Stolen Pixels #63: Terribly Mysterious

Stolen Pixels #63: Terribly Mysterious

Fable 2's Theresa never gives you a straight answer about anything, which adds both to her aura of mystery and your desire to kick her in the teeth.

Read Full Article

Loving the map. That's great. Banditburgh University. HA!

That sounds like an awesome roleplaying world :D

That's not far off an actual fantasy world event I run...

We actually had an "Evil School". They... were a bit worse than hopeless.

Wonderful! That map is a classic.

Great comic, Shamus. One of the funniest so far!

My psychic powers are telling me I need to railroad you in the exact opposite direction of what makes any bloody sense.

"My psychic powers tell me..."

Hilarious :D.

EDIT: also, that is one ugly psychic lady. :s

Yeah, I tend to try and forget my character's motivation for the vast majority of non-linear games 'cause plot holes run rampant. Of course, Fable 2 takes that crap to another level.

Excellent comic, as always.

Just wondering; is the title a reference to a quote from Mystery Men?

Xyllar:
Just wondering; is the title a reference to a quote from Mystery Men?

Indeed.

I haven't played Fable II, but I did play Fable I. Is that the same Theresa from the original?

If it is, I always though that she and Whisper were the only even remotely interesting characters in the game.

orannis62:
I haven't played Fable II, but I did play Fable I. Is that the same Theresa from the original?

If it is, I always though that she and Whisper were the only even remotely interesting characters in the game.

I don't think so. It's so many years in the future I believe. Did anyone else notice the spire animation at that particular part of the game looked a little wonky.

Sounds like you need to go and acquire some plot coupons before you can get revenge.

WOW! Shamus, will you make us a compy background of the gameworld? that's hilarious!

good job.

nice world...

Loved the map more than I can say.

I actually work in the City of Annoying People. It's known locally as "Brooklyn".

Well done Shamus.

Steve.

That map was hilarious. I especially liked "Valley of Your Family is Murdered". Yeah, happiness is rampant there.

It's true. at the end, especially, I was thinking "why?" but she never tells you :P

It's not nearly the biggest plot hole.

Peter Molynator promised the greastest story ever and failed missibly

The thing is, it is explained. You have to go and collect the other remaining heroes to aid you in your quest. I'm not saying it's a perfect plot, far from it, but that one bit, at least, is given a gloss of a reason.

Yeah, I would have liked more answers about her in that game. Also, who felt betrayed and used about what happened at the end?

Can I put in a request to see the rest of that map?

You know I never really understood that, progressing throughout hundreds of enemies, gaining the trust of people, renown, when after all that, what killed the guy?
ONE.
F@*#KING.
BULLET.
That's all.
I didn't need the heroes, all that glowy light bulls#!t did nothing at all!
I could have rented a boat, rowed the f*#k over there, and shot him at ANY TIME!
And don't give me the "But the Guards would kill you!"
I'm pretty sure after being Stomped on REPEATEDLY by a huge a** Troll, getting shot in the face, gang banged by bandits, f*&ked over by ghost pirates, destroyed repeatedly by some floating Pyramid / Diamond thing, and raped by little ghost children sent from some annoying screeching b!^ch, an army of Guards couldn't stop me from flicking Lucien in the eye, and causing him to die.
In fact, this guy is so pathetic, he was stopped partly by a glow-in-the-dark Music Box that I'm thinking is actually playing the Harry Potter theme.
Nothing ever made me so angry in a video game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here