Unskippable: Grandia III

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

"Are you a mechanic? Or a me-can't-ic?" My roommate, who's studying for a mechanic engineering degree, is still cracking up. Excellent job.

These guys won't rest until every JRPG gets roasted!!!

Something so simple is so funny...These guys basically did what me and my friend used to do when playing single player games together. And this is my favorite one yet. Mostly because I enjoyed seeing my favorite JRPG series roasted. If only the opening cutscene had been the one where the guy gets eggs on his head...

that was great

"This is the most complicated hooka ever!"

I really thought that that was his sister. I mean his mother?

"Oh lord, RPGs are just so bloodly picturesc... makes me sick..."

Yep my thoughts exaclly.

I love this series, I really do.
Still can't believe that's his mom. Yuki's mom has got it going on, apparently.

Nice.

Favorite parts:

Yet despite all those, I think this one wasn't as funny as their previous videos. I have to say their writing has gotten AMAZING in a very short period of time, but Dirge of Cerberus was probably my favorite, followed closely by Lost Planet.

One of the best yet, and that was his mom?! WTF?

"When this thing hits 80 miles per hour, your going to see some serious shit"

Its got a back to the future reference, how can this video not be awesome.

Ace of Spades:

Same here. Seriously, how old was she?...

Srsly:

Geo Da Sponge:
The whole 'Mom' thing became especially worrying when I realised there's only a single double bed in the house.

AHAHAHAHA. Oh man, that points out a good point. Incest to the rescue? -shivers uncomfortably-

incest! the game the whole family can play!

i found alot of this one funny
especially the twilight poster + mum part

"but she did not realize that supper would never be ready!" That part was awesome, best one yet. Great job guys!

I laughed.

But for some reason I actually want to play this game now.
I have to admit, the double-take I did upon realising the whole "mom" thing was monumental.
Nothing makes sense anymore...

KeithA45:

Yet despite all those, I think this one wasn't as funny as their previous videos. I have to say their writing has gotten AMAZING in a very short period of time, but Dirge of Cerberus was probably my favorite, followed closely by Lost Planet.

I have to agree. This is a close third, though.

The Iron Ninja:
I laughed.

But for some reason I actually want to play this game now.
I have to admit, the double-take I did upon realising the whole "mom" thing was monumental.
Nothing makes sense anymore...

I know. I kind of wonder, was that supposed to be some big revelation, or were we just supposed to know?

This made my day

SomeBritishDude:
"When this thing hits 80 miles per hour, your going to see some serious shit"

Its got a back to the future reference, how can this video not be awesome.

Ace of Spades:

Same here. Seriously, how old was she?...

She looked even younger than he did *shudder*

Teen pregnancy is fun, would be the moral of this game, I guess?

Ok, I didnt like it as much as some of the other ones :) Still great though! , the mom bit caught me off guard! god that was funny. I thought she was his sister!
just brilliant, they are all brilliant!!

Funniest one yet, VERY true at the mom scene. Dude you moms like 3 years older than you.

I don't know. After growing up with Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and now watching RiffTrax regularly, this is all just...lame in comparison. But it's cute on occasion.

Ok, first time I watched unskippable... and it was crap. One of the best? Oh man, the others have to be like ... I better don't say it. Absolutely not funny.

I wish I had stumbled onto these a few months from now so I could watch more than one at a time... Some of your comments have me rolling.

"It's purgatory outside. Pretty much a big, ole white void out there. How's it going everybody?"

Ha, I think this one's your best yet. You guys are really onto something here: there must be a ton of JRPG's out there, all with equally lengthy and bad opening scenes to rip up.

Looking forward to seeing it next week.

It is definitely getting better with each one. The bit about his mom had me ROFL.

brilliant episode!!!! "ive got all the latest gossip....im sleeping with everyone",hilarous

Graf Zahl:
Ok, first time I watched unskippable... and it was crap. One of the best? Oh man, the others have to be like ... I better don't say it. Absolutely not funny.

To each their own, I happen to think it's funny.

The mom part was hilarious. I also liked the little Myst reference thrown in there ;)

Thanks everyone! I think it's really cool that everyone has different opinions of which ones are our best. Keep it interesting for us!

I should say that Grandia III (which I've actually beaten) is a really fun game. If you've got a PS2 and some spare time, I'd recommend it. Granted some of the cinematics are... well, you saw. And occasionally a character falls into a plot hole and is never heard from again, but the battle system is just too much fun. And hey, it's better paced than Eternal Sonata!

"would i dis-obey my own mother?" WHOA...wow...best part! =P

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! mother.

Both the "Twilight" and "Mom" jokes are up there with the "bullet testing" joke, hahaha.

It was funny :)

The blac kid with glasses vioceover is aweful ,they all are.
awesome epsiode " I loved the werido neigbour woman "i fantise about killing you"

That was excellent ! You guys are hilarious ! Keep up the great work.

Awesome. The hookah lines were great, and I really liked the reference to Eyebrows from the last episode, which is still my favorite, but this one probably comes in second. And the Twilight reference made me think of Matt. You should have gotten him to do guest vocals for that. Like, 15 percent of the people watching this would get it, but still...

You guys seem to take the mickey out of RPGs quite well. My one concern is that you guys are going to over play the Tony Hawk's Extreme game joke. It was funny in Dead Rising and you guys pulled it off here because of the RPG-elements part but If it continues it'll get stale real fast. Great episode though, I'm glad his show is here.

Hide-and-go-crush IS a bad idea...keep up the good work, guys.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here