Review: Flower

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Is it a game? A work of art? Either way, this Flower is an intriguing pick.

Read Full Article

Hm ive seen quite a few topics lately about games counting as works of art I think this game comes shockingly close to it, Im more into the shooters but this game is beautiful if i saw this in the shop i would buy it, it looks rather fun and a joy to play.

My 2 year old loves the vid. In fact got to go and play it for a third time. Weeeeeeee

I've been waiting ages for this, flow changed my view of games and this looks to do the same again.

I was really dubious about Flower until I saw Jordan playing it. It's absolutely wonderful, and I was happily surprised to see how it reminded me of games like NiGHTS and SSX, yet was still so peaceful and lovely. If you have a PS3, you should definitely get the game. It's very special.

Weeeeeeeeeeee

;)

I'm super excited for the 'Artistic gaming showdown: Flower vs Braid!' thread that is inevitably coming.

Actually wait, this is the Escapist. I'm super excited for the 'FLOWER GRAPHIX: VERY AWESOME OR SORTA LESS AWEESOME???' thread.

when i watched this, my first thoughts were this is just going to be another stupid game. but it actually looks like alot of fun!!!

i might just have to get flower...

I felt like something was massaging the back of my eyes while I was watching the video. This game looks like a great thing to help you relax after a stressful day. I wish I had a PS3 :/

Oh and after some time, which seems like a BILLION years, another game was released that makes games actually look like an art! God job :D

Susan, your "wheeeee!" made this whole review for me!

Gosh, I wish I had a PS3. This game looks wonderful.

I got a chance to play it at CES for 5 minutes. *sigh* I still remember those 5 minutes :)

That game is a definite buy for me for a few reasons
a.) I love flOw
b.) Looks enjoyable
c.) I'll probably cry that I can't live in a grassy plain like that (yep you heard me).

I've just staryed playing. It's lovely. Plus, if you press Select when playing you get a screensaver and if you hit Start it...well, I won't spoil it, but it's very well done.

I need to get this game and set up a fan to blow at my face while I play, methinks.

The game looks like such a good stress reliever, it would be impossible to be mad about anything after you play it. It looks like fun.

Looks like an innovative little game. I wonder when the copycats will come out of the woodwork?

"In our game, you play as a rock! And.. lie there! For points!"

Actually, one of the things hthat I find quite fun about this game is to just hold down the X button when I have a large tail of petals, and just fly. The controls seem responsive enough that I genuinly feel a rush from skimming the ground before spinning up. Its like Lair was supposed to be.

A Flower? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H88-tiMG24

OT: Man, I wish my brother bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox....

really looks nice.

Beautiful game, good review. I'll just nit-pick with this little error I found while reading.

Flower has actually has a relatively strong narrative - about better integrating nature into our cities and our lives.

Andraste:
I need to get this game and set up a fan to blow at my face while I play, methinks.

This is genius!

Russian_Assassin:
I felt like something was massaging the back of my eyes while I was watching the video.

Seriously.

Jordan Deam:

Don't lie.
You're totally gay.
And that's okay!
That you're gay.
Because now that you're gay.
...I'm out of ways to rhyme gay with something without being repetitive.
Anyway, if you are gay, I'm gay too, because that looks ridiculously fun for a game about flowers.

MaxTheReaper:

Russian_Assassin:
I felt like something was massaging the back of my eyes while I was watching the video.

Seriously.

Jordan Deam:

Don't lie.
You're totally gay.
And that's okay!
That you're gay.
Anyway, if you are gay, I'm gay too, because that looks ridiculously fun for a game about flowers.

You now, not everything about flowers has to be gay. If you really want, you can imagine the petals as dragons, and the flowers as eggs.

Indigo_Dingo:

MaxTheReaper:

Russian_Assassin:

Seriously.

Jordan Deam:

Don't lie.
You're totally gay.
And that's okay!
That you're gay.

You now, not everything about flowers has to be gay. If you really want, you can imagine the petals as dragons, and the flowers as eggs.

But if it's not gay, how can I make jokes?
I know my limitations.

MaxTheReaper:

Indigo_Dingo:

MaxTheReaper:

Russian_Assassin:

Seriously.

Jordan Deam:

Don't lie.
You're totally gay.
And that's okay!
That you're gay.

I know my limitations.

My god, you'll have to take it seriously as an art form and not mock it.

Indigo_Dingo:

MaxTheReaper:

Indigo_Dingo:

MaxTheReaper:

Russian_Assassin:

Seriously.

Jordan Deam:

Don't lie.
You're totally gay.
And that's okay!
That you're gay.

I know my limitations.

My god, you'll have to take it seriously as an art form and not mock it.

I'm not mocking it. I think it looks cool.

This game looks like it'd be right up my alley. Shame I don't have a PS3 :/

Flower does look pretty cool. Just by watching the video I was exhilarated at how fast the wind went and went wooshing past the grass.

I may buy this, and most likely I will, but I'll wait a bit and see a few more reviews about it before I jump on the indie wagon. It's always a risk to get these kinds of games.

The game is more art than a game.

(awesome avi. eraserhead. lol)

Something similar, but much older, is Cloud.
It was also created by the same people that made Flow and Flower. It's still rather interesting but not quite as polished. Also an underlying theme/story to it.

reminds me a little bit of katamari. nonetheless i am still really interested in this.

It saddens me that I'll never get to play (maybe experience would be the better word?)this.

I just finished the game i and am very glad i bought it.

I enjoyed Susan's "wheeeeee" and might pick up this little title at some point in the future. Especially since it looks like the girlfriend might really like it...

Yeah... that's it really, only she will play it, I hate flowers...

Okay I lied.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or