Frozen Handegg

Frozen Handegg

More like BROZEN CORTEXT. Brotex. Corbro? Brozo? Whatever.

Read Full Article

TopazFusion:
I hope Erin doesn't make a habit of peeking under toilet cubical doors...

Suuuuuure you do. We all believe you.

This strip makes me wanna replay Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe. Now there was a fun sportball vidja gaem.

Erin is just upset because there wasn't a trigger warning that the game would have people sportsing.

I've never even heard of this game until now, but it's getting great reviews. Is it similar to Blood Bowl?

I didn't know people even knew about Mode 7 outside of TB and my mate and me. Glad to see them getting some love, they are some damn good designers.

Trigger alert: sports content.

So have people really gotten this bad about sports in gaming?

You know Erin, you could just ignore the genres that you don't care about rather than deride and pressure your friends to stop playing them for your sake... Oh wait, that'd be out of character. :D

TopazFusion:

Well of course she will. She's an obnoxious smartass, and the punchline of this strip consistantly revolves around her being a total asshole to the people around her. So yeah, she's going to keep hounding her "friends" until they feel compelled to hide in a stall to get away from her crazy ass, because you know, lulz, that's apparently funny or something.

Not sure how they can not say this is not a sports game. In the Launch Trailer at 1:09 it say's (LORNE'S SPORTS BOOK).

Case solved.

Crap! Why didn't they warn me there would be sports in this web comic? Now I need to get vaccinated. It's not contagious is it? I should return home, lest I get some of it on my co-workers. Then again, maybe they already have it, those lying bastards! That's it! I'm quitting. Better safe than sorry.

I played a sports game once, I realised 20 minutes in I was holding a coors light and had a popped collar. The weirdest part was I wasn't wearing a collared shirt

Happyninja42:

TopazFusion:

Well of course she will. She's an obnoxious smartass, and the punchline of this strip consistantly revolves around her being a total asshole to the people around her. So yeah, she's going to keep hounding her "friends" until they feel compelled to hide in a stall to get away from her crazy ass, because you know, lulz, that's apparently funny or something.

They sure stretched that joke to the breaking point, didn't they?

Sports games are the gateway drug. Maybe you think you're stronger than most. "It's okay," you tell yourself. "I can stop playing Madden whenever I want."

Then, before you know it, you're towel whipping strange men in a locker room for your next fix.

Edit: Really enjoyed this one bee-tee-double-you.

Ughh, sports. People should really keep their kinks to themselves.

The problem with sports is that watching them is boring; playing them is fine (if you avoid brain damage). Sports games are perfect party games if they're not made to be boring as shit.

The Wooster:
Frozen Handegg

More like BROZEN CORTEXT. Brotex. Corbro? Brozo? Whatever.

Read Full Article

Why didn't you put a warning in there that it was a link to a Critical Miss strip? That seriously triggered me, man.

Ihateregistering1:
I've never even heard of this game until now, but it's getting great reviews. Is it similar to Blood Bowl?

In the sense that it's a hyper-violent parody of an American sport, sure. Beyond that, the style of gameplay and setting are appreciably different from BB.

But if you don't disclose your relationship, how will I know that this webcomic designed for humor is completely ethical in its review of gaming products? I make all my major consumer decisions based on archaic interpretations of your comics with the help of I Ching coins and blood magic.

But seriously, I love sports games with twists. I used to play an old MSDOS game called Grave Yardage, which was American football as played by monsters, and the ball was a giant eyeball with wings that would flap around if you fumbled it.

Once again, i seem to have completely missed the joke.
I'm not even sure there is supposed to be one.

nyysjan:

Stereotypically, only "bro" types play sports games, so Erin's making fun of them.

WhiteTigerShiro:

nyysjan:

Stereotypically, only "bro" types play sports games, so Erin's making fun of them.

I am unfamiliar with the stereotype.
Also, still not funny.

Meh, guess it's just one of those things that i won't get (like audiobooks for non visually impaired).

Darth_Payn:

Happyninja42:

TopazFusion:

Well of course she will. She's an obnoxious smartass, and the punchline of this strip consistently revolves around her being a total asshole to the people around her. So yeah, she's going to keep hounding her "friends" until they feel compelled to hide in a stall to get away from her crazy ass, because you know, lulz, that's apparently funny or something.

Funny, but I went through something almost like this
Me and my best friend were playing Minecraft
His girlfriend played part of Erin
She said similar things. We responded verbally but our eyes were glued to screens.
Her last line wasn't "Traitors", her last line strongly implied her craving to give my best friend a blowjob.
THAT caused us both to turn our heads towards her in almost synchronized fashion... for 10 sec then we returned to Minecraft.
She left room almost immediately.
Few moments later I said to my friend that he should go.
"Too early" was his response.
He went to her 2min later.
Bastard :D

What's the problem with Erin going in the gents? Her balls are huge enough.

blackrave:

Darth_Payn:

Happyninja42:

Well of course she will. She's an obnoxious smartass, and the punchline of this strip consistently revolves around her being a total asshole to the people around her. So yeah, she's going to keep hounding her "friends" until they feel compelled to hide in a stall to get away from her crazy ass, because you know, lulz, that's apparently funny or something.

She said similar things. We responded verbally but our eyes were glued to screens.
Her last line wasn't "Traitors", her last line strongly implied her craving to give my best friend a blowjob.
THAT caused us both to turn our heads towards her in almost synchronized fashion... for 10 sec then we returned to Minecraft.

If she was genuinely horny and trying to get her guy's attention to go screw, that's fine. But Erin's not planning on blowing either of those guys, she's just being a bitch.

Happyninja42:

blackrave:

Darth_Payn:

If she was genuinely horny and trying to get her guy's attention to go screw, that's fine. But Erin's not planning on blowing either of those guys, she's just being a bitch.

I don't think she was horny
I think that was attempt to get his attention

As for Erin, offering BJ would guarantee at least few seconds of genuine attention.

nyysjan:

WhiteTigerShiro:

nyysjan:

Also, still not funny.

Meh, guess it's just one of those things that i won't get (like audiobooks for non visually impaired).

Some people like listening to stories as they drive...?

Either I'm going senile or they changed the punch line.

BX3:

nyysjan:

WhiteTigerShiro:

Also, still not funny.

If they're driving, they should be concentrating on the road, not paying attention to what's happening to a bunch of imaginary people, put on some music or something that you can just ignore, and grab a proper book to read when you can actually concentrate on it (my opinion may be coloured by my habit of completely shutting of anything, and everything, else when i start reading a really good book).

I admit, my hostility to audio books is less than rational, it's closest to religious outrage i can manage, those things are just, wrong.

Someone should get the ESRB to modify their ratings system:

"Rated S for Sports"

nyysjan:

BX3:

nyysjan:

Also, still not funny.

If they're driving, they should be concentrating on the road, not paying attention to what's happening to a bunch of imaginary people, put on some music or something that you can just ignore, and grab a proper book to read when you can actually concentrate on it (my opinion may be coloured by my habit of completely shutting of anything, and everything, else when i start reading a really good book).

I admit, my hostility to audio books is less than rational, it's closest to religious outrage i can manage, those things are just, wrong.

You're right, your hostility is irrational. Because the amount of mental awareness it takes to pay attention to an audio book, is the same as it takes to listen to the radio, or carry on a conversation with someone in the car with you. It's not a big deal.

I liked the idea better when it was :

nyysjan:

Heh, heh. I'd venture calling it less than rational is like saying Ride To Hell was less than stellar. But you're aware, so I guess I can't hold gripes.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here