A CRITICAL MISS!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

A CRITICAL MISS!

We dodged a bullet there.

Read Full Article

I can't believe you'd complain about your widdle hurt feewings when there's a billion jillion dead children in Gaza. Learn some compassion, you monsters.

Who cares what Chucklefuck thinks, he has a Nickleback avatar.

Nobody likes those cunts.

It is amazing to me how thoroughly people did not get the joke last time.

Even without the context involving JonTron, it was plainly obvious.

That goose does not look pleased

Also I have no idea how some people completely missed point of last comic.

Cory used to have a red streak in his hair? Awesome!

I guess I should just escape... ist...

I'm not very good at this.

To be fair, Chucklefuck is one of the site's wittiest users, you just couldn't have seen that one coming.

Tempted to make a "Literally Hitler" account now.

Ninjamedic:

And then get banned immediately for low-content post.

Daystar Clarion:
Who cares what Chucklefuck thinks, he has a Nickleback avatar.

Nobody likes those cunts.

:O

You used the c-word! I'm telling Tumblr on you!

*runs away*

So The Escapist's content approval team is Walter White, a goose, and some random guy to balance it all out? I like it.

Well, now that you mention it, the last couple comics weren't very humorous or otherwise enlightening.

Ninjamedic:

As an accompanying gimmick account, someone should make "Literal Hitler", who does not understand sarcasm, metaphor, or allegory.

But seriously, what's up with the stupid haircuts? You two look like viking hipsters.

RA92:

So a short sentence that consisely conveys my reaction and thought on a webcomic, posted in the thread specifically for comments and thoughts on it is "low content"?

EDIT: Actually, I may have misinterpreted what you meant there. Sorry about that.

Ninjamedic:

RA92:

So a short sentence that consisely conveys my reaction and thought on a webcomic, posted in the thread specifically for comments and thoughts on it is "low content"?

Oh no, I was referring to Literally Hitler's response in the comic strip itself. In case you wanted to stay in character.

TKretts3:
So The Escapist's content approval team is Walter White, a goose, and some random guy to balance it all out? I like it.

actually i believe Walter White is supposed to be Russ Pitts former editor in chief while random dude would be Greg Tito current EiC. I have no idea who the goose is suppose to be though.

More Erin. Less you.

Cory's quite good at drawing crying people. dat snot xD

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that I am, in fact, Literally Hitler.

This is amazing.

So, a goose works at The Escapist? Who is this goose?

puff ball:

TKretts3:

actually i believe Walter White is supposed to be Russ Pitts former editor in chief while random dude would be Greg Tito current EiC. I have no idea who the goose is suppose to be though.

Susan Arendt?

Yeah, good thing. Because it-it would've been...would've been pretty, uh...crappy. Toilet humor.

Great potential for t-shirts, though.

UberPubert:

Ninjamedic:

As an accompanying gimmick account, someone should make "Literal Hitler", who does not understand sarcasm, metaphor, or allegory.

And believes in the superiority of commas and so wants to exterminate all semi-colons?

Anyway... this comic is such a blatant attempt to pretend like they noticed all the potential meanings of 'Critical Miss' rather than simply saying "Hey, you know how in roleplaying you can roll a critical miss? That's be a cool name for a comic! Now all we need is a female gamer protagonist so we're not going full Penny Arcade all the time.

No wonder your first webcomic wasn't accepted, I don't think the mythbusters and a duck are into publishing.

I like how I can't name either of the other two escapist peeps but instantly got the Paul Gooseman joke. Audio-only podcast is best podcast!

LostPause:
And believes in the superiority of commas and so wants to exterminate all semi-colons?

Such is the way of a punctuation Nazi.

So you rolled a 1... that's ok, stuff happens. At least you only hurt yourselves... and Chucklefuck... and Literally Hitler.

...so it's a net win overall. Thanks and praise be to the GM.

I'll take my XP bonus now.

IceForce:
So, a goose works at The Escapist? Who is this goose?

Editor (Eddie) McGoose was a friend to all. We don't ...we don't talk about him much anymore.

Growing up with a first name of literally "Editor" makes for a special kind of Goose. His childhood was rough. He truly believed what happened was justified, and we respect his path.

UberPubert:

puff ball:

TKretts3:

Susan Arendt?

She made a claim to that effect on Twitter today, so probably.

People missed the point of the last comic? How? The only way they could have been more in-your-face about it is if they wrote it an a glove and slapped you with it.

Can't tell if this is simple butt-hurt because of recent criticism, or self-deprecating humor because of their poor choice of a Title.

Maybe both.

Regardless, I feel that the strip has pretty well run its course. Most strips these days leave a sour taste in my mouth. The ones not dripping with condescension and bile seem tainted with the stink of smug superiority. Kind of like the 4chan of webcomics. Still love the art style though.

I always thought the "subtitle" of the Critical Miss comics was "You're going to regret hiring us".

Well, even if their choice of comic name was poor, you've got to give them credit for keeping their hairstyles totally in line with contemporary fashion standards.

Krantos:
Can't tell if this is simple butt-hurt because of recent criticism, or self-deprecating humor because of their poor choice of a Title.

Maybe both.

Regardless, I feel that the strip has pretty well run its course. Most strips these days leave a sour taste in my mouth. The ones not dripping with condescension and bile seem tainted with the stink of smug superiority. Kind of like the 4chan of webcomics. Still love the art style though.

Well if you can't tell, then that would be terribly fitting, wouldn't it?

Considering how many people missed the joke in the last strip.

I know a girl called Eileen Bate.

Y'see, that's a twofer because of the Pulp Song Come on....

She is very much someone worth knowing.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or