Tokyo Game Show 2015 in Pictures Part 1 - "Only in Japan"

Tokyo Game Show 2015 in Pictures Part 1 - "Only in Japan"

Another Tokyo Game Show is upon us, and you know what that means? More crazy, "only in Japan" shenanigans.

Read Full Article

Did you drink the E-Tank? If so, how did it taste?

The body pillow (page 13), it has AIRBENDER on it! Why?

Steven Bogos:
(Snip).

That's no Panzer IV; it's done up with decals from Girls Und Panzer. That's the Oarai Girls High School an' no mistake. Kind of a funny and cute way of appealing to the local audience, I guess.

What? Someone made good tank skins for Company Of Heroes 2 based on that show. I don't watch it, but a good skin's a good skin.

Barbas:

That's no Panzer IV; it's done up with decals from Girls Und Panzer. That's the Oarai Girls High School an' no mistake. Kind of a funny and cute way of appealing to the local audience, I guess.

What? Someone made good tank skins for Company Of Heroes 2 based on that show. I don't watch it, but a good skin's a good skin.

Argh! You beat me to it!

5) I don't even...Japan, you are a strange culture.

7) Oh look. It's more teasing from that game that I still don't believe exists...

13) I will never understand the fascination with these body pillow covers. I'd just feel...weird putting my face on one. I'd much rather have a poster, or a figurine, because the art is always impressive.

Man, those console shoes were damned expensive. Pretty awesome, though I'd prefer it if they can in Converse flavor.

Barbas:

Steven Bogos:
(Snip).

I know i saw that pic and instantly i thought "that's Girls Und Panzer fool" :P

I don't know...I went to Otakon this year and there were nude body pillows promoting games and anime just about on every major wall of the showroom, and that was in Maryland. Seems pretty wide spread in contrast to just being a thing in Japanese conventions.
I even bought one because I'm an adult who doesn't know how to use money properly.

Okay let me try this again. Steven I find your bigoted and racist views expressed in this article unacceptable. If you must write for the Escapist please leave your PC/Social justice views at home. A pillow case with the anime image of a female character is acceptable everywhere and not just something the "silly Japanese" do.

Creamygoodness:
Okay let me try this again. Steven I find your bigoted and racist views expressed in this article unacceptable. If you must write for the Escapist please leave your PC/Social justice views at home. A pillow case with the anime image of a female character is acceptable everywhere and not just something the "silly Japanese" do.

Maybe he didn't know? I sure as hell didn't and to be honest your comments only reinforced that "only in Japan" view.

OT: This is why 5 and why rhyme.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here