Movie Defense Force: Maniac Cop - A Cop That Kills People? CRAZY!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Maniac Cop - A Cop That Kills People? CRAZY!

The most fantastical fantasy film ever, this one!

Watch Video

I always felt Bruce Campbell was shoved in this movie just to get his name attached, since he's barely in it and doesn't do much except cheat on his wife and get arrested when he is. The old cop with the moustache is really the main hero for most of the movie, as he's the one actually investigating shit.

Still a fun enough movie and the Maniac Cop himself still strikes a very intimidating figure.

Tune in next week for an even crazier premise! After one too many twitter shitstorms, a games critic on the edge finally snaps and begins to produce content that beats people over the head with a point... To death! He is... THE ARTICULATOR!

*Please read the following in the most stereotypical southern gentleman voice you can*

Another excellent review Jim. Its such an preposterous premise, yet it was the performance of Mr. Bruce Campbell that really makes it so believable. Maniac Cop is to villainizing our police forces to what another horror movie, 12 Years A Slave, is to making negro slaves seem like actual people and escaping our ownership. Its quite frightens me to think that these things might happen, or that they might work to make the world this way.

Havnt watched this movie in a while, but still dont think it needs defending - its a solid slasher movie. But wasnt the Cop a good cop until he was sent to prison by crooked police and cut up in the shower an then he turned into a killer afterwards? Maybe im not remembering the Maniac Cop movies well. Well have to rewatch them on the weekend.

Also remember them wanting to remake this movie a few years ago but i guess nothing has happened on that front. Or did i completely miss its release?

Nicely done sir, nicely done. Subtle as always.

So there I was, staring at the title and wondering why Jim would pick this, of all movies, to showcase on Movie Defence Force. "Nobody outside the target audience has anything to say about this, positive or negative, so why defend it at all?" I thought to myself.

And then I watched the episode.

Jimothy, you are wonderful in all that you say and do and I promise I will never doubt you again.

Laying it on a bit too think I think, but on the whole... I was entertained.

Given recent events well played sir.

I actually enjoy the sequel way more. Especially the shoot out at the police station. Almost puts Terminator's shootout to shame.

I am going to need a truckload of Asprin to get over the headache I have from Jim beating me over the head with his message. Last time that happened on MDF was when he talked about Uwe Boll's mass murderer movie.

But now I'm curious how Maniac Cop ends.

SonOfVoorhees:
Havnt watched this movie in a while, but still dont think it needs defending - its a solid slasher movie. But wasnt the Cop a good cop until he was sent to prison by crooked police and cut up in the shower an then he turned into a killer afterwards? Maybe im not remembering the Maniac Cop movies well. Well have to rewatch them on the weekend.

Also remember them wanting to remake this movie a few years ago but i guess nothing has happened on that front. Or did i completely miss its release?

This was less about the movie and more satire directed at the recent problems in missouri involving the police murdering a kid for no good reason and then when people got angry coming down on the people like army storm troopers.

Really funny video almost as funny as the situation is abhorrent. Shame you don't do political videos I'd love to see a more direct rant on it. Though your twitter feed is a pretty decent replacement.

I feel there was a subtle message in the review, but it must have been far too subtle for me to get

Jimothy Sterling:
Maniac Cop - A Cop That Kills People? CRAZY!

The most fantastical fantasy film ever, this one!

Watch Video

Fantastic video as always Jim. My only complaint is that I was at times distracted by this niggling feeling that I was missing something, that there was something, some brand of true, understated subtlety underlining the whole affair.

I have no idea what it could possibly be though.

So...much...sarcasm.....brain...overloading...

I love you Jim.

Mmm, you can really taste the smug sarcasm can't you? Well, since this was in response to recent events, perhaps everyone should respond to this video the same way the people in Missouri are. WOOOO!!! Let's go looting! PS4 here I come!

And this is why we thank God for Jim. Well played sir!

I wonder how it would play in Missouri...?

Dear Jim,

I like the idea of the show, and several of the episodes. However, it is ones like this that I distain. I get the humor, but I think you go to far. Not that the subject material is taboo, but rather you get so caught up in the jokes, or in this case joke, that you forget to really defend the movie. Yes, I understand the joke that cops in america can be violent and jerks ect. However, it felt like you got so caught up in that one joke that you forgot to truly do the film justice in defense. Double Dragon was in a similar style and is still my least favorite episode. Maybe it's just me, but I felt I should say something because I do generally like the show, but episodes like this can become too over saturated with sarcasm to the point that your just making the same joke over and over again rather than defending the movie. That is at least how I feel. Thank you for your time.

This really sets a new standart for future ironic "Subtle" Jokes. Well played Jim.

Callate:
I wonder how it would play in Missouri...?

People from Kansas City Missouri seem to like it.

Fun fact:

There is a discreetly subtle message in this episode, but you have to listen quite carefully to hear it.

Can you guess what it is?

Hmmmm, I think this video might have been too subtle for me. Lay it on thicker, Jimbo!

Hah! Well done, Jimothy! Loved the tongue-in-cheek references you made to the recent events in Ferguson, Missouri....which was the whole episode, so...well, I loved the whole episode! :) Can't wait for the next MDF; see you on Monday, Jim.

I saw this several hours ago, but my mind couldn't process all of that subtle satire. I had to take a break!

Ha ha, I see what you did there. Clever.

Darth_Payn:
But now I'm curious how Maniac Cop ends.

Two sequels of nonstop zombie slasher action. They never kill him before the series ends.

Last time that happened on MDF was when he talked about Uwe Boll's mass murderer movie.

You know what? Jim should make an Assault on Wall Street episode: surely Uwe Boll showing the world that:
1. He's actually a competent director when he tries
2. He's way meaner and more callous than people assumed when they saw him beating up critics
deserves the Sterling treatment

josh4president:
Fun fact:

There is a discreetly subtle message in this episode, but you have to listen quite carefully to hear it.

Can you guess what it is?

All black people play basketball?

Yes Jim, we get the joke, cops abusing their power, being feared and incompetent isn't such an outlandish idea, no need to rub it in with the obvious sarcasm.

Subtle as always. Funny! Thanks, Jim!

I see what you did there. Well played sir!

Topical! Apply directly to skin.

I was a little older than Jim when I first saw this, and even was given a promotional Maniac Cop T-shirt by a similarly laissez-faire parent...

inb4 400 comment thread about "beating over the head"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or