Sunset Overdrive

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sunset Overdrive

The target audience.

Read Full Article

[Something witty involving sunsets, Icarus and sick burns]

...But No Doritos?
Guess COD must have made that exclusive to their series :I

Man, I could really go for some of that sweet, energizing OverCharge to replenish my electrolytes and help...think good at...stuff.

Yep Microsoft sure knows it's audience.

Well, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow. Scared to spend any money on games at the moment seeing as the last couple, while good, have failed to keep me overly entertained for longer than a few hours.

I don't think there's enough burn cream there for that.

Diablo1099:
...But No Doritos?

Actually, the soft drink in the game is a slurry of Mountain Dew and Doritos. The Nacho Cheese helps give it that vivid orange colour.

Zachary Amaranth:
I don't think there's enough burn cream there for that.

Diablo1099:
...But No Doritos?

Actually, the soft drink in the game is a slurry of Mountain Dew and Doritos. The Nacho Cheese helps give it that vivid orange colour.

Oh, Really? I thought it was just a Club Orange rip off ^^;

Video game related burn montage!
[Plays Japanese Pop music]

I hope Microsoft has burn heal.
They'll need to roll a six to get rid of that burn.
They need a spell to get rid of that status effect.
Someone cast Cone of Cold on that burn.

Mindless zombies from a soda, hmmm....

~ Brawndo's got what plants crave.

~ Yeah, it's got electrolytes.

~ What are electrolytes? Do you even know?

~ It's what they use to make Brawndo.

~ Yeah, but why do they use them to make Brawndo?

~ 'Cause Brawndo's got electrolytes.

Oh the Idiocrasy and Brawndo jokes to be had

that said, BURRRRRRRRN, you need some dry ice on that Microsoft?

on a more serious note, I'm glad that people like the game and that it's a nice bright colorful wacky game.

Shame it's not on PC, I would probably pick it up.

Diablo1099:
...But No Doritos?

Oooooh, developers missed amazing reasoning behind mutants
Basically, soda alone does nothing to people
And snacks doesn't either.
BUT together...

funny strip but it lost something for me after you guys high fived yourselves in the last panel. meh

Maybe I should cool down on drinking all this mountain dew, using the kinect, and eating these brains.

I actually don't like it that much. The humour reminds me of the Deadpool game and I didn't particularly enjoy that brand of humour either and the combat doesn't really have much weight to it I feel. I haven't got too far in, but first impressions aren't good.

I don't know why...but for some reason I want to reference "Defenders of Dynatron City".

MiskWisk:
I actually don't like it that much. The humour reminds me of the Deadpool game and I didn't particularly enjoy that brand of humour either and the combat doesn't really have much weight to it I feel. I haven't got too far in, but first impressions aren't good.

It is too wacky if you ask me. When absolutely everything in your game is colourful and fun and over the top, for the sake of being over the top instead of just being funny. It is neither over the top nor funny. It is just apathic and boring.

It is just as bland as a brown shooter. (I've only played two or so hours, I might be wrong, but first impressions.)

Ah. Console war jokes. You're slumming it either way. I'd rather slum it on a console with games. Pass me the Overcharge.

Roofstone:

MiskWisk:

It is too wacky if you ask me. When absolutely everything in your game is colourful and fun and over the top, for the sake of being over the top instead of just being funny. It is neither over the top nor funny. It is just apathic and boring.

It is just as bland as a brown shooter. (I've only played two or so hours, I might be wrong, but first impressions.)

I'll take bright and colorful and wacky over drab, gray, brown dullness any day of the week. Bonus for Sunset Overdrive: their ads show actual footage from playing the game. Might want to pass CoD some of that ointment for the BURN!

haha there making fun of them self's on this

...Huh, that's one way to look at it, I guess. Personally, I prefer the bright, fun, irreverent atmosphere over the grim, brownness of most modern shooters any day.

I can wait for the PC version....

Played it at my mates house...tbh I wasn't all that impressed. It's got a fun style, but there is some really poor mission design, especially fetch quests. Also: calling out how dumb a fetch quest is doesn't make it any less painful when you make me do them. That's not satire.

Also, the fiery compesator or whatever that's shaped like a cock and balls is only funny if you take it to 11. OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A DICK is only humorous if you're like 13. If it cannot (and is not) actively used as a sex aid in the story, it's not funny.

6/10

Aloe, aloe, where the fuck is the aloe ?!

Just keep consuming dewritos.

I really did enjoy sunset overdrive, don't see how it is a "shame" it is X1 exclusive, this whole anti-exclusives thing in gamer community is new, and kind of annoying, hell bloodborne might convince me to get a ps4.

also the ridiculously smug attitude this comic had was just painful, seriously, I cannot stand that mindset in the real world, it is really unattractive in people, not to mention just... wrong

Ooh yeah sick burn only idiots would want an xbox amirite? #whatDumbasses
Aww shit, so superior with our PS4 at higher framerates, who needs good games when you have better grahpics.

Burns were made. Butts were hurt. Fanboys can't take a joke.

Love the comics guys! Keep 'em coming!

Wow ho ho guys. Let's not forget that this comic is EDGY AS FUCK. If it does't occasionally gently apply pressure to it's audiences face every once in a while then it's not doing it's Steve job.

I don't really get the joke.
I understand what they mean by it, mindless consumers, zombies, etc...
I just don't get why or how it would be thought of as funny.

nyysjan:
I don't really get the joke.
I understand what they mean by it, mindless consumers, zombies, etc...
I just don't get why or how it would be thought of as funny.

Consider the people who were defending the XBox One when it was originally announced with all it's crap like the required Kinect, the always online, etc. Most of them were happily cheering for all that crap so long as they got their Halo fix while they scarf down their Dorito and Dew to get the PtW items.

LGC Pominator:
I really did enjoy sunset overdrive, don't see how it is a "shame" it is X1 exclusive, this whole anti-exclusives thing in gamer community is new, and kind of annoying, hell bloodborne might convince me to get a ps4.

Really? Because back when we were playing on our Sneses and Genesi, people used to get piiiiiiiiissed at exclusivity.

Revolutionary:
Ooh yeah sick burn only idiots would want an xbox amirite? #whatDumbasses
Aww shit, so superior with our PS4 at higher framerates, who needs good games when you have better grahpics.

Erin's PC Gaming Master Race, so the counter argument is irrelevant.

I don't usually enjoy these strips, but this one did get a chuckle out of me. Kudos.

yep, people must be jaw draggingly forehead slappingly stupid to enjoy some game that has no real depth. Ignore games for enjoyment, they must be art!

You didn't come off as smug at all there guys. Not one bit. /s

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or