the video, but I can't stop re-watching the tilted-cartridge Lisa spinning. I think a .gif is required.

...to the tune of the "geddan" song. Make it happen, peeps!

I swear, the last one had me referencing MST3K in my head with Tom going "Why? Why did they cancel 'Manimal'? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

I like the Skyrim rocket launch glitch. Get killed by a giant and your body goes flying into the air like you're trying to escape the planet.

The Shaune Glitch from Heavy Rain is hilarious.

BEWARE SPOILERS

So, by all accounts, the only thing Colonial Marines did right was a shout-out to Mel Brooks?

I think my favorite glitch (not sure if it was really a glitch, just something the programmers didn't bother to fix because players weren't supposed to do it) was in Jedi Outcast. If you used the no clipping cheat to move outside the designated map, you ended up against a black backdrop. When you moved and turned in this void, Kyle would leave persistent images of himself behind.

I really liked to use that cheat at the beginning of the Imperial starship level.

[double-post]

I thought Atlas was Irish? Was that a joke too saying he was Scottish?

Anyone remember the old Dark Souls glitch where if you shoot the Dragon on the bridge with one arrow by standing atop a tower, it kills him in one hit? When I first experienced that, I thought it was absolutely hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing because it was like he paused in the midair and fell down the cliff side in a death like animation, like he had no idea what to do...It was like, death by freak out that someone shot him in the back with an arrow. It was also the same where I got the Drake Sword by shooting off his tail...ya....that Dragon didn't have a good day.

Andy Shandy:
Well I suppose this sort of explains one part of Desert Bus.

I was dying laughing during that even without getting the joke with the music.

That #1 choice was the funniest one to me. Donkey lady- I could totally see myself riding on her as I go to stop a wagon on the run with criminals on it. Be absolutely worthy to try and do of course.

Atlas is CLEARLY Irish

My problem with a lot of glitches is there aren't really glitches. They aren't active things that happen. You have to mod your game settings to specifically get something to happen. They're not base code glitches or errors. They're manual overrides or purposefully glitch inducing mods, and to me that's not a glitch. That's just a stupid mod.
Or the Golden eye 'glitch'. THAT'S NOT A GLITCH! That's abusing the game cartridge and the 64 not programmed how to respond. Its the equivalent of hitting a light switch and saying the light-bulbs are glitching.
Come on, Lisa! You can do better!

so now, you're going to say Atlas was Scottish. How very... Andy Kaufman of you.

In RDR I actually encountered the manimals in the form of a flock of people/birds. It was before I saw any of this on the internet. I was both amused and terrified.

"...but it's not that funny so it doesn't make the list suck itttt..."

Yeah, that got a laugh.

tangoprime:

Right you are, and here it is in all its hilarious glory, pretty big too, and empty in case you wanted to add some text.

I don't know why Bethesda games are so glitch heavy. It's like we half-expect them to have glitches, and they happily oblige. So they're not bugs, they're features!

One of the most cathartic glitches is watching aliens die by explosives in X-COM:Enemy Unknown. Some get hurled unreal distances when they suffer fatal damage by rockets/grenades and in many cases is quite satisfying to watch.

The New Austin State of Dr. Moreau. Unpleasant, if you ask me :(

Not as fun, but there was a Glitch in Halo 1 where some of the weapons would spin through the wall.
LOUDLY.

No Missingno? Bah. Easily one of the most notable glitches, alongside that one WoW one where everyone was spreading a disease.

My best Skyrim glitch so far is when I punched a polar bear into the ceiling of a cavern.

I hit him once with my dagger and he just flew up until only it's paws were visible. Had to shout him out of there to finish the fight.

You criticized Ayumi Hamasaki. Brace yourself for her crazy fans.

I like the door+corpse glitches in Bethesda games. Happens when you kill something and after they ragdoll and they are partialy embedded in a door they stick to them when you open and close the door. Like when I killed a draugr and it got stuck on a gate and looked like the gate impaled him.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/57940/

I never knew most of those - I'm crying with laughter at Donkey Lady and the Dancing Alien though :D

One of my favourite Skyrim glitches was laucnhing dragon skeletons into the air. For some reason once they were dead, they were absolutely weightless. A high power spell would launch them into space.

I think a really funny glitch is Sonic's space kick from Sonic '06. In that game's hub world you could get on top of a box and do the kick move, making the box with Sonic on top of it fly up into the air. If you keep on kicking you can just keep going higher and higher until you exit the skybox and fly into the blackness of outer space.

Darth_Payn:
I don't know why Bethesda games are so glitch heavy. It's like we half-expect them to have glitches, and they happily oblige. So they're not bugs, they're features!

If its absolutly hilerious and not gamebreaking chances are they'll keep it in, case in point:

kailus13:
I like the Skyrim rocket launch glitch. Get killed by a giant and your body goes flying into the air like you're trying to escape the planet.

Darth_Payn:

It's not Bethesda's fault, even though I too routinely mock them by name, it's Zenimax. They made the engine the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games are made with. The engine has numerous legacy bugs. Seriously, they should consider switching the games to a more stable engine, like Unreal.

No Corrupted Blood incident?

That even made actual news outlets back in 2005 when gaming didn't really get any coverage in "traditional" media.

Atlas is Irish Lisa, sorry to dissapoint

I'll take ANYTHING over Gangnam Style.

Also, does anyone know if the 'Manimal' - glitch made it into 'Undead Nightmare'? There, it would actually fit in nicely with the rest of the weirdness!

templar1138a:
So, by all accounts, the only thing Colonial Marines did right was a shout-out to Mel Brooks?

I think my favorite glitch (not sure if it was really a glitch, just something the programmers didn't bother to fix because players weren't supposed to do it) was in Jedi Outcast. If you used the no clipping cheat to move outside the designated map, you ended up against a black backdrop. When you moved and turned in this void, Kyle would leave persistent images of himself behind.

I really liked to use that cheat at the beginning of the Imperial starship level.

That's a quirk of the Quake 3 engine in general, when something is not rendered (like no-clipping through a level), it does exactly what you said, a persistant image of your weapons and such.

OT: That Goldeneye glitch had me in stitches, I didn't knew such a thing existed! :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here