Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Did the people who put best review ever, even watch it?

Soulkiller3:

Yeah, and now I'm going to watch it second time.

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

And this time actually pay attention to portions other than the arse gravitating in your face.

Didn't really work. The review seemed to be more bashing the game in theory than in function. He only referenced it in what could happen, rather than what does happen - the engine will never allow you to fall through the 3D plane, most people choose to dress with some flair (I dress up like Jamie Hynemann) and using actual search parameters you can find some real gems quite easily.

Was that the sound from "Ring" at the end? Scary pants!

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

And this time actually pay attention to portions other than the arse gravitating in your face.

Uh. Yeah.

Not much to say about a platformer, though. Like Yahtzee said, it's from point hay to bee, jumping and...jumping.

Unless you shoot people thar. Which you don't :/

We have the same taste in house design I see

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

Uh. Yeah.

Not much to say about a platformer, though. Like Yahtzee said, it's from point hay to bee, jumping and...jumping.

Yeah you do.

Maybe you should know about a game before you talk about it.

Eagle Est1986:
Oh wow, wasn't expecting it to be this. I think he liked it, it's hard to tell.

I think it was an undecided. He thought the editing tools were well done but (like me) would rather play a normal game with content made by actual developers. At least thats what I got out of the review.

All meh until the pants and eyes. That was... Umm... Special.

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

Uh. Yeah.

Yeah you do.

You shoot at people? In a kid-friendly game? Blasphemies.

Can't really say, though, as I only watched like 2 videos of the game, saw some screenshots and wasn't "wowed".

Am I the only one who laughed when it went from the creepy clip of the boxer shorts to the advert for Unskippable?

Oh yes, and some of his lines on the subject of the economic crisis seen to be taken from Charlie Brooker somewhat. Or maybe that's just me jumping to conclusions.

StarryXNights:
Today's episode contained more bile than usual and didn't include such fast conversation. Personally I think Yahtzee has finally lost the plot, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe it's just me, but the reviews always feel more substantial and longer when he speaks more slowly. And it wasn't really bile filled. He likes the game, he loves Stephen Fry (hem hem) and he thinks the game content is good. His only problem was with user generated content, which he doesn't blame the game for. He in fact congratulates the mods on their work deleting anything worthless.

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

Uh. Yeah.

Yeah you do.

Can't really say, though, as I only watched like 2 videos of the game, saw some screenshots and wasn't "wowed".

With a paintball gun. Enemies are built with sensors that make them break down after being shot.

The pants and eyes combo was ever so slightly un-nerving. Referring to the review, it seems that anyone would have trouble talking a lot about a game that seems, to me at least, a little insubstantial.

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

Uh. Yeah.

Yeah you do.

With a paintball gun. Enemies are built with sensors that make them break down after being shot.

Sounds entertaining.

*cough cough*

So... do you do anything else in the game?

Awesome review! That googly eyes on the ass was pretty funny, I couldn't stop laughing! Also the chocolate bit was funny lol

I actually quite enjoy LBP but there is an obvious issue around how much garbage usermade content is out there. Some of it just should never been uploaded.

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Indigo_Dingo:

Abedeus:

Soulkiller3:

Uh. Yeah.

Yeah you do.

Sounds entertaining.

*cough cough*

So... do you do anything else in the game?

Pilot zepplins through the stars, swing over firey pits, engage in stealth activities, work out puzzles, be flung about by the physics engine, ride trains, drive cars, fly, play sudoku, pinball, baketball and tic-tac-toe against a computer, swim through underwater mazes dragging a key...yeah, a fair amount.

The question now becomes, what can you do in any other game?

Despite what the text says at the end the ranking system really does work well.. and where are these amazing naruto levels :o

I'm pretty sure those boxers were some kind of demon...

These are always so much stinking fun to watch! I love these reviews! And this one was certainly not a let-down! Very funny stuff!

Indigo_Dingo:
Didn't really work. The review seemed to be more bashing the game in theory than in function. He only referenced it in what could happen, rather than what does happen - the engine will never allow you to fall through the 3D plane, most people choose to dress with some flair (I dress up like Jamie Hynemann) and using actual search parameters you can find some real gems quite easily.

Yes, but you wouldn't like the review unless he declared it the holy messiah, ie. agreed with you. That would rather defeat the point of a review though. Anyway, since it's just your word against his, I believe him. He hasn't shown anything like the same fanboy tendencies as you, as much as you like to whine about him doing so.

Yes, to my dismay, plans for LBA3 were scrapped a few years ago. Not enough hype I guess.
Long before free-roaming, Twinsen had cars, boats, even a dragon, jetpacks and flying saucers to traverse the great cosmos. Pretty neat for a game so old it initialy came out on a bunch of floppy discs. Suck on that GTA.

Eh well, on to the actual release.
I myself do not own Little Big Planet. I was part of the beta, and I liked a bunch of the user created stuff that was made. But that was for a relatively small crowd of people, and still many levels were blank, not working, or just plain dumb. Now release the game to the general public and see what happens. I'm afraid the entire user content sphere will be utterly minged, removing much of the fun from the game. Hence I hesitate to buy the game.

I heard they were going to fix the problem with the dimension-switching mechanisms sometime soon. I'm not going to buy LBP before that either. The whole "I'll jump somewhere inconvenient without you wanting me to"-crap annoys the heck out of me.

Geo Da Sponge:

Indigo_Dingo:

Yes, but you wouldn't like the game unless he declared it the holy messiah, ie. agreed with you. That would rather defeat the point of a review though. Anyway, since it's just your word against his, I believe him. He hasn't shown anything like the same fanboy tendencies as you, as much as you like to whine about him doing so.

No, he's shown the "everything in life is awful, so live in a state of pure misery" tendencies.

beddo:
It's really annoying to see so many posts by people who must immediately proclaim that they agree with Yahtzee.

Why?

For all you know, they might?

Something I always felt that LBP can really start using more are the character enhancements. So far we have the jetpacks and, if you bought the MGS pack, the paintinator, which for the uninitiated is just a paintball gun. I'm sure there are some other awesome character enhancements the game could eventually have, and Media Molecule should continue to create more levels themselves for maximum awesome.

For some reason I couldn't help but laugh at the "ho ho ho *****" and the part where he spits in his friend's face. And the ass eyes well...eek. But yeah, LBP has some great levels....that get modded and all the others are just simply "littlebig[insert name here]", music levels or free **** levels

Nice ass.

Btw, I'm a young philippino boy

CrafterMan:

beddo:
It's really annoying to see so many posts by people who must immediately proclaim that they agree with Yahtzee.

Why?

For all you know, they might?

These are people without the game, so they aren't entitled to the opinions he goes over in this (i.e. they have no idea what the content is like, they have no idea what the controls are like, so on and so forth)

Indigo_Dingo:

Geo Da Sponge:

Indigo_Dingo:

Yes, but you wouldn't like the game unless he declared it the holy messiah, ie. agreed with you. That would rather defeat the point of a review though. Anyway, since it's just your word against his, I believe him. He hasn't shown anything like the same fanboy tendencies as you, as much as you like to whine about him doing so.

No, he's shown the "everything in life is awful, so live in a state of pure misery" tendencies.

Yes, and that's why he's given a shining review of many games in his time. I meam he doesn't even particularly dislike LBP from what I heard. Certainly, he enjoyed the pre-made content that the game came with. He even complemented the mods on deleting stuff that isn't any good, and describing how he liked the level editor itself.

You're like any number of fanboys who will complain when their favourite game gets 'only' a 9 out of 10.

i bought this game because i wanted to design some levels and play multiplayer... how sorry i was. It's nearly impossible to make anything original and even if you do it has a strange tendency just to seem very boring and gimmicky, not only that but no one wanted to play with me for some reason. And the story is interesting and creative but deep down its not very original, and it gets annoying because the control can be sticky

Whew, thank goodness for user made content. When the review "ended" and the pants-dance started and I saw there were still about 3 minutes to go in the video, I was very scared...

This pretty much sums up my feeling of Little Big Planet.

I've been down with the sniffles, but this has definitely brightened up my week.

Oh yeah, shake that googly-eyed booty.

Good review, too.

User made content isn't that bad. If you're the kind of person who likes to stay with a game for a while before moving on, UMC should be something of a plus. I think mods created for games like the later Elder Scrolls games greatly enhance gameplay experience, although quality is generally varied.

That bum dance was just so amazingly Charlie Brooker, I beginig to wonder if Yahtzee is just directly plagiarizing him now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)