Tabletop Adventures: The Story So Far

The Story So Far

Our friends over at GameTrailers get you caught up on their D&D campaign. Join us every Thursday for their continued adventures.

Watch Video

This is weird, it's like trying to drop into the middle of a series uploaded to the wrong site.

And no, I didn't watch the whole thing, I had no idea who anyone is, or what's going in, gave up after about 10 minutes.

Alfador_VII:
This is weird, it's like trying to drop into the middle of a series uploaded to the wrong site.

And no, I didn't watch the whole thing, I had no idea who anyone is, or what's going in, gave up after about 10 minutes.

I think the whole point was that it was a reintroduction and recap so that people could see this video and start watching their Tabletop series from there. I'm guessing it means that Game Trailers will be doing their Tabletop Adventures here now, or at least mirroring them. That said, it could have been a little cleaner and straightforward.

I for one absolutely love listening to people play D&D and similar tabletop games, despite never playing such things myself, so I'm looking forward to this.

As a fan of this show from the beginning, I'd recommend checking it out. You can find all of it on Gametrailers or a few of the recent episodes on Youtube (which they do in 1-2 hour sessions at a time). It's worth noting though, that it's a totally honest depiction of D&D, meaning it shows people who aren't brilliant roleplayers playing it, but just having a good time while also figuring out rules and story as they go. Very beginning is pretty choppy on account of this, and they're a lot better now but still not Acquisitions Inc. Nonetheless it's one of my favourite shows on the internet. It can get utterly absurd and is often very very funny, which is of course the appeal. The fan community for it at GT is great too.

EinSoph:
As a fan of this show from the beginning, I'd recommend checking it out. You can find all of it on Gametrailers or a few of the recent episodes on Youtube (which they do in 1-2 hour sessions at a time). It's worth noting though, that it's a totally honest depiction of D&D, meaning it shows people who aren't brilliant roleplayers playing it, but just having a good time while also figuring out rules and story as they go. Very beginning is pretty choppy on account of this, and they're a lot better now but still not Acquisitions Inc. Nonetheless it's one of my favourite shows on the internet. It can get utterly absurd and is often very very funny, which is of course the appeal. The fan community for it at GT is great too.

Any idea where I can locate the artist's recount of this that they show in the video?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here