Non-Player Counselor: Lara Croft Has Anger Issues

Lara Croft Has Anger Issues

This week Lara Croft reveals why she's currently unemployed, and possibly unemployable.

Watch Video

So how long until a Microsoft character gives the receptionist a problem?

Decent episode. The pacing is improving, but I feel like there's something lacking. I can't put my finger on it but there's a piece of the puzzle that if found would make the whole shebang absolutely hilarious instead of "funny but..."
I like it though, keep working on it you guys will find your footing. Also would like to see maybe Peach dealing with PTSD or even Stockholm syndrome from her experiences with Bowser, Luigi and his inferiority complex (maybe why he has the death stare?).

Loved the receptionist's line to Yoshi, never really enjoyed Tomb Raider so didn't really get much from the main bit.

A billionaire who constantly finds golden idols... is gonna pay with a home made fur coat?
Meh, I don't think that (running?) gag was appropriate this week for logical reasons.

Maybe "Cash, check, Spanish Dubloons... or would you like a nice fur coat?" would have been better?

Dang, Yosh... Really should control that tongue of yours, bro... Probably why Mario's the abusive one in the partnership, though...

Also, has Lara being getting her XP lessons from Far Cry lately? Not sure if that's the best thing to do given her anger issues...

I'd have gotten more of a laugh out of some of these jokes if the voice of Lara had been better.

You know, I think in the context of this show, you could classify "grinding" for xp as a psychological addiction.

Who has it worse? The player characters in in wRPGs or jRPGs? ;p

Its funny. She kinda' is the polar-opposite of those "Well, at least she has a good personality) women, isn't she?
Like without the rack and sexy short-shorts, Lara would just be an all-together terrible protagonist. Hell, they might as well make another game from the perspective of a indigenous tribesman trying to stop evil Lara from breaking their thousand-year-old ancestral tomb and looting its relics for her personal collection, all the while murdering local police and shamans.

I guess when people demand that developers stop making Lara so sexy and objectifying her, the correct response is "No, you don't understand! Being sexy is the only thing keeping this franchise afloat! Without the shorts, Lara is basically Handsome Jack but with fun bags!"

I was expecting Lara to deal with the PTSD she probably picked up in her same-titled reboot, but this worked too. It gels with what Yahtzee's said about her, i.e. she's a sociopath. I mean, hunting and killing animals just for XP?* At least Naked Snake/Big Boss ate what he killed for stamina, and the protagonists of AC III, IV, and Rogue hunted animals to either sell their parts for money or craft things (for upgrades or to sell for more money, because weapons and ship upgrades were EXPENSIVE). I wonder what any of those guys would visit the NPC for.

*I still haven't played the game, so I don't know for sure if that's the case.

Well, I came for the horrible English accent and I was not disappointed.

hentropy:

If you can do better, give me your email and we'll hit you up next time we record

Firefilm:

hentropy:

If you can do better, give me your email and we'll hit you up next time we record

You misunderstand, I genuinely think it added to the video. The whole thing is funny partially because it doesn't take itself very seriously. South Park NOT going through the trouble to actually get celebrity voices or authentic accents made it funnier, whether it was their intention or not. It's a similar principle here.

hentropy:

Firefilm:

hentropy:

You misunderstand, I genuinely think it added to the video. The whole thing is funny partially because it doesn't take itself very seriously. South Park NOT going through the trouble to actually get celebrity voices or authentic accents made it funnier, whether it was their intention or not. It's a similar principle here.

Ah, then I love you and thank you

how lara sells her stuff to the museum was hilarious. im sure they always welcome her there.
you must do bloodrayne. like she is trying to eat more healthier food like blood oranges.

I did a thing, sorry if this isn't the right place for it.

Firefilm:

hentropy:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I would love to pitch in a VO or some art. Seriously, any time. Just hit me up on Twitter. (name is the same both places).

And I really think this was the best episode yet. This show has been one of the best things to come from the Escapist's recent shake up and I'm really glad you guys switched from NRA to this. Keep em coming! :)

I think that kirby could be a great option for this show
His cheerful demeanor contrasting the eldritch horrors that he regularly fights would lead to some interesting locations

circularlogic88:

That's fantastic! The first official fan art for this series, I love it! Thank you!

I'd kinda like to see a group therapy session between Nu Lara & Classic Lara

Firefilm:

circularlogic88:

That's fantastic! The first official fan art for this series, I love it! Thank you!

Cool! Glad you like it!

My name is JACK:
I'd kinda like to see a group therapy session between Nu Lara & Classic Lara

Not until Nu Lara has her own separate session that ends with the Non-Player Counselor suggesting [her] to do a group session with Classic Lara...

Firefilm:

hentropy:

If you ever need someone to record some sketchy "bad"/stereotypical accents for you I've got quite a few in my repertoire.... (I scale from Afrikaander dialect to Russian... and loads inbetween)

Edit : this show is slowly growing on me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here