Uncivil War: Dark Souls - Smoke Some Pot(s) Challenge!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dark Souls - Smoke Some Pot(s) Challenge!

Jim and Yahtzee square off to see who can smash the most pots in Dark Souls before getting they themselves get smashed into pieces.

Watch Video

Seriously Jimmy, not only did Yahtzee win, not only did Yahtzee take pity on you, you were consistently cheating and still lost. Do you feel the shame Jimmy?

It's not loading for me, is that happening for anybody else?

Scratch that, all good. Awesome video btw, loved the finish.

Goliath100:
Seriously Jimmy, not only did Yahtzee win, not only did Yahtzee take pity on you, you were consistently cheating and still lost. Do you feel the shame Jimmy?

How was Jim cheating?

Heh. Loved the Harley Quinn and "Mistah J" jokes Yahtzee.

Really liking this series guys. Thanks! :)

Such a lovely series, but I really could do without the generic quasi-metal riff so loud in the mix. Otherwise keep up the amusing work!

It is not really the same without a endless bombardment of fat jokes. And yay! 3/3 now.

YAY! Jathzee Party!!!
*Does victory dance*

I suggest Jim and Yahtzee fence in Blade Symphony, a swordfighting game available now on steam.

This keeps getting better and better. I actually got excited at round 5. I also like the background music.

If you locked on to it, you could always have the Asylum Demon in view making him easy to dodge, and you would've survived longer and cleared the room much more easily.
The pots are an easy target, avoiding the boss should've been your focus.

Eric the Orange:
How was Jim cheating?

Jimmy was almost always starting early. He was running in on "one" instead of "go!".

Goliath100:

Eric the Orange:
How was Jim cheating?

Jimmy was almost always starting early. He was running in on "one" instead of "go!".

Then wouldn't that give him the disadvantage since he has to also put up with the demon for a split second longer?

I wouldn't really call that cheating since Jim dying earlier worked to Yahtzee's advantage... twice.

OT:
Good video. Glad to see the gap has been narrowed.

Watching this, I could only wonder. Has anyone ever done a no lock-on challenge for either of the DS games?

Great work Yahtzee! Way to kick that big fat ass! ...of the Assylum Demon I mean. Surely I would not be referring to Jim Sterling. That would be posterior, I mean preposterous.

Goliath100:

Eric the Orange:
How was Jim cheating?

Try syncing things up over skype sometime and see how that goes for you. And it would only ever matter if he won by less than a second. Which he didn't.

EHKOS:
Watching this, I could only wonder. Has anyone ever done a no lock-on challenge for either of the DS games?

Does Darksydephil's Let's plays of the game count? or do you mean actual successful chalenges?

May I suggest the Super Mario 64 Terminator Mushroom challenge?

From Cracked.com:

Fans will remember that one goal in every level of the slightly less insane normal game was to collect eight red coins. You'll also remember that many levels had hidden 1-Up mushrooms. What you probably don't recall is that these mushrooms were designed to home in on Mario. Most gamers would grab them too quickly to notice, but if you missed one, the mushroom would follow you to prevent it from accidentally falling into a pit of lava or getting gobbled up by a stoner Koopa.

Two brilliant gamers whose names have been lost to history (in the sense that in my life's history I never learned Japanese) considered these two facts and then combined them in a way that no rational mind ever should. Their goal was to summon a mushroom and then collect all eight red coins while avoiding its never-ending pursuit.

It works brilliantly because Mario is slightly faster than the "green demon," but the mushroom displays the relentless determination of a fungal Terminator and has the tendency to give a big ol' "fuck you" to the laws of physics by flying through walls. It essentially turns the cheery and whimsical Super Mario 64 into a survival horror game. You never know when the mushroom will pop up, but you do know that it's always out there. Watching you. Hunting you.

A great show once again. Kind of Yahtzee to give Jim a second chance and very impressive that he still won. xD

Looking forward to the tie-breaker next week.

Also, is anyone else a bit suspicious that they just do this show to talk to each other about their wanking habits? ;p

Goliath100:

Eric the Orange:
How was Jim cheating?

But you have been fooled you see, haha! Yahtzee was merely intentionally editing the video in an incorrect fashion to make it look as if Jim was cheating, and therefore garner the sympathy of the masses! All is fair in love and war after all, and I'm starting to sense hints of the former as well in this video series, even if these two masculine hearts may never admit to the former.

grimner:

EHKOS:

Does Darksydephil's Let's plays of the game count? or do you mean actual successful chalenges?

I mean all the way to the credits successful. Like never locking on to a single enemy or boss.

ZZoMBiE13:

Weird, that was my first thought: "Oh hey, Yahtzee's character looks like Harley!"

Imp Emissary:
A great show once again. Kind of Yahtzee to give Jim a second chance and very impressive that he still won. xD

Also, is anyone else a bit suspicious that they just do this show to talk to each other about their wanking habits? ;p

SO? It's funny to hear them trash talk each other about wanting habits!

My favorite game! Best Uncivil War episode ever.

I have to admit, I was edging ever so slowly to the end of my chair all the way through that last round.

Now people will stop asking for Dark Souls, plus we got a good video!

For some reason, the "yeah!!" chant was even more satisfying than normal this week.

Darth_Payn:

ZZoMBiE13:

Weird, that was my first thought: "Oh hey, Yahtzee's character looks like Harley!"

Imp Emissary:

SO? It's funny to hear them trash talk each other about wanting habits!

xD I'm not complaining, just suspicious.

I guess we can look at it this way.

:D Every episode has a Happy Ending....Or two. ;p

You guys should square off in the original Bushido Blade for PS1 for the tie-breaker!

If you're still looking for challenge ideas... I've been playing a lot of X-com lately...

Crips vs. Bloods.
Each side has a team of 6 rookie X-COM solders. Conventional weapons and body armor only, but each solder can choose any item from the game. Some items are useless though. Silly names encouraged.

Dunno how it'd translate for a video, but I've been trying to get a recording myself of that particular challenge. ;3

Another challenge idea for you, Requires Faster than Light.

Faster than Stars.
This is a time based challenge, and it's probably subject to the RNG being mean. Players can choose any ship from the game, and the first player to reach a predetermined sector (3 or 5) wins. Pause is ill advised, as this is a real time race.

Adept Mechanicus:
I suggest Jim and Yahtzee fence in Blade Symphony, a swordfighting game available now on steam.

Oh gods. How about Nidhogg? Best of five?

How about some Jaws Unleashed swimmer-chomping action?

SilverUchiha:

Goliath100:

Eric the Orange:
How was Jim cheating?

Then wouldn't that give him the disadvantage since he has to also put up with the demon for a split second longer?

I wouldn't really call that cheating since Jim dying earlier worked to Yahtzee's advantage... twice.

It only gives him a disadvantage if he assumes Yahtzee will die before breaking all the pots. Basically it's a trade off.

EHKOS:

C'mon man, don't be cruel to them. D:

I bet people totally have done that, and worse. XD

Doom972:
This keeps getting better and better. I actually got excited at round 5. I also like the background music.

Yeah, the last two rounds were right tense. Good show, for sure.

Great match you guys. You should revisit Dark Souls for a Sen's Fortress obstacle course race!

Demon souls first to kill the big blob thing whats weak to fire.

great video chaps

Funny stuff. Still can't tell if you smoked some real pots before recording this.
You guys should do a GTA Online Creator challenge...mostly because I'd like to see what you would create to troll each other.

Living Contradiction:

Adept Mechanicus:

Oh gods. How about Nidhogg? Best of five?

Nidhogg would be cool as well. I really want to bring some more exposure to Blade Symphony, because it's fantastic and the player base isn't as large as I'd like.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here