The Most Anticipated Games Coming This Month

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If they can capture the things I liked about Defense Grid in the sequel, I'm there. Also, the tutorial was hard?

"Massive Chalice" was the title of my last erotica novel.

I may be dropping a big poop on this party here, but I am not interested in any of these games. Is this all that's coming for the rest of the year? Oh well, I guess it's back to digging through my game library again for something I haven't played 8 times already.

Dang, class starts a September 22. Wonder how many I can clear before homework starts rolling in.

TheVampwizimp:
I may be dropping a big poop on this party here, but I am not interested in any of these games. Is this all that's coming for the rest of the year? Oh well, I guess it's back to digging through my game library again for something I haven't played 8 times already.

October has a BL:TPS, which is the only game this year I'm still looking forward to.

Have the system requirements for Shadow of Mordor been finalized?

I had no idea they were even making another Gauntlet. The series has been one of my favorites, so I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on that. Shadow of Mordor has interested me since I first caught wind of it, though I may wait 'til the reviews roll in before making my decision. In the meantime, I have too many games in my Steam library that I need to finish.

Gauntlet is the only game in that list that I approve of.

Yeah think I'll skip on Sims 4, just seems like too little actual improvement and more just EA gearing up to flood us with DLC packs.

As much as Shadow of Mordor looks like an AC clone (even down to the way the hero walks, with his little half cloak), it still does look really interesting to me. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about it being in the Tolkien-verse, even if you just set it in the middle of Generic Fantasy Land 27, the game setup seems really cool and fun.

I'll definitely check it out a year after it comes out on steam sale xD

Zachary Amaranth:
Also, the tutorial was hard?

I remember having to look up a walkthrough to get through the original Shogun:Total War tutorial. Waddaya mean I have to charge their spearmen with my archers?

Pyrian:

Zachary Amaranth:
Also, the tutorial was hard?

I remember having to look up a walkthrough to get through the original Shogun:Total War tutorial. Waddaya mean I have to charge their spearmen with my archers?

Well, I mean, I just watched a ProJared video on YouTube yesterday where he died in the tutorial, but I have trouble imagining that as the case for Defense Grid. I thought it explained everything pretty darn well.

What, no Danganronpa 2? For shame :P

You forgot Persona 4 Arena Ultimax! =P Out on September 30th.

Brian Sperduto:
You forgot Persona 4 Arena Ultimax! =P Out on September 30th.

That will probably be the only game I buy in September. So hyped!

Shadows of Mordor does look interesting but I'll probably wait a few months before I consider buying it. Being a WB game it'll have DLC coming out of its arse most likely.

Massive chalice sounds right up my alley but the images are just bowling shoe ugly.

Defence grid 2 will be worth a blast, i doubt my laptop will run gauntlet but destiny looks interesting. I managed to miss the beta though.

It is very easy to use dismissal as a means of erasing any sense that anything has gone wrong.

I'm waiting for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus myself.

Wow Massive Chalice looks pretty impressive, first time hearing of it if I'm honest. Interesting engine, kind of makes me think of Godus meets Dungeon Siege actually. Beautiful music in their videos too!

As a long time fan/addict I really hope the Sims 4 turns out well, most the news I've been hearing about it seems to be a "one step forward, one step back and one to the side" but on the bright side it looks like it'll be far smoother and stable than Sims 3.

TheVampwizimp:

I'm in the same boat. The only game I was excited for this year was Batman Arkham Knight but that had to go and get delayed.

Wouldn't really call the Sims 4 an "Amazing Release," but at some point I'll probably pick it up. It'll be interesting to see how launch goes, since I'm morbidly curious to see if they pull a PvZ: Garden Warfare with it.

Something tells me they will. :(

Massive Chalice is coming out already?

Well, any of this'll be next year, for me (loathe to afford more games this year), but that one flew under my radar.

There is nothing amazing or even remotely interesting about The Sims 4. And dumb EA gave away Sims 2 for free which, by the looks of it, is a superior game in every way except for the graphics. So if you managed to get it while it was free, do yourself a favor and play that instead.

And I don't think I quite understand what Disney Infinity 2.0 is. Can someone explain it to me?

I see no Destiny love. This is sad. The beta was good, if imbalanced, so I really can't wait! ...for the co-op campaign that is, I'm not a big fan of Yet-Another-CTF-But-Now-Gear-Matters multiplayer. Hell, at least you can't get knife-shamed without a good shot at retaliation.

To buy a PS4 for Destiny, or not to buy. That is the question. I've been waiting for a reason to buy a PS4, I'll wait and see what Jim has to say, because if Titanfall is anything to go by, the mainstream jurnalists will be raving about it. I'm also considering Sims 4 but am afraid of being exploited by EA... I can sense DLC and micro-transactions galore.

Hyrule Warriors and Shadow of Mordor are must buys for me though :D

edit: Massive Chalice is being released?! How did I forget about this, another must buy for me.

wait, The Sims 4 counts as an "Amazing" release?

well I guess that's true, I was indeed amazed when it was revealed that it had less content than the first Sims game.

I have been hyped for Shadow of Mordor for a long time, I'll be waiting outside gamestop with my face squished against the window on the 30th. To pick up my pre-order and speed home.

Next game I'm getting is Borderlands PS.
My wife will probably get Sims 4 but wait for the first bundle pack.

Wow, I suddenly agree with Yahtzee. You got Sims 4. A Dynasty Warriors game. A tower defence game. Two RPGs I cant comment on due to lack of knowledge, Disney infinity and an FPS.

Unless those RPGs are good, Destiny is like the only release that appears to be worth buying.

Wait wait wait... Defense Grid is getting a sequel!?

Ok, if you don't like Tower Defense, this isn't anything to be excited about. Me though, super excited!

Eh, all that's got me for September is Shadow of Mordor, which I think might be hit or miss. I really hope it hits and hits hard. I need something to last me until Inquisition and Beyond Earth.

Hyrule Warriors is coming out next month? May be about time to get a WiiU. Otherwise Massive Chalice seems interesting, and Sims 4 is... well I'll just wait to see some user reviews on that one. Don't really care for any of the others.

Scars Unseen:
Hyrule Warriors is coming out next month?

I have about the same reaction. Hyrule Warriors is the first game to come out for the Wii U that has me considering actually getting the system, though I'm going to have to wait a bit anyway.

DOOM GUY:
I'm waiting for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus myself.

Why are you fighting Shinovi? I think you may lose! ;)

OT: I hadn't heard of the Middle Earth game... and it has piqued my interest! Will keep an eye on it.

Sheeeesh, September seems a bit dead besides Hyrule Warriors, and Massive Chalice...Oh well, here is October being better. At the very least I still got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HR Remix to look forward to in the coming future...

Sims fans are cheesed at more than toddlers and pools.

Here is a short list of they are complaining about
1) No more open world
2) Neighborhoods limited to about 25 plots, separated into 5 areas, separated by loading screens
3) No cars, not even as decorative objects
4) Sims go offscreen for work and school
5) No terraforming.
6) No basements
7) Houses limited to 3 stories
8) No shops, not even as Sims 3 style rabbit holes. There are Mixologist and Chef career tracks, but whether there are bars and restaurants to be visited is unclear.
9) The traditional Law Enforcement, Military, Medicine, Business, Politics, Sports and Science career tracks have been removed.
10) No colour wheel and limited customisation options

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or