Man At Arms: Reforged: Counter-Strike Knife Challenge

Counter-Strike Knife Challenge

Every other Monday, our team of blacksmiths and craftsman will be building some of your favorite weapons, and some weapons that you've never seen before. This week, we pit Stagmer against Stagmer. The Baltimore Knife & Sword Brothers make 2 different knives from Counter-Strike. Tell us which knife you think won in the comments below.

Watch Video

THose knives were really big; they'd give trouble to the concealed carry laws in my state.

That said, I would have liked to see a little more of the butterfly action on the finished knife.

Still, cool video. It looks like those guys are trying to show their skills more in these videos rather than just making snap-it kits with CAD software and a plasma cutter.

I love watching bladesmithing at work like this, there's a wonderful blend of art, physics and chemistry to the whole process, and the use of a damascus billet on the butterfly knife was one that really turned out well.

I have to say though, did I notice a bit of a hamon on your karambit? I wonder what could have caused that since you didn't heat treat it twice to get the edge hotter or treat it with clay. I might be wrong though since you did mention a pattern forming due to the metals you used and the video didn't really get a good look at the blade.

Still, it was a great video and I really enjoyed watching two bladesmiths actually smithing and forging blades rather than just cutting, grinding and welding things to make wallhangers, with the metals, heat treating and tempering you guys used in this one, those knives could probably do some serious damage without breaking.

Making the karambit out of a gun is a stupid cool touch. The butterfly is enormous though. It's practically a sword.

Those are two awesome knives, little on the oversize side but awesome nonetheless.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here