Judging By The Cover: Doom: Mutant-Laden, Laser-Saturated, Blood-Spattered

This video series is better than I imagined it would be.

Let the back-handedness of that compliment sink in a bit.

These are amazing. And you can tell Yahtzee is having a blast with them.

So it's like what Yathzee experiences in every Escapist Expo, isn't it?

"For not particular reason"
If there was ever a line that defined this amazing show it would certainly be they.

It was the 90's; everything had to have pouches and a six-pack you could bounce a quarter off of. Yahtzee didn't point out how relatively useless the Marine's air filter in his helmet is when a large amount of his skin is exposed. But I really burst out laughing at "you installed your banana clip backwards, you berk!"

Surprised he didn't mention the mutant on the right who is shooting a laser beam out of his hand.

"Hey, guys, how come Johnny gets to bend the fabric of reality saturating this place with lasers, and I have to shoot bits of myself?"

"Hold on, Steve, I'm trying to ask the Marine to explain, but he just seems to hate contact lenses."

Was looking quite FORward to the BACK blurb getting disected, so that felt a bit short.
But then there's the Johnson (?) drawing on the skull and all's forgiven! <3

Really love this series, keep em up!!!

I thought the top half of the title looked like it had been assimilated by the Borg.

this was hilarious. the banana clip part got to me.

This was one of the most perplexing covers for a game I've ever seen. I used to just stare at it and wonder. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I always wondered what that second guys in the background was... Turns out it was only Jeremy aka Captain Obvious...

Other than that, the 90's sure did love their overabundance of adjectives...

And again, I hate how much this makes me laugh.

I think this is best so far. Had me pissing myself!

Please, please oh Lord Yahtzee, do more retro games. I think Lode Runner would be awesome to get the treatment!

Grey_Area:
I think this is best so far. Had me pissing myself!

Please, please oh Lord Yahtzee, do more retro games. I think Lode Runner would be awesome to get the treatment!

I think he should do more retro stuff period because older covers are just more interesting than the boring same-y stuff we get today, especially the boring bland movie posters of modern times and modern games boxes aren't much better.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here