Game Theory: Video Games Predict YOUR FUTURE!

Video Games Predict YOUR FUTURE!

Without knowing it, video games have created a timeline of events PREDICTING OUR FUTURE! Watch and learn the horrifying truth of what we can expect in the coming years.

Hundreds of video games are set in the future. But oddly, these video games tend to form a pattern, with certain events tending to happen around certain years, regardless of game and franchise. Today, we share with you those chilling predictions.

Watch Video

An interesting addition would've been Eve Online, which is set around the year 23000. Still a nice fitting together of games though!

Man, Deus Ex; so that's why they're showing this episode today of all days. It all looks so obvious in hindsight now.
But there's an odd downplay of the events from the Metal Gear games. This year should be when MGS4: Guns of the Patriots is set.

I thought for sure Megaman Legends was going to be the end of the time line not w/e the FART BUTT game was.

Well, that was interesting.
But it is only logical that it is this way. Human culture uses the same tropes, the same fears and thoughts everywhere.
The alignment of this is a little scary, though.

On another note: A Publisher or a Dev should try to create a common Universe and Timeline for a Series of Games...
Don't leave it to us to figure out hidden connections, build a World of common stories yourself!
The games would be of different genres, take place in any possible time. Past, present, future.
But in every game there would be a hint. Stories of the past, things that look into the future, that let you know
that you are in THIS world, playing THIS story. Not only one chapter. You really make a difference.

tl;dr Make the Marvel Universe of games!

Hiramas:
Well, that was interesting.
But it is only logical that it is this way. Human culture uses the same tropes, the same fears and thoughts everywhere.
The alignment of this is a little scary, though.

On another note: A Publisher or a Dev should try to create a common Universe and Timeline for a Series of Games...
Don't leave it to us to figure out hidden connections, build a World of common stories yourself!
The games would be of different genres, take place in any possible time. Past, present, future.
But in every game there would be a hint. Stories of the past, things that look into the future, that let you know
that you are in THIS world, playing THIS story. Not only one chapter. You really make a difference.

tl;dr Make the Marvel Universe of games!

The Commander Keen games and the Wolfeinstein games are in the same universe.
I think that's the only one I know... someone else ?

Thanks Captain Buzz kill.

Anyone know something that gets brain matter off wall? Deep stuff. I hope it's not all true, but still interesting.

Aw, don't WH40K video game adaptations count?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here