Good Bad Flicks: Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God

When will Hollywood give a D&D movie the budget it deserves?

Watch Video

If they do make a new D&D movie, I do hope they find a way to work old blue lips in there for a cameo.

While I've never played D&D and really have no interest to, I feel bad for fans who keep getting these cheap as hell movies. For such a big franchise with so many fans, you guys deserve better. But at the very, VERY least, the movies you get are more faithful to the games than most. As a huge Resident Evil fan, the movies are so God-awful I wouldn't wish that weapons-grade bullshit on any other fandom.

I've had D&D 1 and 2 in my list to one day watch a looong time now. Thanks for the review, Cecil! Now at least I know how it goes ;)

Really hoping on a kick-ass movie in the future. The problem might be more "authenticity" than money this time tho; got me worried! Hopefully they get the Marvel treatment and it ends up both true AND great!!! :D

Boy, did they give Eragon a solid fucking.

'... a built in audience of thousands of fans..'

I think they put their finger on the nub of the problem right there.

shteev:

Yes, thousands, not millions.
For a great movie, or hell even trilogy if you wanna do it the Hobbit way, I have three words for you, The. Crystal. Shard.

shteev:

Remus:

shteev:

Yes, thousands, not millions.
For a great movie, or hell even trilogy if you wanna do it the Hobbit way, I have three words for you, The. Crystal. Shard.

The Dungeons and Dragons fan base is a little more robust than that. The last estimates put it around 20 million folks have played D&D.

It looks quite enjoyable.

Now the earlier d&d movie was to but for the very wrong reasons. This time, sticking to the actual lore and setting. Looks like allot of fun to watch.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here