Zero Punctuation: Thief: The Dark Project

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Thief: The Dark Project

This week Zero Punctuation has to be a sneaky bastard in order to review Thief: The Dark Project.

Watch Video

I wasn't expecting this but I love this game so I'm happy.

lol nice video... I havent even heard of this game before ¬__¬

Loved it, you've been on a roll recently with epic reviews:D "stealth em up" clinched it for me

I liked the part with the PC gaming and I overall liked this video. I need to check the Thief series out.

That's quite a good video, now I've got some new PC games that my laptop can actually play!

Oh man, I didn't see this coming! I love thief, it's one of my favorite games to this date.

I agree, when in hiding in a stealth game, there is nothing more horrifying than seein a guard walk right up to you and hoping that he doesn't notice. I've almost pissed my pants when this happens. Your heart stops, you hold your breath, and it is one of the most immersive things about stealth games.

stiver:
Err I don't think I have ever heard of this game.

Bah who cares about old games?

Yahtzee obviously, many other people, I do and you should.

I remember this game it denfanatly good remembering when the guards came so close i was saying "god please please get me throught this" one of the most immersive games ive ever played

...I was definitely not expecting an older game review.
Of course, I also forgot it was Wednesday.

Haven't heard of this game before? what? How have you not heard of it? oh wait your probably 12,

Anyway nice review, although i would of prefered it done in your real accent... you south african b*ll**n. Thats right, i know your secret. Oh and btw, your wrong on so many things.

I've never played the Thief series, but I'm half-tempted to now.

Everyone who hasn't heard of Thief needs to go back to school.

VIDEOGAME SCHOOL.

And now we watch thief sales rocket on steam.

Blastcage:

VIDEOGAME SCHOOL.

That was bad. Really bad.

While I agree with Yahtzee that he should never have to review old games at the behest of fans, his retrospective reviews always make me smile. Thief (more than likely Thief II) now joins Painkiller and Psychonauts in the pantheon of games I'll have to try and add to my collection for the sake of the occasional step into the TARDIS proxy I call my PC to recall a simpler, more innocent time before I had to deal with things like X-Box Live tossers, red rings of death, and divorce.

klc0100:

It's available on Steam? *goes and purchases*

Games must be coming out very slowly in Australia but still a good review on an old game, in fact now that i think about it theres not one non-shooter coming out anytime soon here in america.

"Bah who cares about old games?"

It's people like you that makes the gaming industry what it is today. An unending river of shit.

klc0100:

Blastcage:

VIDEOGAME SCHOOL.

That was bad. Really bad.

I wasn't going to put "VIDEOGAME SCHOOL" at the end initially but then it occured to me that some people may find it offensive otherwise. Hur.

Finally, a more detailed rant on Yahtzee love of stealth. It's true, who hasn't had the invisibility fantasy (involving locker rooms, of course)?

It's always nice when he mixes it up with the occasional old game review... even though half the time you've never heard of them

Ahhhh Thief... that was a fun game back in the day and it's nice to see that Yahtzee has a pattern of just how many non great games he can review in a row :P

I have this game, but unfortuntly it always freezes when i come to the first guard. I blame vista.

A definite return to form there.

BlueInkAlchemist:

klc0100:

It's available on Steam? *goes and purchases*

But only the third game.

I've never actually played a thief game, in fact the only stealth games I have ever played were the splinter cell series. Maybe I'll try this one out.

Poisoned Al:
It's people like you that makes the gaming industry what it is today. An unending river of shit.

People like who? Yahtzee or a poster?

Blastcage:
Yeah! Fuck contemporary videogames right in the arsehole!

Though not that I can blame him; there's shit all out at the moment.

100% Agreed.

00wetnoodlez:
Games must be coming out very slowly in Australia but still a good review on an old game, in fact now that i think about it theres not one non-shooter coming out anytime soon here in america.

Yep, being down here is great fun when it comes to video game releases

While I've heard of Thief, I can honestly say I didn't know much about it. Thanks for this review: I love when you're being snarky, but it's nice to hear you talking about games that you like. Time to start wondering what horrid modern game you'll tear into next week...

Dammit, now I want/need to get thief 2 :p

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or