Unskippable: The Darkness

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The Darkness

This week, Graham and Paul shed some light on The Darkness. Not the band, the game!

Watch Video

Oh my, that was quite good. Thank you Graham and Paul for another hilarious video. Loved the Mike Patton joke, especially.

I liked the Liberty City references. Pretty good video.

Amusing as always, well done.

And he did take his sweet time reloading that shotgun.

Haha.
"To enjoy other times I've died, please turn to side B"
Genius, guys.

"...still reloading. Good..." :)

I love it. Possibly my favourite Unskippable so far. Couldn't stop laughing 10/10

Was funny, especially the GTA references.

Did the creators of the game not see the flaw in logic where a cop car gets smashed, blocks the tunnel and then two more somehow catch up 5 seconds later?

Wow, that was.. a really, really long tunnel.

If the cutscene was anything to go by, the game itself must be horrible! =P

"Don't put your head out of the window!"
"oh...well, I bet you're embarassed now."

Does anyone actually know what the two guys were saying?

...I bet he's still reloading even now...

"so this must be the darkness..."

Loved it, not as great as recent videos, but what little brilliance you can extract from two men in a tunnel you've managed to get.

Good job!

Tee he hee! I knew this was going to be good the moment I saw the title. The series keeps getting better and better! Too many awesome quotes to say right now :P

Mariena:

It's OK, mainly redeemed by Mike Patton. However, Jackie walks about as fast he reloads that shotgun, the every damn loading sequence features him telling you about one of four things. Before you get to even hear Mike Patton's voice you've heard all of his monologues and it's just so damn tiring.

Amazing. Great job

Great episode guys, loved the Liberty city and Jenifer Darling parts. I also could not understand what they were saying.
"I hope it doesn't take this long to reload in the actual game"
"He died as he lived, in a noisy car" Awesome.

This has got to be so far my favorite episode of unskippable! Epic!

Mariena:

It's quite good but not perfect. They do a lot of experimental stuff on top of basic FPS gameplay. The plot is great once you get past this weird opening.

It's Starbreeze, the same people who did Escape from Butcher Bay. I've been told they're setup in a really similar way.

'God here. Fire your shotgun.'
Heh, great work! ^^

unskippable has beecome one of my favourite things on here

"no you fool, bullets will only make them madder" XD

Great Episode! Also how long does it take to load a shotgun I swear he was taking his sweet time on purpose.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that they may actually be part of the cinematics. It's difficult for me now to play a game like Dead Rising and not imagine them doing commentary thought out the entire experience.

DirkGently:

Mariena:

It's OK, mainly redeemed by Mike Patton. However, Jackie walks about as fast he reloads that shotgun, the every damn loading sequence features him telling you about one of four things. Before you get to even hear Mike Patton's voice you've heard all of his monologues and it's just so damn tiring.

I remember him having about 8 different storys.

I really enjoyed this one, not as much as I enjoyed the actual game though :P

Not as funny as your older videos, but I loved it nonetheless.

wow that was great! all the jokes were spot on. keep em coming guys.

Machines Are Us:

Did the creators of the game not see the flaw in logic where a cop car gets smashed, blocks the tunnel and then two more somehow catch up 5 seconds later?

They rammed the cars?

I laughed hysterically when you shot out the windshield and blamed god. Oh man that's good stuff.

Vlane:

Machines Are Us:

They rammed the cars?

If a cop car came around the corner and smacked into another, I guarantee you it would not be in any shape to pursue another one. I know it's just a game, but flaws in logic are so easy to avoid.

Oh damn I forgot to load my shotgun. I will be right back...

Oh my god, that is the slowest I have EVER seen a shotgun being loaded.

Inner monologue:
"...shells... so heavy... let's see... do they fit in like THIS... or? Maybe? Aha! Got one! Now, this next one should be tricky... this way... no... this? No. Maybe the first way again! Aha! Aw man, 10 shells left..."

Heheheh, excellent! Now I see what Yahtzee meant in his old darkness review about a loooong reload time for the shotguns.

Machines Are Us:

Vlane:

Machines Are Us:

They rammed the cars?

If a cop car came around the corner and smacked into another, I guarantee you it would not be in any shape to pursue another one. I know it's just a game, but flaws in logic are so easy to avoid.

Obviously you don't know how things work in Liberty City.

And Here I thought Yahtzee was exaggerating about the shotgun. Excellent video, keep up the good work.

Loved it. The fact that they seemed to be more mocking the game than just making fun of the dialogue in the cutscene made it even funnier.

And Jesus Christ, I knew he took a long time to reload his shotgun but not that long.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here