If Computers Acted Like They Do On TV

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If Computers Acted Like They Do On TV

If computers acted like they are portrayed on TV

Read Full Article

Yes. Yes...

Add more words. More words with every issue!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Point made part-way through the first panel; point rammed into the earth over the rest of the piece.

aka Hey Aaron, you left some art uncovered this week!

I know you are probably tired of hearing this, but that is a lot of words. I mean it's about 50/50 speach/draw ratio, and personally I don't consider that a good thing.
I am sure you could have done this one with far less words and delivered the exact same message.
Like how about

"What are you doing with a soldering iron and fireworks?"
"Rigging computers so they can be hacked and explode like on TV"
"Won't that damage them?"
"Nah, not unless they buy the Star trek version"

Probably missed part of the joke there somewhere, but hey you get the point.

HO-LEE SHEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Problem: Too many words
Solution: ADD MORE

I have to join the choir stating once again: too wordy.

Also this looks like a joke that was funny on the drawing board but it was axed by the execution (ooh, pun!) or just doesn't work.

I really don't want to come across as dickish, but these comics... they're just not that funny. Artwork is nice, the idea for the point is nice, the execution just botches it. Too verbose, no rhythm, no build-up, no punchline.

It feels like wasted potential, tbh.

Well, let's just say I was thinking the same thing the rest of the posters were thinking.

Whyyyyy

I don't really care about too much words to complain.
Loved the Photon Torpedo. Except they are impossible to simulate, even with all the explosives on the planet. So... Nerd complaint, I guess?

I thought it was a good joke.

Heh, so many people bitching about wordiness. Didn't bug me in the slightest. I wish computers really did work like this.

Also, I really enjoyed this one, especially the bit about waivers for simulated photon torpedo hits. I always wondered how many extras walked away missing patches of hair and with tiny burns on their faces.

I believe that the lack or realism in The Flash is flaw that must be dealt with immediately.

I thought it was pretty funny. Words don't bother me it turns out

Another good comic. the "too many words" brigade kinda reminds me of that scene from Mike Tyson's Mysteries; "Oh my god it goes on forever like this!"

And again FFN go rebel and defy the conventional notion of "Show, don't tell". Down with the oppression!

PS: *sarcasm alert*

PPS: Still, good one. Keep up the sense of humor.

Christ, they're taking up to 50% of the strip with the fucking wordswordswords... even CAD knew when to cut the verborrhea.

Too many word, not enough picture, blah de blah de dah.
I was actually surprised the strip went with the "sparks come out when its hacked" joke, when I was expecting the old standby of what they think "hacking" looks like on the screen. Just lines and lines of ASCII characters in green text, ignoring that the GUI was invented for a reason.

Everytime I read a FFN panel, I feel like I'm seeing a naturalization of living humor, a wild joke captured, put to sleep, dissected and detailed, organ by organ.

Then I have to reassemble the joke myself, in some sort of humor/ taxidermy work, before a smile comes to my face.

But by that time, even if it looks alive, even if every of its organs is now known to me, the joke is dead.

Eerie feeling.

Peregrin130:
Everytime I read a FFN panel, I feel like I'm seeing a naturalization of living humor, a wild joke captured, put to sleep, dissected and detailed, organ by organ.

Then I have to reassemble the joke myself, in some sort of humor/ taxidermy work, before a smile comes to my face.

But by that time, even if it looks alive, even if every of its organs is now known to me, the joke is dead.

Eerie feeling.

This.... is actually very similar to how I feel. I don't know if I get the eerie feeling, but the process is the same.

I liked the initial joke, but I'd swear these comics are almost subtly parodying themselves by this point. The comic hilariously sums up its recurring problem in the first panel:

Picture: Person using a soldering iron near bulging sacks from Crazy Ivan's Discount Roadside Fireworks Emporium and Lawn Mower Repair.

Text: Do I need to worry about why you're using a soldering iron near bulging sacks from Crazy Ivan's Discount Roadside Fireworks Emporium and Lawn Mower Repair.

That's either a brilliant bit of hater-baiting, or an astounding lack of self-awareness.

By the way and unrelatedly to this strip, shouldn't you have, as an official cartoonist for The Escapist, a personnalized avatar and title on these forums, Mr Williams ? Feels strange seeing you look like random anonymous posters such as myself. It's not as if you lacked in artistical expression, both image and (*snickers*) text...

It would be so freaking funny if the author made one of these with a literal wall of text just to really piss off people.

On the comic it self, so... there really isn't a way to make someones PC go 'pop' with some kind of software? Because I kind of hoped there was. Really wish some hacking was more like the PCmagic in TV and movies.

Ruisu:
It would be so freaking funny if the author made one of these with a literal wall of text just to really piss off people.

On the comic it self, so... there really isn't a way to make someones PC go 'pop' with some kind of software? Because I kind of hoped there was. Really wish some hacking was more like the PCmagic in TV and movies.

I think you could cause overheating problems or something, but afaik computers haven't exploded since Cathode Ray Tubes went out of style.

Corey Schaff:

I think you could cause overheating problems or something, but afaik computers haven't exploded since Cathode Ray Tubes went out of style.

I know it was during the CRT days but I saw sparks shoot out of a friends Packard Bell 1x CD drive.

Next issue should be nothing but words. In font size 8.

Serinanth:

Corey Schaff:

I know it was during the CRT days but I saw sparks shoot out of a friends Packard Bell 1x CD drive.

Yep, the older stuff was a lot more prone to fun little things like that.

One thing today that can be comparable is if a Laptop's Lithium Battery gets hot enough, it might ignite and catch on fire. It's very unlikely to happen, however.

I had a chuckle out of this, nice work guys I might check out your other comics too.

Somebody should take their comic of the week, replace all the text in the speech bubbles with "wordswordswordswords...", and embed it in the comment section.

Fantasy becoming reality is something I can get behind.

It explains why the ships in Star Trek carry thousands of people. No surge protectors on any of their equipment must mean a high staff turnover.

You know who would buy one of those computers? Mr. Torgue. In fact, as a representative of Torgue, I would like to welcome you guys on to the family! NOW GET TO WORK, ASS****S, TIME IS EXPLOSIONS!

I've been waiting for my computer to do this for years, where do I sign?

Christ, this was the worst one yet.
I think we need to abandon hope that this guy will ever listen to constructive criticism.
Hell, I doubt he even glances at these comments.

Remember kids: the way you get people to do what you want is to insult them in an attempt at long-distance bullying! Because nerds love that and will respond positively to it, for certain. c:

justmyopinion:
I love the fact that all the word-whiners think they are delivering "constructive criticism"
It couldn't possibly be that they are all ignorant, brain-dead, simps who are just too stupid to go away, but would rather continue trolling, right?

...nah.

Get it through your thick skulls: this is Aaron's style. He's been writing and drawing comics like this for years. if you don't like it, STFU already and go look at something else while you drool on your keyboards. he's not going to completely lose his mind and bow to YOUR preferences. You might as well complain to Van Gogh that his brushstrokes are too broad and he uses too much paint. Or that television images use too much color, or radios play too much noise, or water shouldn't be so wet.

At this point you all know you are just trolling for troll's sake

Ah, the typical "You're too dumb to handle words" mixed with a nice dose of "Haters gonna hate". That's refreshing.

The comic is bad. I will point out the comic is bad. Deal with it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here