Unskippable: Drakengard 3 - Oh God, There's So Much Blood

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Drakengard 3 - Oh God, There's So Much Blood

Also, it's a bad day to be a narrator.

Watch Video

Oh, I remember this game.

KEEP GOING

People deserve to know how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Tara Platt as main character VA...****ING SOLD!

So, since we killed the narrator, does that mean we can kill anyone in the midst of conversation? She sounds like the right character to do it with.

These Japanese games make for the best unskippables. They are on a level of crazy that is hard to master.
Also, I think someone used the trailer as an intro cinematic there. Lazy devs....

So is she the good guy or the bad guy?

"What? What's going on? Sorry I'm late, I'm a dragon, hello!" Killed me, as did the narrator FINALLY getting killed in one of these.

I suppose a part 2 is too much to hope for?

Unskippable does the final cutscene from Drakengard 1. It'll be short :D

I don't think the dragon's breathing helium. It seems to be breathing hydrogen. The sound is very similar. Also, how did you think fiery breath worked?

Now for a follow up I'd like to see someone play the Branch D final "boss" on the twitch stream. Just as a reference as to whether or not you'd be cursing the developers as much as I was.

Whatever the quality of the actual game, stabbing the narrator in the middle of him prattling on is the coolest thing I've seen a game in a long time.

man, how many intros does this game have?

This was an especially weird episode from a Japanese game, weirder still to watch on the bus to work. Oh well, better that than the office.
Funniest lines for me were "Who gave the dragon helium?" and the joy of killing the narrator. But this opening cutscene with the flash forwards failed at the prime task of a game's opening cutscene: letting me know what in the everliving FUCK is going on!

Ohhh yeaaahhh-(killed by crazy flower lady)

Lots of games end their prologue with the narrator turning out to be telling a story to the other characters, but this is the only one where the narrator is murdered before he finishes.

The other four Narrators who protect the world through the power of exposition are not going to like this... She will feel the wrath of Movie Narrator and Dragon Ball Z Narrator.

I realize it's old and not voiced, but I would love to see you guys do the intro to Wild Arms 3, including the opening to Virginia's chapter.

Well, that's a good way to make players pay attention to growling-old-man-narrator #19423. I can think of a few other games where I wouldn't mind the game opening with the protagonist killing the narrator.

The only other game I can think of that did something like this was Evil Genius, where your bond-villain protagonist murders the tutorial-giver once she has "outlived her usefulness", i.e. at the end of the tutorial.

josh4president:
Oh, I remember this game.

KEEP GOING

People deserve to know how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Second that; it looks really pretty, and it sounds like there's a wealth of jokes to be had.

Also, expecting six sisters to get along? I've seen three of them go at each other with kitchen supplies during an argument about grilled cheese; we should be grateful that the worst they're doing is fighting some cosmic battle for the sake of the planet.

Did anyone else find this confusing and random as hell?

It kind of started of as an intro but then it become one of those game trailer but then intro and the narrator was killed and blah!

Also the white cloths girl remind me of Weiss from RWBY.

Oh, wow. Just started this game on a friend's console. What are the chances?

I have no clue what I just watched, but I think I might need to get this game now. I do remember Jim's review of it, but I'd never seen any actual footage or anything so it kinda fell off my radar.

castlewise:
So is she the good guy or the bad guy?

Yes.

First Asura's Wrath, and now this. Seems like Unskippable's been doing a lot of games I like recently :p

So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction? I ask because seeing countless mooks horribly slaughtered is one thing and common enough in games, but if they're horribly slaughtered for good then it's alright, I guess. Yet, if they're horribly slaughtered for evil, then it isn't. That's how that works, right?

Skeleon:
So, is all that talk about peace and justice and happiness the other five intoners brought just propaganda or do you actually play as a murderous demon-lady with a fire-breathing behemoth, sowing death and destruction?

Yes and yes.

It's complicated, but the short of it is that most every belligerent is correct.

crimson5pheonix:
Yes and yes.

It's complicated, but the short of it is that most every belligerent is correct.

...can I play as a third party who fights both groups to actually fix stuff rather than replace one evil with another? I'm guessing not.

Skeleon:

crimson5pheonix:
Yes and yes.

...can I play as a third party who fights both groups to actually fix stuff rather than replace one evil with another? I'm guessing not.

Well no, your character is saving the world. Through excessive sex and violence. Your character is actually a force for the good of the world. Of course, you don't learn the full of this until right before the fourth ending.

This game is odd. It's all the things I usually run away from. But... Blimey, it's such a trip. And above all, it made me care.

It was a strange experience, worlds away from my usual haunts. But damn it, Zero & C:o, those were good times.

It's also a good general survival device. If a swearing, sword-swining angel with an entourage of weirdoes arrives to storm the office, well... Keep out of her way.

This insanity clearly needs at least one more episode.
Seriously... what where these guys THINKING?!!! :D

Worst/funniest part; Awesome dragon sounds like a 2 year old soprano singer got kicked in the balls.

Kenjitsuka:
Worst/funniest part; Awesome dragon sounds like a 2 year old soprano singer got kicked in the balls.

There's actually two Dragons in the game trailer. The "Awesome" one that you see in the trailer but doesn't speak (Michael) has a more gruff/serious voice, while the other one that you only hear at the beginning but don't see (Mikhail) sounds like a 2-year old (and to be fair, he IS only a few years old.)

Aeshi:

Kenjitsuka:

There's actually two Dragons in this game. The "Awesome" one that you see in the trailer but doesn't speak (Michael) has a more gruff/serious voice, while the other one that you only hear at the beginning but don't see (Mikhail) sounds like a 2-year old (and to be fair, he IS only a few years old.)

There are three dragons. Don't forget Gabriel.

crimson5pheonix:

Technically five, counting Zophiel & Ezrael as well. I probably should've said "In the Trailer" shouldn't I?

Aeshi:

crimson5pheonix:

Technically five, counting Zophiel & Ezrael as well. I probably should've said "In the Trailer" shouldn't I?

True. Too bad they only show up in one fight each if I remember right.

Bloodshed, murder and dragons? This is a Drakengard game, alright... still, the bit about actually murdering the narrator threw me for a loop there.

"Don't bring a sword to the dragonfight"
My all RPG characters who have met dragons beg to differ
But I agree that spear would be more practical

Also you should watch your language.
I know, poking at someone that isn't like you is fun
But even best jokes can't overshadow that Paul is kinda racist
Just because someone happened to be born with bigger body, scaled skin, wings and ability to exhale fire doesn't mean he is worse than you or me.

P.S. Graham is almost racist.

A moment of silence for the narrator... only pov cutscenes now, I hope.

Also I loved the intoner joke

Too bad they couldn't have gotten that nonsense when she regrows a new body out of the flower blossom growing out of her own eyeball.

...What an odd-looking game.

"Don't bring a sword to a dragon fight"
...unless you live in Skyrim.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook