Preparation

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Preparation

Never prepare your own catheter.

Read Full Article

Fucking terrible....

I love it!

Bah, how spineless.
The only way to truly be free for the Fallout, is to capture every single person that has influenced your life, and stick them in the basement... or five feet under.

Yes, especially that nice grandmother who gave you the cookies.
Don't want her interrupting game time, and ruin everything by being some secret government sex agent or something.

Also if you have pets, you can probably eat them... that's what I did with my sex slaves in the basement. I cleared the basement of life ready for new captives, AND I got a supply of food. Perfect, right?!

Most of that is a lie... minus the basement.

Hope you're all ready for crashes, glitches and incompatibility problems \o/

At any rate I'm still off the hype train, I'll grab it down the line definately but not at launch.

I took a vacation day for the 10th. I still need to clear some room on my SSD and then I'll be ready!

Eh, I just can't get that hyped over a new FO game.

A new TES game, on the other hand...yeah, I suddenly got sick for four days when Skyrim came out. :P

... Is it wrong that I don't understand why she's pretending to be Brain Dead (or whatever) for Fallout 4? Why is she doing that?

Grody fecal excellence. All Hallows Eve came early this year, and so did I. As the bishop said to the actress, a masterful strip.

The White Hunter:
Hope you're all ready for crashes, glitches and incompatibility problems \o/

At any rate I'm still off the hype train, I'll grab it down the line definately but not at launch.

Ohhh, I should think we'll be grabbing it aaalllll the way down the line.

Mr.Mattress:
... Is it wrong that I don't understand why she's pretending to be Brain Dead (or whatever) for Fallout 4? Why is she doing that?

Because... Blah,blah,blah hype... Blah,blah blah obsession...

-shrug- I don't get it either. I mean, in relation to fallout, but... I can follow the concept at least. XD

Dammiiiiiiit, I forgot about Fallout 4. And the launch overlaps with the time I'm devoting towards Battlefleet Gothic: Armada closed alpha.
Gonna have some tough choices come the 10th. Maybe I can go without food breaks. And half the time I spend sleeping.

CrystalShadow:

Mr.Mattress:

-shrug- I don't get it either. I mean, in relation to fallout, but... I can follow the concept at least. XD

Probably because medical facilities aren't in the habit of hooking you up to an IV and Catheter just because you asked nicely, and "So I can binge play Fallout 4 for the next week" isn't a valid excuse either.

Mr.Mattress:

It being fallout as opposed to any other the point is to get set up with a catheter and IV , which make it so you can stay in one place for a really long time, she basically never needs to pull herself away from it. It's not about being braindead it's about being immobile.

Katherine Kerensky:
Dammiiiiiiit, I forgot about Fallout 4. And the launch overlaps with the time I'm devoting towards Battlefleet Gothic: Armada closed alpha.
Gonna have some tough choices come the 10th. Maybe I can go without food breaks. And half the time I spend sleeping.

And human contact. And cell phone coverage.

And laundry....maybe... >.>

Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.

Hang on, I just realised she's not doing that to skive off work, it's to avoid food and toilet breaks. Oh dear lord!

Fappy:
I took a vacation day for the 10th. I still need to clear some room on my SSD and then I'll be ready!

...to play on the 12th, after 15+ hours of trying to make a borderline unplayable game work.

Mr.Mattress:

She's trying to set herself up so she doesn't have to eat or use the bathroom. It's just an exaggerated extension of the people who are saying they'll be calling in sick.

CrystalShadow:

Do you mean you don't get why people are obsessed for Fallout, or why this comic is relating the two? Because the latter strikes me as fairly obvious. People are super hyped for Fallout 3, to the point it's noteworthy even in the gaming community (which is already notable for its excessive hype culture). The joke, therefore, stems in part because this is about the only step people haven't declared and because at this point, it's not so much a stretch.

The former? No clue. Fallout games always strike me as pretty mediocre. I expect pretty much the same thing I got with Fallout 3 and NV: I'll buy it for like five bucks on sale and have some fun with it before not finishing it and probably never going back to it.

But my SO is super obsessed with Skyrim, so what do I know?

warmachine:
Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.

Have you ever actually played a game in order to review it? It's awful.

Mr.Mattress:

So she can keep playing Fallout 4 without getting interrupted by those pesky physiological needs (like eating or going to the bathroom)

Ah Bethesda, releasing pretty, buggy game engines since Morrowind. Saving the "good stuff" (interesting content, fun game mechanics, actual story) for the DLC. Then relying on the mod community to make an actual playable game with the engine.

Fappy:

GAH! I didn't even think to check my SSD and make sure it had available space.

I know it wasn't your intention to help me, but you have and I thank you. Cheers!

(Runs off to check available space)

CaitSeith:

Mr.Mattress:

So she can keep playing Fallout 4 without getting interrupted by those pesky physiological needs (like eating or going to the bathroom)

Call me old fashioned, but I do just fine with a minifridge loaded with soda and granola bars, oh and a bucket for those times I just....unngh.....can't leave my chair. Depends could work too, but diapers are a bit demeaning.

Well, I guess Erin will die alone after all.

RJ 17:

C'mon, just 227 more days before its bugfree :)

Gretha Unterberg:

RJ 17:

C'mon, just 227 more days before its (mostly) bugfree :)

There, went ahead and fixed that for you :P. There's no such thing as a bugfree Bethesda game.

As I said though, I've just never really been into FO in the first place. Post-apocalyptic just isn't my bag.

warmachine:

Hang on, I just realised she's not doing that to skive off work, it's to avoid food and toilet breaks. Oh dear lord!

And since when did Erin care about doing her job?

Caramel Frappe:
.. Even I admit that's quite bad of you to do Erin over a video game ಠ_ಠ ... just take breaks since you can pause it at anytime.

And since when did Erin try a not-crazy solution to her problems?

"Presumably Consoles But Why"

Can we please make this a tag that gets frequent use?

Hey, gotta get those thorough reviews out ASAP or the competition will own you!
It's just good practice, you know?

True fans use PICC lines and dialysis, and we don't need catheters.

I really didn't get the joke, but then again I was never really a fan of Fallout - give me TES anyday.

The Wooster:

warmachine:

Why? Can't you just enjoy the moment and worry about the review later?

Bad Jim:

The Wooster:

warmachine:

I've never reviewed a game but rushing through a video game to meet the deadline sounds horrible.

mysecondlife:

Bad Jim:

The Wooster:

I've never reviewed a game but rushing through a video game to meet the deadline sounds horrible.

Yeah but if you're rushing through the main quests of a Bethesda game and not goofing around then you're doing it completely wrong and your review is invalid.

Bad Jim:

mysecondlife:

Bad Jim:

Yeah but if you're rushing through the main quests of a Bethesda game and not goofing around then you're doing it completely wrong and your review is invalid.

Okay, lets just release our review a month or two after release of the game when the review is completely worthless and our competition has beat us to it. Yeah, we can totally justify the lack of page views on that. If you really think someone rushing through a game to meet a deadline makes that review irrelevant, then whatever you do, stay out of games journalism.

Bad Jim:

mysecondlife:

Bad Jim:

You just proved my point friend.

...I need to befriend more medical professionals so I can get that sweet setup.

Something Amyss:

CrystalShadow:

Do you mean you don't get why people are obsessed for Fallout, or why this comic is relating the two? Because the latter strikes me as fairly obvious. People are super hyped for Fallout 3, to the point it's noteworthy even in the gaming community (which is already notable for its excessive hype culture). The joke, therefore, stems in part because this is about the only step people haven't declared and because at this point, it's not so much a stretch.

The former? No clue. Fallout games always strike me as pretty mediocre. I expect pretty much the same thing I got with Fallout 3 and NV: I'll buy it for like five bucks on sale and have some fun with it before not finishing it and probably never going back to it.

But my SO is super obsessed with Skyrim, so what do I know?

The second one. >_>

The joke is completely obvious to me... But I don't particularly get the hype for Fallout specifically...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here