Uncivil War: Sleeping Dogs - Bike Bashing Bonanza!

Sleeping Dogs - Bike Bashing Bonanza!

Jim and Yahtzee get some more vehicular manslaughter in with Sleeping Dogs.

Watch Video

That game had excellent bike physics; for anyone wanting to try this at home, know that you can open the driver's door and send people flying without losing speed. That's how the professional vehicular homicidists do it.

Wow that one was close. It was genuinely tense.

I reckon Yahtzee should have won that; he only hit the last bikie like 5 seconds after the clock went. They should have just called it a tiebreaker.

Yahtzee should have won because he hit 15 first.
Ties are lame. There should be a rule to avoid them when possible.

In terms of the actual competition this is the best one yet. Good back an forth and close the whole time.

Honestly surprised Yahtzee didn't do the whole, "I Chinese! I play joke! I go pee pee in your coke!" thing since he was on a roll there.

That last one Yahtzee hit should've counted. After all Yahtzee hit him just as the buzzer went.

Friends and I used to play this exact same made-up mini-game in GTA. We'd use sports cars though, to really send the motorists flying. The Cheetah and the Banshee usually. We started the practice in Vice City and it's carried on through to almost every GTA game or Saints Row game we've played since. :)

emanresu2:
Yahtzee should have won because he hit 15 first.
Ties are lame. There should be a rule to avoid them when possible.

Yeah, I agree. It would behoove them to implement a Sudden Death stipulation.

Very good war. Ironic kinda' that this simple competition ended up being the closest and most exciting yet! Jim and Yatzhee need to stick with these goofy 'not the way the game is meant to be played' competitions.

See this is the kind of challenge I personally would do. I LOVE destroying motorcyclists in these games.

Silentpony:
Very good war. Ironic kinda' that this simple competition ended up being the closest and most exciting yet! Jim and Yatzhee need to stick with these goofy 'not the way the game is meant to be played' competitions.

How many have been played in the way they were supposed to be? Well besides Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Just curious.

OT: Well I consider this the unofficial sequel to the first Uncivil War, gosh I'm being nostalgic for a few months ago.

Evonisia:

Silentpony:

How many have been played in the way they were supposed to be? Well besides Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Just curious.

OT: Well I consider this the unofficial sequel to the first Uncivil War, gosh I'm being nostalgic for a few months ago.

I'd say Mount Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 1, Call of Duty Knife fight, Left 4 Dead 2, AaaaaAaaaa Parachute Plunge, Max Gentleman Hat whatevers, and Alien: Isolation. So roughly half?

Yatzhee would've won that if he had actually use the ram button. Very exciting episode nonetheless.

Butt slam challenge in Borderlands tPS

Remember everyone, Yahtzee is definitely Not Racist:

Also, another tie? Makes me wonder if they're deliberately scripting these matches, since I seem to remember them having unrecorded practice runs in previous challenges. On the other hand, this would imply a rather much higher level of preparation and an almost inhuman ability to feign spontaneity, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit. :-)

Still neck and neck. >:0

It's still anyone's game!
What will happen if they both make it to 10 at the same time?

Also, why didn't they just keep driving on down the wrong side? Seems like that would have been a quick way to a win.

I don't think Yahtzee knew what a motorcycle was at the start of that game. Its good that he finally reasoned what it probably was before the end.

Yeesh Yahtzee, here I am rooting for you week after week, and then you show off the weakest reflexes this side of Hong Kong, mate... :'(

Should have been an easy win, if you'd have been a liiiiiitle faster.

Why did they start off in 2 of the slowest cars possible?

I'd be horrible in a challenge like this. I always try and go as fast as possible without crashing.

I've got to admit I burst out giggling at "This alley isn't helping me"

"Four wheels good! Two wheels bad!" Come on, guys, it was RIGHT there!
Still a funny challenge though. Yahtzee definitely should count this as a win since he hit the LAST bike rider within a second of the timer running out.

Silentpony:

Evonisia:

Silentpony:
[snip] Jim and Yatzhee need to stick with these goofy 'not the way the game is meant to be played' competitions.

How many have been played in the way they were supposed to be? Well besides Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Just curious. [snip]

I'd say Mount Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 1, Call of Duty Knife fight, Left 4 Dead 2, AaaaaAaaaa Parachute Plunge, Max Gentleman Hat whatevers, and Alien: Isolation. So roughly half?

I'd say you're right except for Call of Duty. Yes, knifing is an intentional way to play the game, but the main course of action is shooting. It's not like the games have a mode in which you have no weapons but the knife. By only allowing themselves to knife each other, they made it unconventional. I doubt many online matches players set a rule to only knife each other, so from my point of view the COD one was played in a way it was not meant to be played.

Scorpid:
I don't think Yahtzee knew what a motorcycle was at the start of that game. Its good that he finally reasoned what it probably was before the end.

Great minds think alike! I didn't think he understood either. I got the sense he thought they were hitting non-electric/manual peddling bikers rather than motorcycles. When he heard how fast Jim was scoring so soon into the match, I think he got the hint it was about hitting motorcycles rather than bicycles. After all, how could Jim encounter so many bicycles so quickly versus the more abundant motorcycles? Honestly, they really should have made that clear in the beginning. This isn't really a "Bike Bashing Bonanza"; it's a "Motorcycle Bashing Bonanza". Though, I suspect that may be a difference between American English and British English, not that I know. Either way, if Yahtzee knew at the beginning I think he might have won. As others have said though, it might have just been him not having active enough reflexes to hit the ones he barely missed rather than him not realizing what the challenge was at first.

Yahtzee just drove past about three at the beginning there. No matter, we all know he'll win this, while Jim will be sitting in a pile of candy bar wrappers occasionally using one to dry his tears.

I don't care if this did end in a tie or not, Yahtzee still won this round by a hopefully-hospitalized biker in my eyes... (mainly because I go by the basketball logic of time buzzers going off...)

Why do I feel yahtze handicaped himself on purpose? first he drives a mini-van, then he forgets to smash the first 5 or so bikes he encounters ...

These ties feel kinda lazy, almost like they couldn't be bothered to come up with a tie-breaker. I like Uncivil War for the banter but the challenges themselves could use a little work. Plus I would prefer if they actually played a 2 player game more often rather than just playing the same game in parallel, I tend to feel more invested in those episodes.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here