LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Avoid Surveillance

Ways to Avoid Surveillance

Think a vague yet menacing government agency is tracking your every move? Here's some helpful tips to shake off any unwanted observers!

Watch Video

Sometimes this is how I feel about my own security :D

P.S. What was the webpage you were using for password evaluation?

I wish I'd known last week you were working on this. I could have furnished you with a rather good stinger.

blackrave:

I would like you to sit back and consider the wisdom of evaluating the strength of a password using an external Web page.

ewhac:
I wish I'd known last week you were working on this. I could have furnished you with a rather good stinger.

Caption: "Disappear to Isolated Unknown Village"

Medium-shot of our HERO sitting at cafe table. He shuts off his phone, shuts off his tablet, and shuts down and closes his laptop. He picks up his tea and sits back with a sigh of relief. Suddenly, his expression changes, and he sits up with a start to realize he has arrived here.

(If you don't immediately know on sight where this is, turn in your geek card.)

They could have justified the expense of a trip to Wales for that stinger or at least wandered down to the surplus store to pick up 'Rover'

If you manage to acquire an invisibility cloak, the NSA would probably want to hire you. Provided of course that you can manage to get one that actually covers your whole body.

It may be possible to escape the NSA, but you cannot escape Starbucks. Or McDonalds. The clown is always watching

Heh, I thought the Sam Raimi effect would somehow be in used somehow.

You wanna know the truth? The NSA isn't actually gathering information on every citizen. They just want you to think they are to give the illusion that they have more power than they actually do. It's the same as when Martin Luther King jr. assassinated JFK in Ford's Theater. They'll tell you one thing when the truth is that it never happened.

Jaeger_CDN:
They could have justified the expense of a trip to Wales for that stinger or at least wandered down to the surplus store to pick up 'Rover'

That's what I'm saying -- as part of my vacation, I was staying in Portmeirion for a couple of days last week. I could have shot the scene for them. (Of course, I don't look anything like Alex, but whatever...)

I had also seriously considered shooting a small vignette where I wake up groggy from a very late night of drinking, open the drapes and look out the window into The Village, realize where I am, and shut them again in panic. My sweetie asks me what's wrong, to which I respond, "EVERYTHING IS FINE!"

BTW, I also enjoyed seeing a callback to The Camouflage, one of my favorite Crapshots.

You know what's really good camo anywhere you go?

A cardboard box.

The truth is out there, man. "Starbucks" has both an A and an S, but no N. Think about it.

Almost impossible without proxys.

blackrave:

How Secure Is My Password?

ewhac:
I would like you to sit back and consider the wisdom of evaluating the strength of a password using an external Web page.

Yeah, why do that, when you could give me your password and have me individually verify it? What could go wrong? Don't I have a trustworthy face?

Graham_LRR:
Ways to Avoid Surveillance

Think a vague yet menacing government agency is tracking your every move? Here's some helpful tips to shake off any unwanted observers!

Watch Video

One sure-fire way to avoid surveillance is to look directly at the hooded figures walking in the dog park. I can guarantee you'll never have to worry about the government again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here