Villainy 101

Villainy 101

So I've been thinking and...

Read Full Article

Mmm, that was a good sketch.

"I mean, what do skulls make you think of? Death... cannibals... beheading... pirates..."
"Pirates are fun!"
"I didn't say we weren't fun!"

Since that YouTube video is blocked in the UK, here's one which isn't.

Should we be drawing any sort of conclusion from you saying you expected MGSV to be more 'Lucas-y' after saying in yesterday's EDA that y'all would be pulling a Lucas on the earlier parts of the Gunny arc?

So in the Falklands war the British where the bad guys?

HMS Conqueror flew a jolly roger after sinking the General Belgrano after all.

P-89 Scorpion:

Every RN Submarine for the last 75 years flies the Jolly Roger when returning to port after sinking a ship. Are you suggesting the Germans were the good guys in WW2 then?

Absolutely love it. That sketch was great.

albino boo:

P-89 Scorpion:

Every RN Submarine for the last 75 years flies the Jolly Roger when returning to port after sinking a ship. Are you suggesting the Germans were the good guys in WW2 then?

Is this true? Because if it is, that's awesome.

OT: I actually got the reference for this immediately, and I laughed pretty hard. I had shown my parents that skit a few weeks back and they adored it, I'll have to show them this comic now as well.

Areloch:

Is this true? Because if it is, that's awesome.

Yes its true, it started during WW1 as an occasional practice but became traditional during WW2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_the_Jolly_Roger_by_submarines

I dunno man, their logo seems pretty sober compared to their other one

Um.. i-it's not a skull ...er it's ...um.. Pangea! Yeah, that's what it is! Totally not a skull. Honest.

The first rule about being a villian: You never see yourself as one... at first...

Other than that, I now have a [pending] full week of hearing one of my friends complain about not being able to get the game yet...

teh_Canape:
I dunno man, their logo seems pretty sober compared to their other one

Do you mean the logo for Militaires Sans Frontiers or Diamaond Dogs? Because the latter sends the message they're a PMC full of David Bowie fans. Not that that's a bad thing.

OT: I knew which sketch they were referencing, and I'd like to know if their other sketches measure up to "Are We The Baddies?" before I devote the rest of my afternoon to watching them on YouTube.

Major_Tom:
Um.. i-it's not a skull ...er it's ...um.. Pangea! Yeah, that's what it is! Totally not a skull. Honest.

I have a bandana with that skull design all over it. It was a Gamestop Preorder bonus that came with MGS: Peace Walker.

I see what you did there. Man I love that sketch.

Huzzah for WW2 skits!!

(Note: minor swearing)

Barbas:
Mmm, that was a good sketch.

"I mean, what do skulls make you think of? Death... cannibals... beheading... pirates..."
"Pirates are fun!"
"I didn't say we weren't fun!"

ARGH!, why can't I upvote in these forums!

Whatever, here, have my upvote.

Thanks for referencing that sketch. It turned out great. :D

is snake growing a horn? what is this fable?

iblis666:

Funny you should mention that.

In retrospect, the horn is a bit silly/kind of evil looking. I guess that's the point, but it's also kind of a point that their going to cave our heads in with. xD

Still looking forward to this game though. :)

It is the last one after all. >x(
:C This time for real.....

Imp Emissary:

In retrospect, the horn is a bit silly/kind of evil looking. I guess that's the point, but it's also kind of a point that their going to cave our heads in with. xD

This being my first MGS game i gave up on complaining about things cause their silly about 5 Minutes in. This is a game that starts with the option to enter your name and create your own character. Only for it not to be used at all (At least so far) since your playing Big Boss no matter which character you create.
After which you crawl through a hospitel while being chased by a man made out of fire, while a kid with a gasmask continues to hover around like it ain't no thing.

You know it's really dangerous to get blood of other people onyou, especially with open wounds where the blood contacts.

OH MY GOD I JUST FIGURED IT OUT BIG BOSS GETS SYPHILIS WHICH DRIVES HIM CRAZY.

Your welcome world. I've cracked the code.

Amaror:

Imp Emissary:

This being my first MGS game i gave up on complaining about things cause their silly about 5 Minutes in. This is a game that starts with the option to enter your name and create your own character. Only for it not to be used at all (At least so far) since your playing Big Boss no matter which character you create.
After which you crawl through a hospitel while being chased by a man made out of fire, while a kid with a gasmask continues to hover around like it ain't no thing.

My first MGS Game Was MGS4: Guns of the Patriots. It started off pretty serious, but then I was attracted by big bipedal mooing drone tanks who's legs&heads bleed...

<.< Although, before the game even started I saw several commercials/tv shows, one that was a very weird interview with Snake's voice actor David Haytor (the privious snakes, Big Boss now has a new voice actor in 5).

So I guess it was weird/silly right off the bat. :)
Ah, good times.

iblis666:

Imp Emissary:

iblis666:

Funny you should mention that.

It's shrapnel. This doesn't even really count as a spoiler, because they tell you like 5 minutes in, but it's shrapnel from when he got caught in the explosion of Paz's body at the end of Ground Zeroes. It was embedded in his skull (and brain) in such a way that they can't remove it for fear of killing him. Also, plot signficance later on explains a bit why it's there, but that is super spoilery, so I ain't saying anything (if you really want to know, the wiki will tell you).

Amaror:

The create a character thing actually has really intense plot significance later on. I won't spoil it (the thing in the spoiler box isn't a spoiler, just a hint, but even that is a bit much, so I put it in a box just in case), but I will say thusly-

Yes, that actually gives away a bit, but only if you already know. Like those trailers that show scenes from the end of movies that mean nothing until you get to the part in the movie.

EDIT: Probably should mention that, yes, I am aware of the symbolism of the shrapnel, and that it does indeed look like a horn. I was just more pointing out that it's not an actual horn. The whole damaged, or "Bad" side, versus the undamaged, or "Good" side (to show that Snake has two distinct sides and mentalities) is understood and is in no way subtle.

I think the dumbest line ive heard in the game so far is in one of the tapes.

something along the lines of 'It was a parasitic relationship, but both parties benefited from it'. Its like they are trying to upset me.

Mullahgrrl:
'It was a parasitic relationship, but both parties benefited from it'

Now, if only some clever person could invent a word for that . . .

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here