The Pickup Artist #2

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Pickup Artist #2

And going and going and going.

Read Full Article

MY EYES! Augggh, why Cory whyyyy?

Did you plan on making a second part, or did all our game-jokes inspire you to do it.

I don't know what's funnier, Erin in the freezer or her quip.

I admire Erin's (worrying) dedication to the joke. Although that is an incredibly spacious fridge.

Qage:
I admire Erin's (worrying) dedication to the joke. Although that is an incredibly spacious fridge.

Maybe she modified it to include oxygen flow too.

Renegade-pizza:

Qage:

She is clearly a lady of many talents.

Rule of 3 demands one more part to this arc.

...the puzzles are easy to solve?

Can be turned in at a nearby store for a tenth of the value?

The Wooster:
The Pickup Artist #2

And going and going and going.

Read Full Article

Hey maybe I could get a shout out on your comic. Seeing as I made that EXACTLY worded joke on the first page of your comments section of your last comic :D

lacktheknack:
...the puzzles are easy to solve?

If that's how he likes his women, I can see why he'd still be single...

Qage:

Must be one of those fridges that's designed to help someone survive a nuclear blast. ;)

OT: Thanks, Grey. I really did need another good laugh after this week.

On display behind a window?

Reading all the comments, this feels like one of those "unlikely things to hear ..."-fragments from Mock the Week.

Sharon is gonna be so pissed. I think. I actually know very little about the dynamics between the coworkers beyond their relationships to Erin.

Weeeell... I can definitely see clitoral stimulation being easily compared to one of those QTEs where you have to rapidly jiggle the analogue stick back and forth.

Hey, come on now, there is no way I was only person thinking this.

"Not at all. The release date has been met, ...to the joy of the audience."

Qage:

Renegade-pizza:

Qage:

She is clearly a lady of many talents.

Don't worry, a burn like that should whip that frostbite right back out of her! And the hypothermia. And the oxygen deficit. And the dehydration...

Side note: maybe I'm looking too deeply into a webcomic here but I like how the dude (what's his name again?) staunchly ignored naysayer Erin and was "rewarded" for it. Meanwhile Erin ended up half dead because she was too busy putting others down to look after herself. Life lessons kids!

Oh hey! Erin's doing a nice impression of a DC girlfriend. :P.

Just to make sure I'm reading this right, the bruised and bloody Erin in the fridge thing is a green lantern reference, yes? I'm not sure I'm connecting all the dots. I mean... why is she in the fridge? She could have easily just been sitting at the kitchen table to make the brick joke continuation from last week. Is it supposed to be implied that somebody, possibly herself, beat Erin up and put her in his fridge for him to find?

Ya'know Erin jokes, but it would seem he succeed in his task.

with doritos and mountain dew?
with jiggle physics?
detailed reviews posted online?
played with by millions?

Comes with a monthly fee?

EDIT: The sign-off link is form last comic.

The line is from Kings of Leon's bestest song ever. I am smart.

Disposable[1]?
Not worth much at Gamestop?

Renegade-pizza:
Did you plan on making a second part, or did all our game-jokes inspire you to do it.

I don't know what's funnier, Erin in the freezer or her quip.

Definitely the way Erin waited in a fridge to keep it fresh.

[1] this is not a women in fridges reference, but to the way annual iterations have basically cheapened each individual release

I LOVE that we are finally coming back to the character driven (to some point at least) comics =3

You move on to next generation ones after a few years?

Zachary Amaranth:

Definitely the way Erin waited in a fridge to keep it fresh.

So... That was the joke? My mind immediately went to the 'women in refridgerators' - trope and I was confused what the joke was.

I think Erin was mentally unstable long before she had her accident.

Also does this count as a "Nuking The Fridge" moment? #CrystalSkullReference.

Lieju:

So... That was the joke? My mind immediately went to the 'women in refridgerators' - trope and I was confused what the joke was.

I actually assumed it was a "women in refrigerators" comment, which is why I tacked on afootnote to my joke about "disposable" women/games. I just decided to go another route.

I'm not sure it's a joke so much as a reference. I think the funny part is her merely going out of her way to keep it up. Though with a naked man and fridge temps, that was probably poor wording.

Mike Fang:

Oh, we knew that.

Zachary Amaranth:

Mike Fang:

Oh, we knew that.

"Oh fuck yeah! DONUTS!!"

"Likely to offend special snowflakes?"

Oh, come on! It's a woman in a refrigerator here!

Before I'm publicly executed I demand that it be at the gallows. In a pirate suit.

Zhukov:
Weeeell... I can definitely see clitoral stimulation being easily compared to one of those QTEs where you have to rapidly jiggle the analogue stick back and forth.

Hey, come on now, there is no way I was only person thinking this.

Considering that God of War did pretty much exactly that, I think you're onto something.

Lieju:

Women being inside refridgerators is a trope? That's a new one on me.

Eric the Orange:
Ya'know Erin jokes, but it would seem he succeed in his task.

And she is butt freezing in a fridge with no sausage to keep her warm.

Erin, honey... this has got to stop. You're only trying to sabotage him because you want him to yourself - not necessarily in a romantic way, though that could be it too, I wouldn't know - and it's reached an unhealthy level. You have to let him go; make his own mistakes. When he realizes what he's missing, he'll probably come back to you.

Mike Fang:

Lieju:

Women being inside refridgerators is a trope? That's a new one on me.

It's named after some Green Lantern villain putting his girlfriend in a fridge, but it refers in general to a female character being killed off (or injured/raped/depowered) to further the character-development of a (usually) male character. Usually to make them mad and give them reason to hate the villain, or give them the justification to beat them up or even kill them.

While the female character is just removed and it's not about her.

It's just lazy writing all-around, and highlights how the female characters often are written so that all of their character and identity revolves around a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Refrigerators
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Website/WomenInRefrigerators?from=Main.WomenInRefrigerators

Gasbandit:
Just to make sure I'm reading this right, the bruised and bloody Erin in the fridge thing is a green lantern reference, yes? I'm not sure I'm connecting all the dots. I mean... why is she in the fridge? She could have easily just been sitting at the kitchen table to make the brick joke continuation from last week. Is it supposed to be implied that somebody, possibly herself, beat Erin up and put her in his fridge for him to find?

She's not actually bruisesd nor bloodied, she's suffering from mild(I guess) frostbite.I think they went with fridge, because its more spontaneous, less predictable and more in line with Erin's personality. I doubt they meant for it to evoke 'darker'* themes.

*For lack of a better word

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or