Escapist Podcast: 168: The Witcher 3 Sexy Time

168: The Witcher 3 Sexy Time

This week, we discuss post-apocalyptic cosplay and LEGO. We also talk about The Witcher 3 sex scenes, some FCC changes regarding broadband, and an interesting scientific discovery.

Watch Video

Are there any plans to change the layout of the overlay for the video version of the podcast, for having the remote members as a small icon and if there is more then one person remotely you only see a person when they are talking. The layout you have worked well for me when watching a person play a game, but when watching a podcast I feel my self focusing on the person that is talking and when they are in a small box in the corner it feels like a waste.

Sanunes:
Are there any plans to change the layout of the overlay for the video version of the podcast, for having the remote members as a small icon and if there is more then one person remotely you only see a person when they are talking. The layout you have worked well for me when watching a person play a game, but when watching a podcast I feel my self focusing on the person that is talking and when they are in a small box in the corner it feels like a waste.

Yes, it's something I've had my mind on already since we plan to have more call-in, but the first goal was to just get everything back up and running.

Slycne:

Sanunes:

Yes, it's something I've had my mind on already since we plan to have more call-in, but the first goal was to just get everything back up and running.

I notice quite a bit of dead space in the upper left corner, so maybe duplicating the pip-box for a second display up there. the only other option I can think of is like almost a split-screen type layout, but even with 2 people at the table either you would have to pull the shot back, or move people closer together, but that would maybe cause to much noise pollution from having mics to close together.

it might be something that you would have to test internally.

OT: this podcast got into creepy territory very quickly, and much of it had to do with segues from C.J. taken to even darker places by John.

gardian06:
OT: this podcast got into creepy territory very quickly, and much of it had to do with segues from C.J. taken to even darker places by John.

It was a collaborative effort. Yay teamwork!

Slycne:

Fair enough.

I can't believe the definition of "Broadband" is 40Mb down and 10Mb up.
In NZ you're lucky to get 4Mb down and 2Mb up.
And those are the most expensive plans too, although I understand there's one ISP around here that has a "Pro Gamer" package or something that gets about 5Mb/2Mb Down/Up, but even that plan has a cap and there's a bunch of crap extras on it too.

Kohen Keesing:
And those are the most expensive plans too, although I understand there's one ISP around here that has a "Pro Gamer" package or something that gets about 5Mb/2Mb Down/Up, but even that plan has a cap and there's a bunch of crap extras on it too.

it's 25 mega bits a second, you are talking bits right? (on the computer you only measure bytes) sorry just trying to clear. not assuming you don't know the difference.

Also that sucks.

In the UK while much smaller it's also very densely populated so it costs a lot to lay cable (like a million quid a mile)

Kohen Keesing:

I visited NZ last year, which, I must add, is the most consistently beautiful country I ever seen. That said, I was shocked by the internet quality and how expensive games were there. It didn't seem like the average internet connection would allow for most multiplayer games or high quality movie streaming from services like Netflix. Is that your experience?

Hoplon:

it's 25 mega bits a second, you are talking bits right? (on the computer you only measure bytes) sorry just trying to clear. not assuming you don't know the difference.

Also that sucks.

In the UK while much smaller it's also very densely populated so it costs a lot to lay cable (like a million quid a mile)

Yes I mean bits. It's fair enough to assume, the vast majority of people have no idea there is a difference, but I personally have just been doing a Degree in Comp Sci at the local Institute, so I know the specifics of much more than most.

s0osleepie:

I visited NZ last year, which, I must add, is the most consistently beautiful country I ever seen. That said, I was shocked by the internet quality and how expensive games were there. It didn't seem like the average internet connection would allow for most multiplayer games or high quality movie streaming from services like Netflix. Is that your experience?

You have nooooooo idea. Video streaming here is alright, might take a couple minutes for a 1080p youtube video, but nah, multiplayer with less than about 200 ping is rare. I personally don't get less than 400. The exceptions being when using stuff like Tunngle to play multiplayer, but servers for popular games and consoles are real bad here. Most people I know with PCs therefore mostly play games like Minecraft and other direct-connection indies.

Streaming's a hazard too. Even if your processor can deal with the streaming, good bloody luck tryna actually upload a 1440p without it coming out at about a third the size.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here