Uncivil War: Yahtzee Eats His Mustard

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Yahtzee Eats His Mustard

Yahtzee delivers on his promise.

Watch Video

I guess it's a good thing Jim won, then, or we might not have had a concession speech on here.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that that's out of the way, good on Yahtzee. The man has balls of solid brass, polished to the nth degree.

I was not aware Jim was leaving the Escapist; for anyone else who missed the news, I did a bit of digging and found this thread.

Ah well, it was a decent poem, and while I'll miss the insults between the two hopefully Yahtzee can pick up a new series to do. Maybe bring his Let's Plays over to the Escapist?

But what kind of English mustard was it, mild or hot? I remember the first and last time I ever tried hot English mustard, I spent 20 minutes wondering what the fuck I'd put into my mouth.

Captcha - I think so
(captcha wants to kinow as well)

Aw, I was kind of hoping Uncivil War would be continued on your respective Youtube channels. You guys made for a great double act.

Oh man, this had been one of the best new installments. Great final episode. Ben's a-game as usual.

Oh God, even I started to gag when Yahtzee took that first spoonful. Thank God someone was there (girlfriend or wife?) to help him get back on track. Excellent job on this poem, Mr. Crowshaw. Now I really miss Rhymedown Spectacular.

Strong finish by Yahtzee here, well done sir!

I hope you and Jim can figure some manner of collaboration, like a continuation of these battles, in the future. As they've been most enjoyable.

I'm gonna miss this theme song.

...and the competitions, yeah, but mostly the theme song.

Oh man! I've never seen a brutal mustard shot before. And fun little poem Yatzhee. Shame there won't be any more fights. But hey, you can always do a video podcast with Jim on his channel and play games there!

Also is English mustard spicier than American mustard?

Silentpony:

English mustard is very hot, as far as mustards go, but Nergui is saying there's more than one kind, and I don't know the particular brand he ate.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Silentpony:

English mustard is very hot, as far as mustards go, but Nergui is saying there's more than one kind, and I don't know the particular brand he ate.

The mustards most commonly used in accross Europe aren't hot in the same way a pepper is hot. But they have a horse-radish type flare like in wasabi. It burns the back of your nasal cavity more than your mouth. There are different mustards but in general they are often very strong (much moreso than any mustard I've had at an any American deli). Small amounts until you get used how it feels. :)

They have basic "yellow" mustard too, but it is less commonly used and - in my experience - more difficult to find at the store. Haha

Edit: While I'm not personally familiar with mustards in England, I am with those of continental Europe. Anyone with different experiences, feel free. :)

Will this show be continued?
Maybe Yahtzee against MovieBob or MiracleOfSound or maybe against Graham and Paul?

Good show, wish there was more of it.

That poem was nothing short of excellent!

A farewell ode, it turns out.

Given Sterling's love of doing last second things designed for gifs, I'm glad Yahtzee did the same, and unlike with Jim it was genuinely surprising. A nice poem, too, especially that lovely final line.

Nergui:
But what kind of English mustard was it, mild or hot? I remember the first and last time I ever tried hot English mustard, I spent 20 minutes wondering what the fuck I'd put into my mouth.

Captcha - I think so

He was eating MasterFoods brand English Mustard (it's an Australian brand), which comes in Mild and Hot varieties, as Nergui said. However, the Mild version has a large blue oval on its label, which is not present on the jar he was holding. So, it was Hot English Mustard. Eesh.

Silentpony:

Yes. A thousand times yes. It's a punch in the face that you can eat. It's like getting pepper sprayed in the face while simultaneously breathing in tear gas. It's wasabi on bath salts.

And, judging from Yahtzee's reaction, it appears to have the ability to replace memories of fat jokes with searing-hot pain.

(And was that a female, American-accented voice I heard prompting him? o_O)

vagabondwillsmile:

Thunderous Cacophony:

Silentpony:

The mustards most commonly used in accross Europe aren't hot in the same way a pepper is hot. But they have a horse-radish type flare like in wasabi. It burns the back of your nasal cavity more than your mouth. There are different mustards but in general they are often very strong (much moreso than any mustard I've had at an any American deli). Small amounts until you get used how it feels. :)

They have basic "yellow" mustard too, but it is less commonly used and - in my experience - more difficult to find at the store. Haha

Edit: While I'm not personally familiar with mustards in England, I am with those of continental Europe. Anyone with different experiences, feel free. :)

This, pretty much. Horse-radish-like is the best way to define it. It hits harder and doesn't "burn" the same way as traditional pepper-like spices. Also, American mustard is sweet in comparison to most you can buy from European varieties. It's kind of like how American mayo is way more greasy and shape-retaining then most of the stuff overseas. (I'd also like to say that it tastes like shit in comparison, but that's probably because I grew up over said seas and prefer that version)
Just wanted to post this to say you're pretty spot-on. Also, horse-radish is the bees knees when I want a nice kick to my nostrils. That stuff with dark rye, whew.

Good show, Yahtzee! :D

I'm glad ya went and did this even though Jim is leaving. Don't know if you'll ever get the taste of that "mustard & defeat" out of your mind now that ya may not get to go against Jim again (at least not here), but you know what they say.

The best revenge is living well.

Thank God for Jim and thank you, Yahtzee! =w= b (<- Thumbs up face)

LenticularHomicide:

Nergui:

Captcha - I think so

He was eating MasterFoods brand English Mustard (it's an Australian brand), which comes in Mild and Hot varieties, as Nergui said. However, the Mild version has a large blue oval on its label, which is not present on the jar he was holding. So, it was Hot English Mustard. Eesh.

Silentpony:

Yes. A thousand times yes. It's a punch in the face that you can eat. It's like getting pepper sprayed in the face while simultaneously breathing in tear gas. It's wasabi on bath salts.

And, judging from Yahtzee's reaction, it appears to have the ability to replace memories of fat jokes with searing-hot pain.

(And was that a female, American-accented voice I heard prompting him? o_O)

If you watch his videos on YouTube, he says he has a girlfriend currently, I presume that's her, and can only wonder what a (presumably) adult woman thinks of this kind of thing!

number2301:
If you watch his videos on YouTube, he says he has a girlfriend currently, I presume that's her, and can only wonder what a (presumably) adult woman thinks of this kind of thing!

That so? Well, I'm happy for him. As for the second part, I'd imagine it's either baffled acceptance, or enthusiastic involvement such as TotalBiscuit seems to enjoy(?) from his spouse, Genna Bain.

(On that note, what is it with the English game reviewers I follow finding American significant others?
Jim "Fucking" Sterling(, fils), TotalBiscuit, now Yahtzee? And Yahtzee isn't even in America!)

I could never imagine Yahtzee having someone else in his house. I always thought he's psychopathic or something

I enjoyed the transition from the "I got this" phase to yelling "prompt!" every second line after the big spoonful of mustard. And Yahtzee kills it with the poem too (that's why the Rhymedown Spectacular was renamed I Think Yahtzee Won This Week), shame that he isn't that good at playing video games and rightfully lost to the not-so-lean, mean, Jim Machine.

JenSeven:
Maybe Yahtzee against MovieBob or MiracleOfSound or maybe against Graham and Paul?

Hear, hear. Personally I'd love Graham and/or Paul or even someone else from the LRR crew who's more intensively competitive and not afraid to hit below the belt with the banter (look what I'm saying is: Kathleen plox!). Just not MovieBob, there's plenty of his stuff already and quite honestly I'm not a big fan.

If you've watched Yahtzee's "Let's drown out" I can't help but feel this was made on purpouse with a "I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend and yes, it's an actual girl" intention, which made it even funnier.

JenSeven:

It was said already that no shows with Jim would continue to be on the Escapist. Asimilar might be created, but not "Univil war"

Yeah, they need to do these for one or both of their YouTube channels. This series was too good to just let it die.

Respect to Yahtzee for actually going through with this. It looked ... unpleasant :)

In the context of Jim leaving the Escapist, it's almost heartwarming as a tribute to the man.

In the context of the last Uncivil War however, it's fucking hysterical. I just love seeing the normally dignified Yahtzee reduced to a gagging mess by one spoonful of mustard, and the poem was funny as well.

I'm going to miss this show. I can only hope in time they find a way to keep it going.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I was not aware Jim was leaving the Escapist; for anyone else who missed the news, I did a bit of digging and found this thread.

Ah well, it was a decent poem, and while I'll miss the insults between the two hopefully Yahtzee can pick up a new series to do. Maybe bring his Let's Plays over to the Escapist?

Yahtzee has thusfar ridiculed the idea of monetizing his Let's Drown Outs, so I don't really see this happening.

TheYeIIowDucK:
I could never imagine Yahtzee having someone else in his house. I always thought he's psychopathic or something

He has his friend Gabe over once a week for his Let's Drown Out series, and he's also mentioned having a girlfriend (and considering that there's a female voice in the background, it's probably her). Also, on LDO, Gabe frequently calls Yahtzee some variation of "Neurotic Autistic Weirdo." I think that's what you were thinking of instead of psychopathic.

Rudyard Kipling would be proud.

No more uncivil war? Will it be on his channel? Will it be on Yahtzee's channel? Is it no more? Aww...

LenticularHomicide:

number2301:

That so? Well, I'm happy for him. As for the second part, I'd imagine it's either baffled acceptance, or enthusiastic involvement such as TotalBiscuit seems to enjoy(?) from his spouse, Genna Bain.

(On that note, what is it with the English game reviewers I follow finding American significant others?
Jim "Fucking" Sterling(, fils), TotalBiscuit, now Yahtzee? And Yahtzee isn't even in America!)

Hey, if I could find a moderately hot British chick to hang around with me, I'd probably marry her too. So I don't blame the American women for liking them accents overseas.

Also remember, Brooke Lawson aka Dodger is rooming with Sam Thorne aka Strippin as well.

Reading the comments i understand that european mustard is somehow hotter than others? Being an European, thats pretty much the only mustard we got. in university we used to do challenges of who can put more mustard on a hotdog and still eat it without crying (yeah, mustard really releases tears). i guess if american mustard is 100 times weaker as the comments claim its kinda pointless to eat it at all. i mean the reason we put mustard on is because it is hot.

My experience with English mustard is that it is a sweet mustard with a ton of horseradish in it (which is closely related to wasabi, and they have similar flavour). So basically it's like eating tear gas.

Or at least that's what stuff that's branded as English mustard is like around here.

Nice touch on going back to Rhymedown Spectacular for this winners poem.
Well done mr. Croshaw.

And once again: Good luck to mr. Sterling!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here