The Escapist Presents: Film Festival: Spaceman

Film Festival: Spaceman

A mockumentary looking into the sad and cringey life of a wannabe pro gamer, and winner of an Escapist Film Festival Honorable Mention.

Watch Video

This is awesome :) very funny, great video!

Its alright, just seems to be ripped off Pure Pwnage (almost a parody); but if I hadn't already seen something similar I'd be singing praises right now.

D_987:
Its alright, just seems to be ripped off Pure Pwnage (almost a parody); but if I hadn't already seen something similar I'd be singing praises right now.

Ah, I helped to write and make this, and in all honesty, I've never seen Pure Pwnage so I didn't know that lol. Oh well..

Yes we had never seen Pure Pwnage before writing this, i actually saw it for the first time the other day and didn't find it funny at all

Oh my God; 'the friend' looks like me

/applaud

When he started talking about training to beat noobs that did remind me of pure pwnage, though this one seems a lot farther "out-there" than Jeremy has ever been (except when he played World of Warcraft), which was pretty funny. Hope to see more.

Trying to knock down pure pwnage in the forum doesn't make your film any better, it just makes you seem desperate. The escapist obviously thinks your film is good, just take that FWIW.

Haha i know where you are coming from, I didn't want to come across as desperate by trying to make us stand above everyone else. That's why I didn't say what I thought of it, but now I will say i thought it was alright, had some funny things in the one I saw anyway.

Though posting this comment covering us seems desperate.. lol

This was all kinds of terrible. I know it's meant to be amateur hour, but there's no excuse for this being anywhere near honourable mentions.

Nerdfury:
This was all kinds of terrible. I know it's meant to be amateur hour, but there's no excuse for this being anywhere near honourable mentions.

Could you be more specific, what was it that you didn't like. The humour, the acting, the quality?

Wow, this was just... drab. It's poorly written, plain and simple. The acting is OK, but it gave me the feeling that I was watching a reality show, the acting was good enough to fool me but what they were saying held no sway over me. I mean, making fun of 'pro gamers' is easy, but doing it well, and not in a way that hasn't been done yet in the seventeen thousand webcomics out there, is not, and I think you guys didn't even meet the 'easy' part of it.

I like how the friend is called 'the friend', though.

OMFG! your kidding right?! IM SpAc3man and I'm a Green Day fan AND I have that exact same Simpsons poster in my room. At least that dude is nothing like me

Ugh, unfortunately, I know a few people like that, so watching that was just painful

I have an instant dislike of everyone in that video.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here