Escape to the Movies: Dumb & Dumber To: Just Dumber

Dumb & Dumber To: Just Dumber

Dumb & Dumber To was the nostalgia flashback nobody needed, dull and lifeless and - yes - too dumb to enjoy.

Watch Video

Really? Was Rosewater not playing in Boston?

That's a shame. I really liked the Farrellys back in the day. I loved There's Something about Mary, thought Shallow Hal was sweet and Osmosis Jones was one of my all time favorites.

The creators of Fifty Shades of Grey also seem keen on the idea that playing an out of place Beyoncé song in their trailer is a good method of saying that it'll be a good film (to the point where they tell you to buy it in the credits). Everyone and their dog seems to love that album anyway, it doesn't make a difference.

I actually really liked Stuck on you.

Burnouts3s3:
That's a shame. I really liked the Farrellys back in the day. I loved There's Something about Mary, thought Shallow Hal was sweet and Osmosis Jones was one of my all time favorites.

They made Osmosis Jones, that was a great film.

I had no interest in the first one, and none for this. I don't understand the appeal of this kind of humor. So I watched the video for the two snippets at the end of the show.

Rosewater looks interesting, also would have liked to have heard your opinion on it.

It's a sad day for my MovieBob viewing.

I'll probably see this anyway, because it looks like a train wreck I have to see. But it's DVD or netflix for me.

Yeah, I probably am part of the problem, but I don't do this often.

SnakeoilSage:

This. I was hope that Rosewater would've been covered. I mean, Bob, you said yourself in the video, "how could anybody expect anything more than a slog through a cheap cash-in?" Was Rosewater not shown or what exactly?

SnakeoilSage:

Agreed. I really wished Bob reviewed something other than a sequel that no one wanted. The career of the Farrelly brothers is pretty much dead at this point and the cast should have done something better with their time.

Ew, I'm really sad that I have to add this movie to my exhaustive list of movies Bob expresses desire to see a female character as the lead instead of the male characters.

Maybe I'll just leave this one off it, the list is already good enough as is. Glad Bob reviewed this movie so I don't have to but I can't believe there weren't any number of better options that would have actually helped decide my movie going experiences this weekend.

That's okay, Bob. I hated the original, too. And I was like 10 when it came out.

I also hated Meet the Parents. And I only enjoyed like 30 minutes of School of Rock.

I am now honestly looking forward to Bob doing a review for 50 Shades of Grey. After seeing a commercial for it, oh the review is going to be classic.

How about reviewing Nightcrawler? or Birdman?

You know

Good movies?

No?

*sigh* ok.

Zombeavers was amazing, I'm really hoping for a sequel.
If you're a fan of Bill Burr, he has a very small role in it.

Was that really necessary? Well, I guess that a true sequel with the original actors would be expected to fare better, I actually like them both. So is it bad writing? Maybe it is a topc we have seen before and has lost its "funny"?

Not suprising that the film suck so bad, in fact I would watched that Zombiebeaver than the sequel!

daxterx2005:
Zombeavers was amazing, I'm really hoping for a sequel.
If you're a fan of Bill Burr, he has a very small role in it.

when i saw that, i immediately thought back to a script i started writing for a movie called "Wasps" where giant genetically altered wasps escape, sting people and it causes them to explode like in that episode of futurama http://vk.com/video21091943_163863626

Only you know, more bloody and gory.

Aptspire:
How about reviewing Nightcrawler? or Birdman?

He did review Birdman though.

Well, that's... disappointing. I was hoping this would be a funny as the first one, which came out when I was 10, so maybe comedy has changed since then. Maybe next week, you'll be able to see Rosewater, the movie Jon Stewart left the Daily Show for 3 months to direct.

PunkRex:
I actually really liked Stuck on you.

Burnouts3s3:

They made Osmosis Jones, that was a great film.

I forgot they made Osmosis Jones! That was a good one.

I saw the trailer for this when I went to see Guardians of The Galaxy with my mother. I immediately leaned over and said "I'm so sorry, Mom." Ugh.

...a reminder of just how funny Jeff Daniels can be whenever someone is... yeah, reminded of just how funny Jeff Daniels can be.

Here's another reminder of how funny Jeff Daniels can be:

I didn't even know they'd made a sequel to Dumb and Dumber.

never liked thefirst movie. besides some funny moments the movie was crap. so i sure will miss out on part 2.

I'd be shocked if ANYONE expected this film to actually be good or worth their money. Hell, I still never really understood the appeal of the first one. I'm not really a Jim Carey fan and have only really liked SOME of the stuff he's done. But I've generally hated most of his comedies. I have had him on the same shelf as Adam Sandler for cheap comedies that are somewhat funny in the trailers and outright boring or annoying when having to watch the whole damn film. And this didn't even look funny from the trailer... so... yeah. No surprises here.

SnakeoilSage:

Yep, my sentiments exactly.... Bob, if you didn't want to waste peoples time, why didn't you just review Rosewater? I mean seriously I would have liked your opinion on the film. It is a much more relevant film than a sequel to a 20 year old comedy.

MorganL4:

SnakeoilSage:

Yep, my sentiments exactly.... Bob, if you didn't want to waste peoples time, why didn't you just review Rosewater? I mean seriously I would have liked your opinion on the film. It is a much more relevant film than a sequel to a 20 year old comedy.

Y'know, the reason Bob didn't review Rosewater could just be because he didn't get a chance to see in time to do a proper review for it.

SilverUchiha:
I'm not really a Jim Carey fan

Heh. The idea of anyone being a "Jim Carrey fan" made me chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm a big Jim Carrey fan". I'm trying but I really just can't imagine anyone ever saying that.

I wonder.. Will I love this film or won't I? Almost every time Moviebob does a negative review, I end up loving the film. Like somehow we have a juxtaposed opposite taste. However, this seems, like, very bad. I shall explore this paradox and report back to scientists!

NanoxVox:

MorganL4:

SnakeoilSage:

Y'know, the reason Bob didn't review Rosewater could just be because he didn't get a chance to see in time to do a proper review for it.

That and it could be he was told that this movie is what The Escapist wanted him to review as well or even Rosewater was "meh" which is what I have been hearing from different reviews I read and that doesn't make an interesting review if there are other things that bring out more emotion.

I saw it at an early showing and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I don't know what he means when he says that no one in the movie had any energy. Both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels did some great work and they still have pretty good chemistry. It's miles better than Neighbors or other recent comedies. (I haven't seen 22 Jump Street so I can't compare that to this). So, yeah, watched the original before I went to it and I thought it was a worthy successor.

"Zombeavers", huh?

Are we finally out of things to make zombies out of?

Can this fad finally DIE?

Cheap cash ins?
Whoa, whoa....slow down there bob.
Lion King 1 1/2 is much funnier than Lion King. Sure, it has no drama, but sometimes one just wants to see a funny movie.

I'm so sorry you had to do this Bob.

Blood Brain Barrier:

SilverUchiha:
I'm not really a Jim Carey fan

Heh. The idea of anyone being a "Jim Carrey fan" made me chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm a big Jim Carrey fan". I'm trying but I really just can't imagine anyone ever saying that.

But... I AM a big Jim Carrey fan... :(

OT: So, in other words... I would like this movie only because of the interactions between Jim and Jeff... but, more so because of Harry's daughter when she gets screen time?

Well, I know what I'm watching on my birthday... Better this than Grumpy Cat...

chikusho:
I wonder.. Will I love this film or won't I? Almost every time Moviebob does a negative review, I end up loving the film. Like somehow we have a juxtaposed opposite taste. However, this seems, like, very bad. I shall explore this paradox and report back to scientists!

Depends, do you like really silly comedies that don't even try to pretend that comedies are about anything other than making people laugh? Are you able to suspend your disbelief when people in comedies not only do incredibly stupid things but do it constantly throughout the entire movie? If your answer to those questions is yes, then you will like it, if not, you won't, simple as that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here