Dungeons & Dragons Trivia Quiz

Dungeons & Dragons Trivia Quiz

D&D has had a lot of twists in its nearly 40 year history, how well do you know them?

Take the quiz!

Years ago we did more D&D trivia quizzes - check them out here.

I scored 20%, with 2 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Dungeons & Dragons Trivia Quiz.
Take this quiz

... Guess i'm not as much of a nerd was I wanted to be lol ... :(
Then again, I have never played Dungeons and Dragons so ... yeah.

I scored 60%, with 6 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Dungeons & Dragons Trivia Quiz.
Take this quiz

Not bad for someone who's never played D&D. Now to try again and probably get a worse score 'cause I have no idea which ones I got right.

One of the answers is wrong. Elf was a class in 'Basic' Dungeons and Dragons but 'Advanced' D&D had both race and class.

Loot-Pillage-Burn:
One of the answers is wrong. Elf was a class in 'Basic' Dungeons and Dragons but 'Advanced' D&D had both race and class.

Ah, that tripped me up. Race and class were first separated in AD&D, and I basically guessed between the other two.

8/10 here.

9/10
Though I'm unsure which question I'm getting wrong.

Schadrach:

Loot-Pillage-Burn:

Ah, that tripped me up. Race and class were first separated in AD&D, and I basically guessed between the other two.

8/10 here.

Ah, dear. I wrote advanced when I meant basic.

I think the answer to the question for the eye stalk classic D&D monster is also wrong. At least it is misleading.

I only got six correct, but I only play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. None of that diluted post 2nd edition stuff.

Why is it the picture they used for a beholder wasn't actually a beholder?

fractal_butterfly:
I think the answer to the question for the eye stalk classic D&D monster is also wrong. At least it is misleading.

It isn't wrong at all, actually; just kinda tricky.
Lets just say my roguelike experience is the only reason I (eventually) got it right.

Topped out at 80%, even with google I can't figure out which I got wrong.

Hastln:

I assumed it was one of the 1000000000 beholder variants that happened in the early '90s when the owners realized that it was perhaps literally the only element of the IP that was copyright-enforceable and decided to put them into everything. The dumbest probably being the caster-beholders in Forgotten Realms where they put out their antimagic eye so they can have dragon-style sorcerer caster levels, and the most awesome being Spelljammer where they're essentially playing Barbary Corsairs to the main game-lines' pre-industrial Europe.

Hastln:

If I remember correctly, a beholder had 8 "eyelets" on his head that did different things, this creature has four. Its definitely a beholder-kin, and threw me the first time. I think its a spectator.

However, I keep getting 8/10 and I havent the first clue which two I keep freaking missing!

Riff Moonraker:

Hastln:

If I remember correctly, a beholder had 8 "eyelets" on his head that did different things, this creature has four. Its definitely a beholder-kin, and threw me the first time. I think its a spectator.

However, I keep getting 8/10 and I havent the first clue which two I keep freaking missing!

Jim_Callahan:

Hastln:

I assumed it was one of the 1000000000 beholder variants that happened in the early '90s when the owners realized that it was perhaps literally the only element of the IP that was copyright-enforceable and decided to put them into everything. The dumbest probably being the caster-beholders in Forgotten Realms where they put out their antimagic eye so they can have dragon-style sorcerer caster levels, and the most awesome being Spelljammer where they're essentially playing Barbary Corsairs to the main game-lines' pre-industrial Europe.

Yeah, Ive been playing D&D for a while, if I remember correctly is a spectator from Lords of Madness. The Spelljammer beholders aren't the best though, the gas spore is definitely the best, variant, its a fungus that just so happens to look like a beholder so that adventures attack it, to which they explode killing its assailant. It's the type of thing that makes you think the early D&D monster designers weren't in their right minds, those, and the giant vampire frog, which is a thing.

I could swear I somehow went from 90% to 80% after changing just one answer... o_O

...what am I getting wrong?! I can't get above 80%, but the only thing I don't know is which Complete Book it is!

Riff Moonraker:

Hastln:

JonB:
(Snip).

Still only getting 9/10.

Since the latest quizzes have had wrong answers, can you bring back the ability to see what questions we got wrong? That'll speed up the process of finding out which ones aren't working.

EDIT: ...And I think that should have been Druid, not Warden.

Hastln:

Riff Moonraker:

Hastln:

Jim_Callahan:

Hastln:

Yeah, Ive been playing D&D for a while, if I remember correctly is a spectator from Lords of Madness. The Spelljammer beholders aren't the best though, the gas spore is definitely the best, variant, its a fungus that just so happens to look like a beholder so that adventures attack it, to which they explode killing its assailant. It's the type of thing that makes you think the early D&D monster designers weren't in their right minds, those, and the giant vampire frog, which is a thing.

Yep, I remember all of those. If I am not mistaken, the Giant Vampire frog's original picture in the monster manual had a hand sticking out of its mouth... or that might have just been the plain Giant frog, too...

Barbas:

JonB:
(Snip).

Still only getting 9/10.

Since the latest quizzes have had wrong answers, can you bring back the ability to see what questions we got wrong? That'll speed up the process of finding out which ones aren't working.

EDIT: ...And I think that should have been Druid, not Warden.

Yeah, but if thats the case, then the question is wrong. Druids were not a new class in the 4th ed. as they have been around since at LEAST 2nd ed. I had one! Yeah, something isnt adding up here, lol...

Riff Moonraker:
(Snip).

The last few had wrong answers. When you can't see which ones you got wrong or right, it can compound the frustration. In case you haven't gotten that perfect score yet...

Ugh...that annoyed the piss out of me. I kept missing one without paying close enough attention to the spectator...I thought I was screwing up the 4th ed question (because it's the only edition represented I'm not overly familiar with). Boo...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here