Non-Player Counselor: Ash Will Never Catch Them All

Ash Will Never Catch Them All

This week Ash Ketchum explores his hoarding addiction, and what it's done to his life. Admitting you have a problem is step one, Ash.

Watch Video

So how old is Ash in this? And how old was his ex? I know anime does some weird stuff but I wasn't expecting that. Especially since Ash was referred to as a underage before that scene.

Well, that escalated quickly. But who needs Pokémon when you have a gun? Or I think I have that backwards.

A comedy show based on therapy sessions is really sending the wrong message.
Maybe that's why I never find them particularily funny.
Would it be as funny if it was an oncologist jerking his patients around?

Cause lots of people die from psychiatric ilnesses, or suffer horribly for years/ever.

"Smeagle"... Yeah, that's totally unacceptable from a therapist. He'd be disbarred.

Kenjitsuka:
A comedy show based on therapy sessions is really sending the wrong message.
Maybe that's why I never find them particularily funny.
Would it be as funny if it was an oncologist jerking his patients around?

Cause lots of people die from psychiatric ilnesses, or suffer horribly for years/ever.

"Smeagle"... Yeah, that's totally unacceptable from a therapist. He'd be disbarred.

Check out " Dr Katz: Professional Therapist". Was a similar concept to this, but instead of video games it was stand up comedians on the couch. The comedians would do their routines and the therapist would basically react and comment as needed.

Also it's a fictional character talking to a fictional character about fictional issues, so don't forget to smile

I don't remember Jessie being so muscular... maybe they edited it out for the American show. Muscular abdomens are for Thundercats and He-Men only.

*Cue GirlChan clip* "That explains everything!"

Gotta admit that I find the whole concept of Ash as a hoarder and Team Rocket being used to help him clean out his hoard funny. However, I found James a little too quiet. It was hard to hear him. Though everything was fine.

RatGouf:
So how old is Ash in this? And how old was his ex? I know anime does some weird stuff but I wasn't expecting that. Especially since Ash was referred to as a underage before that scene.

Pretty sure Ash is 10. And has been 10 for 20 years. Sort of like how your mom is 29 and has been for 15 years.

Also notice that Ash and Team Rocket were insanely buff. I haven't seen a 10 year old that buff since Gohan.

that pretty much explains why they must have them all.

still like to see bloodrayne one day. hope you have that planed.

Well the 'catch them all' gimmick was made up by the US marketing team so poor Japanese Ash (Satoshi) gets alot of flak for something he never claimed. He just wanted to go on a pokemon journey. Nothing so grandiose like 'be a master' or 'catch them all'.

So yes, he never will catch them all. Or age. Or fucking die because goddamn how long is that anime now? Surely it has every single animated show beat.

Charli:
Well the 'catch them all' gimmick was made up by the US marketing team so poor Japanese Ash (Satoshi) gets alot of flak for something he never claimed. He just wanted to go on a pokemon journey. Nothing so grandiose like 'be a master' or 'catch them all'.

So yes, he never will catch them all. Or age. Or fucking die because goddamn how long is that anime now? Surely it has every single animated show beat.

I was going going say that.....

There's a lot of Pokemon he doesn't catch despite having the chance to.
He's more interested on meeting them all.

hentropy:
I don't remember Jessie being so muscular... maybe they edited it out for the American show. Muscular abdomens are for Thundercats and He-Men only.

Why would anyone expose his or her abdomens so much if there was nothing to show.

For the end I would have gone with "so how you gonna pay for this?" ash "meowth attack with payday" but I'm a colossal nerd

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here