Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Time Travelers - Back and Back and Back to the Future

Top 5 Time Travelers - Back and Back and Back to the Future

Lisa lists off the best games to get all wibbly-wobbly with time.

Watch Video

A notable omission that should not go unnoticed!
Come on, you all know it, say it with me:
Kain and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series - immortal vampire demigod who saved the world to conquer it himself and his former second in command foster son turned into a soul-sucking wraith. They change history, defy fate and fight wizards and giant squids. It's fucking awesome. Of five games three (Blood Omen, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance) feature time travel as plot points, a bit of time travel occurs in the second game (Soul Reaver) and there is also a place where time and space are kind of fucked in the head in the fourth (Blood Omen 2).

Cortez is the hero the video game industry needs, not what it deserves... seriously I don't want the triple A boogie men getting their smelly, dirty, tear drenched claws on even a tachyon of my beloved Timesplitters... but I feel like he'd be good for the kids.

Chrono Trigger is on my list to play.

I'd have given an honorable mention to Serious Sam, since he is sent back in time at the start of his game (though it doesn't really affect the game after that).

Also, WITCH! BURN THE WITCH!

Okay, the ending? Too adorable. I think I broke something.

No mention of Link from Ocarina of Time or (to a lesser extent) Pepper from Pepper's Adventures in Time? FOR SHAME!!

Also, I'm only a couple years younger than Lisa, but I never played Chrono Trigger or any of those games that are supposedly what it was like to grow up in the nineties. And I will not play them because I dislike isometrics.

Where is Link?! Where is Ocarina of Time?!
Seriously, its considered one of the best, if not THE best game of all time. And its about time travel, and saving the kingdom, and time travel type puzzles where you have to be a kid to do X so you can come back years later as an adult to do Y.
You learn the Song of Storms as an adult, go back in time to a kid, teach it to the man who taught you as an adult so he can teach it to you years later as an adult! Its insane! Its like diving by zero, but on an N64!

Shame on you Lisa!
SHAME!

I thought this might have braid. not really a memorable character but that game is entirely about time manipulation

No Prince of Persia: Sands of Time?
I think there is only the one PoP game... Right?

Craw-no?
I always thought it was Crow-no.

RealRT:
A notable omission that should not go unnoticed!
Come on, you all know it, say it with me:
Kain and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series - immortal vampire demigod who saved the world to conquer it himself and his former second in command foster son turned into a soul-sucking wraith. They change history, defy fate and fight wizards and giant squids. It's fucking awesome. Of five games three (Blood Omen, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance) feature time travel as plot points, a bit of time travel occurs in the second game (Soul Reaver) and there is also a place where time and space are kind of fucked in the head in the fourth (Blood Omen 2).

I agree those were good games. But the time travel started to make stuff REALLY confusing, so I wouldn't put them there.

Seeing Timesplitters cutscenes fills me with so many different feels at once. It got so good...I wonder if we'd be in the same spot today if HAZE didn't happen?

Aww, I thought I was going to be all unique and original by bringing up Link from Ocarina. :(

Ah, I needed some levity an giggles from the day I'm having.

TheAmazingTGIF:
No Prince of Persia: Sands of Time?
I think there is only the one PoP game... Right?

Every Prince of Persia game since Sands of Time involved time travel, except The Forgotten Sands.

A nice surprise to see DOTT, didn't expect that but I thought the BTTF game was terribly average and boring. If Lisa thought it was awesome she mustn't have played enough adventure games or at least the right ones.

I thought for sure when she said Chrono Trigger wasn't #1 that it was because it traveled back in time and somehow became both #2 and #1. I guess I overthink things.

It's time to split!

Ah Timesplitters, seeing Cortez there with Anya made me wax nostalgic for a bit. Thoroughly enjoyed Timesplitters 2, too much really. Beyond that, I only played Chrono so I have no idea of the other games, although I have heard/read people praise Day of the Tentacle, did not realize that had time travel elements to it.

As you guys have already said, real surprise not to see either Kain/Raziel or the Prince from Sands of Time

Hey!

Lisa didn't use time travel at the end of the video...

She used MAGIC!

>:(

Dang it, now I want to play Day of the Tentacle again!

Sorry about the late comment, but not even a passing mention For Max and Monica, the protagonists from Dark Cloud 2 (a.k.a. Dark Chronicle)!?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here