Good Bad Flicks: Every Reference in Silent Hill

Every Reference in Silent Hill

Here's every reference in Silent Hill.

Watch Video

Gosh darn that's extensive. The "Study Dammit!" poster always brings me joy; I didn't know it was actually a reference :D

I'm wondering why the picture on The Escapist's main page was from the Silent Hill film, though (or it might be Homecoming, I've not played that in good while). I got the impression that this would be a collection of all the references that film makes to the games.

Dear God...that was impressive for sure. I knew the franchise was inspired by a lot of stuff and borrowed a lot of stuff, but I had no idea it went this far. A few of these felt a little bit like reaching--the way the lady turns her head and the Tremors one--but they were drowned out by all the other stuff.

That Kindergarten Cop one caught me by surprise. That's just funny right there.

I need to watch Jacob's Ladder now... dammit Konami why did you have to cancel such a great series T__T

I almost want to be cruel and suggest that you now tackle every reference in the Fallout series.

But I assume you have a life that you'd like to get back to at some point..

That's a very thorough catalogue, kudos.

ObsidianJones:
I almost want to be cruel and suggest that you now tackle every reference in the Fallout series.

But I assume you have a life that you'd like to get back to at some point..

I actually started working on Fallout 3 before this one but put it on hold because there were too many references. I figured it would be more timely to do Silent Hill and have it out before Halloween.

Now that this is done, I'll start back on Fallout. I'm doing 3 because (yes its shameless) I know it would get more views than if I started with 1. I'm also limiting it to the core game and then I figure I'll come back to do the expansions as separate videos.

So I'll be tackling that one a little at a time. Most likely it will be ready sometime in 2016. lol

Woooow, that's a LOT! Nice research!!! :)

That was insane, thanks.

P.S.: PULL THE LEVER!

P.P.S.:#FucKonami

damn. i wish SH came out for pc. i have only played part 2 but never part 1.
but its amazing how many references are used in it. certainly interesting. some of these movies i actually should watch again and see the once i havent seen at all.

I already knew a good chunk of the references, but there were still a few I didn't know.

Man, I should totally replay this for Halloween since it's been a long time since I've played it, and I loved it when I first played it years and years ago.

Nicely researched video. :D

Thats mighty extensive. I wonder though with so much being a similar name thing, how many of them are actually coincidences, or in some shop cases perhaps the shop is named after silent hill instead?

Silent Hill is by far the scariest game I've played in a long time. The Dead Space games are a close second. I got stuck in Silent Hill 2 in the goddamn apartments, and I never played any of the other games.

Good review. So many references.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here