Honest Game Trailers: Uncharted

Uncharted

From the developer whose name made a lot more sense when they were making goofy platformers about animal men comes the series that dares to ask, "what if Tomb Raider was a dude?!"

Watch Video

i hate it when nathan drake is compared to indiana jones. drake is a thief with no morals who takes on the name of a british imperial officer in order to kill foreigners and destroy and steal cultural heritage he has no connection or right to with the sole intention of profits. indiana jones was first and foremost an archeologist and always stuck to his principles. he was looking for items of cultural heritage in order to expose them to the world or return them to the ones it belonged to. to add to this he usually FOUGHT an imperialistic force who wanted to steal the artifacts. if nathan drake was ever in an indiana jones movie he would be the villain. he is the embodiment of american ethnosentrism and neo-imperialism yet he is considered an icon. he is everything wrong with post 11/9 action games in one douchebag

CyanCat47:
i hate it when nathan drake is compared to indiana jones. drake is a thief with no morals who takes on the name of a british imperial officer in order to kill foreigners and destroy and steal cultural heritage he has no connection or right to with the sole intention of profits. indiana jones was first and foremost an archeologist and always stuck to his principles. he was looking for items of cultural heritage in order to expose them to the world or return them to the ones it belonged to. to add to this he usually FOUGHT an imperialistic force who wanted to steal the artifacts. if nathan drake was ever in an indiana jones movie he would be the villain. he is the embodiment of american ethnosentrism and neo-imperialism yet he is considered an icon. he is everything wrong with post 11/9 action games in one douchebag

I think he'd make a pretty piss poor villain in an Indiana Jones film, due to his tendency to not have an entire army at his back. On the other hand, it would be pretty neat to see him in an Indiana Jones movie as the self-interested rival who gets reformed by Indy and by circumstances. He does tend to do the right thing once the shit starts hitting the fan and some megalomaniac starts trying to take over the world.

I would have called that "Girl Drake" character "Not Lara Croft, so back off, lawyers!"
And if we're calling The Last of Us cinematic, I'd call it the "Awards Bait" to Uncharted's "Summer Blockbuster".

sageoftruth:

CyanCat47:

I think he'd make a pretty piss poor villain in an Indiana Jones film, due to his tendency to not have an entire army at his back. On the other hand, it would be pretty neat to see him in an Indiana Jones movie as the self-interested rival who gets reformed by Indy and by circumstances. He does tend to do the right thing once the shit starts hitting the fan and some megalomaniac starts trying to take over the world.

I'd actually watch that. Admittedly, I'd need to get my potion of youth to not horrifically maim people to get Harrison Ford back into the right shape for it, but I think a little more testing should get me my breakthrough. If not, we could always sacrifice someone to Satan for it.

Darth_Payn:
I would have called that "Girl Drake" character "Not Lara Croft, so back off, lawyers!"

Or just call her for what she is... "The Lara Croft we deserve." Specifically speaking of the Uncharted 2 Chloe.

"BE SH"
You mean be sure to properly cut-out the "subscribe on Youtube" outro? 'cause you forgot that.

CyanCat47:

Wow. You know after that rant, I think I'm going to buy the Nathan Drake Collection just for the knowledge of all the teeth-gnashing it will cause. And it's "9/11," by the way.

LysanderNemoinis:

CyanCat47:

Wow. You know after that rant, I think I'm going to buy the Nathan Drake Collection just for the knowledge of all the teeth-gnashing it will cause. And it's "9/11," by the way.

In civilized countries we put the time increments in order from smallest to largest as opposed to a scattershot mess.

Civilized world= 11=day/9=month-01=year
United states= 9=month/11=day-01=year !?

CyanCat47:

LysanderNemoinis:

CyanCat47:

In civilized countries we put the time increments in order from smallest to largest as opposed to a scattershot mess.

Finally have a place this can be relevant.

These videos are always hit or miss to me. I wonder if this one would've been funnier if I had played the games before, but it seems those that have played the game find it not funny as well. Either way, the Pokémon ones are the best because of the naming scheme.

Random question, is there a reason they only do the video game one and not the movie ones as well? It's done by the same people just under a different youtube channel.

CyanCat47:

LysanderNemoinis:

CyanCat47:

And which 'civilized' country would you be hailing from? One that the United States has saved in the past or one that we just help and/or protect, because it's a long list.

LysanderNemoinis:

CyanCat47:

LysanderNemoinis:

And which 'civilized' country would you be hailing from? One that the United States has saved in the past or one that we just help and/or protect, because it's a long list.

One that was liberated from the nazis by russia without becoming part of the soviet union. as for nato we wouldn't have had to join if you people hadn't felt the need to nuke hiroshima when the russians were closing in on manchuria. if the russians had taken manchuria japans food supply would be devestated and they would have surrendered. the nukes fell and the united states plunged the world into cold war. none of europe WANTED to join the conflict but when the US and USSR started having a dick measuring contest it was either pick a side or become the court in a game of thermonuclear tennis. as to the marshal help all the debt you haven't paid back makes us even i think. i won't bother saying the name of the country i live in because of your presumable poor skills in the most basic of geography

LysanderNemoinis:

ANY country that is not US. like literally US and Liberia i think are the only two countries to use backwards date systems.

Also didnt you by chance mean a country you have Invaded illegally or sold guns to to perpetuate wars if were bringing politics in?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here