Uncivil War: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Knife Fight!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Knife Fight!

Jim and Yahtzee bring knives to a gunfight.

Watch Video

do one of these with nidhogg, a race to be eaten by the dick monster!

Jim was clearly a pro at COD4 back in the day.

Got to say I still don't like the intro music, but the content is still pretty funny.

JoelMattGarcia:
Jim was clearly a pro at COD4 back in the day.

Jim reviewed pretty much every CoD game I can think of when he was Dtoid's reviews editor. This one was sealed against Yahtzee the moment they decided on a CoD game.

They should do a racing game. Pod Racers or something. If Mario Kart 8 has multiplayer, do that. It'll be topical!

Although it was funny, they should have done it in Counter-Strike. This CoD insta-kill knifing combined with the auto-aim makes it too easy.
I mean just look at that last kill by Jim (after the round ended). From Yahtzee's perspective it looks like Jim's arm extended a few meters.

If only this was Black Ops II, then on top of the lag compensation, the knife wouldn't hit anyway. Or World at War and have bayonet fights. Oh well, neither of those games have a few seconds of CoD 4's soundtrack seeping in through the music like metaphorical honey to the ear.

Glad to see Jim hide his opinion on the CoD games to appease us.

GZGoten:

That's a really good idea. It's a game that's actually meant for 1v1.

OT: It's funny, I still call BS on two of those. Fucking lag. I guess it's just a CoD thing, but it grinds my gears when one of them got a hit that didn't register.

Worms Reloaded, sudden death mode.

It's turn based, so latency shouldn't matter that much.

Ow. x0

Salt in the wound at the end there. Better luck next couple of times, Yahtzee.

Good show from you both again! :D

GZGoten:

<_<............What?

Well, it does sound like something Jim and Yahtzee would like.

Goat Simulator, gentlemen, you know you want to.

I predicted Sterling to lose because marines don't say hooah.

I wow.. I never really realized how bad these games look. What is up with instant kill knifes? Do bullets kill just as fast? Else it seems amazingly annoying.

I've posted in a few of these threads so far, but I'm going to say it again anyway. I am really enjoying this series thus far.

It's nice to see friendly competition in this way. I can only assume from seeing the camaraderie between these two that they have actually become friends over the years of working for The Escapist. Either that or they are better at faking friendly than anyone I've ever met, but I'll go ahead and assume the best unless they give me reason not to. :)

Keep up the great work guys!

Once again the moral victory goes to yahtzee. just pause the video every time Jim makes a kill. yahtzeecam will show jim still being like 3 meters away, while jimvision will show him already knifing yahtzee right up in his face. yahtzee had way more lag than Jim. Easy to win that way.

Damn you Jim, why you always gotta cheat like that?

Roofstone:
I wow.. I never really realized how bad these games look. What is up with instant kill knifes? Do bullets kill just as fast? Else it seems amazingly annoying.

Short answer, no. Long answer, knifes are CoD magic. They're an automatic 1-hit kill, including the throwing knives introduced in later versions. Apparently bullets are for the weak in CoDland.

shirkbot:

Roofstone:

Short answer, no. Long answer, knifes are CoD magic. They're an automatic 1-hit kill, including the throwing knives introduced in later versions. Apparently bullets are for the weak in CoDland.

I am very glad I avoided these games in that case, this little gameplay feature would annoy me to no end.

Dr. Crawver:
Got to say I still don't like the intro music

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

Jesus...I was not expecting a reply from you of all people.

I've always been a fan of your music, personal favourite being crucible. Just with this one it felt rushed. Not least because you rhymed war with war.

Saxnot:
Once again the moral victory goes to yahtzee. just pause the video every time Jim makes a kill. yahtzeecam will show jim still being like 3 meters away, while jimvision will show him already knifing yahtzee right up in his face. yahtzee had way more lag than Jim. Easy to win that way.

Damn you Jim, why you always gotta cheat like that?

Hard to tell from the low res version of the video, but I'm pretty sure both of their pings are sitting at 999. Maybe Jim's is actually higher, but that's basically unplayably high either way. I'd just chalk it up to COD4 being a bit lax with the apparent knife distances. It always looked a lot closer in first person than watching people get knifed or being knifed yourself tended to.

Dr. Crawver:

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

I've always been a fan of your music, personal favourite being crucible. Just with this one it felt rushed. Not least because you rhymed war with war.

War
Floor
For
War

Technically, I rhymed it with 'floor' and 'for'.

But if you abhor the chore of hearing these four, I'm not sore, for internet comments are a bore - fussy galore whose rapore I oft choose to ignore

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

MiracleOfSound:

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

War
Floor
For
War

But if you abhor the chore of hearing these four, I'm not sore, for internet comments are a bore - fussy galore whose rapore I oft choose to ignore

I know you pretty much told me to fuck off, but I still laughed and enjoyed the comment. Thank you.

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

Don't listen to them, Gavin; I like the theme song! I only wish it was longer.

OT: Best bit was the "samurai sword fight" moment that had them both miss with their magic 1-hit kill knives. I was expecting throwing knives from across the map, but that shows what I know about CoD. This is just the comedic pick-me-up I needed after the shitstorm that brewed in MovieBob's column today.

Jim: "Tora tora tora"

Jesus. now i remmebered old Sega game of the same title and want to play it again :( Thing is, its a non-pausible 8 hour constant shooter.... that i used to finnish quite a few times.

I dont have 8 hours damnit!

Also swordfigting reminded me of Chivalry. you really should do a Chivalry battle.

Grape_Nuts:
Worms Reloaded, sudden death mode.

It's turn based, so latency shouldn't matter that much.

Actually that sounds like it could make a fun and long enough video. Except they need to be restricted to baseball bats or whatever melee is used in worms reloaded (I cant recall) using the destructive weapons only to make holes in the terrain.

I daresay that was the most classy Call of Duty video I've ever seen. Now how about going back to World War II? Or World War I, that one doesn't get enough appreciation.

I think a good episode would be a duel in Magicka. Only use meteor shower or something

How about a match of Marvel vs Capcom 2/3, both using the shittiest characters?.

My god, they actually have a war game which has infantry supporting mechanized armor? Some actual goddamned realism? I don't know whether to shit or wind my watch. Guess I'll shit on my watch.

At the very end, Yahtzee started to sound uncomfortably like Dexter's nemesis Mandark. Do Jim and Ben actually enjoy doing this? Or is it like two old hacks who have to go out to some sponsorship event at a theme park they both hate because the editor told them the publisher says it has to happen or else?

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

MiracleOfSound:

Yeah, it's pretty shite.

War
Floor
For
War

For what it's worth, I (another faceless forum user) think that the Civil War is very good and fits the content of the videos. I also like your music in general.

Jim's kill after the he won was pretty funny/MLGpro.
Someone suggested Nidhogg (good call) so may I suggest Samurai Gunn?

Entertaining episode.

Evonisia:
If only this was Black Ops II, then on top of the lag compensation, the knife wouldn't hit anyway. Or World at War and have bayonet fights. Oh well, neither of those games have a few seconds of CoD 4's soundtrack seeping in through the music like metaphorical honey to the ear.

Glad to see Jim hide his opinion on the CoD games to appease us.

Yeah, this video made me miss CoD4 so much. Good times.

Doom972:

MiracleOfSound:

Dr. Crawver:

War
Floor
For
War

For what it's worth, I (another faceless forum user) think that the Civil War is very good and fits the content of the videos. I also like your music in general.

Glad to hear it :)

I'd love to see them play Mass Effect 3 MP: Platinum vs. Collectors on Glacier Hazard, who lasts longer, best of 3.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here